“It needs to be shut down.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bar Harbor Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Bar Harbor Motor Inn
You added Bar Harbor Motor Inn to your Saves list
100 North Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29578   |
Ranked #120 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Baltimore, Maryland
“It needs to be shut down.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I along with our two small dogs reserved this " Den of Inequity " for one week in october. When we reserved this place earlier from Maryland, we were informed that the hotel was located on the new board walk in Myrtle beach. As we pulled in, I found the parking lot difficult drive up on. I'm glad it was just about empty as the area is small. We checked in and as we approached the room on the forth floor, a man was leaving our room. I asked the man if the room was ready and he yes. When we finished unloading our luggage, we took a closer look around to find mold in spots on the wall. The cement balcony looked chipped and worn from years of salt and sand. When entering the bedroom. we found a half dead roach between the beds on the floor. I guess the man who was in the room failed to step on the roach hard enough. I would have to judge this hotel as past its prime. The room was unfit for decent people. When we demanded our money back, the man who was in the room earlier complied with out a problem. Avoid this place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Dobson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

It was so beautiful the rooms was exceatly what they show they are they were so clean the people were very nice and friendly we enjoy our stay so much we are all ready saving and planning for next year I would advice anyone to stay at this Motel Very good location

Room Tip: To see a beautiful view get the beach frount with the balcony
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We decided to stay 2 extra nights while at the beach but the hotel We were staying in did not have any openings. We stopped here and ask to look at a room. We were shown a really nice room on the first floor. The day We checked in was a different story. We were pit on the 5th floor which was fine. We had a great view but that was it. The room was dirty the bed sagged so bad I couldn't walk when I got up in the mornings. We actually got locked out on the balcony our last morning there. Luckily I had my phone with me and called the front desk and they came and let us in. Why would you put a door on a 5th floor room that locks like that. Housekeeping did not even clean the room while there. We got back to the room and had a bag of towels hanging on the outside door handle. I went to take a bath and had no way to even plug the tub. Don't walk away from this place.......RUN

• Stayed September 2012
Johnson City, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We just recently came back from Myrtle Beach and a stay at Bar Harbor. I had read reviews and knew that it wasn't the best. But.... We saw several roaches as several reviews indicated. However, the worst thing was that one of our rooms was infested by bed bugs. I have just returned from a physician who diagnosis the bites as coming from bed bugs. This is unexcusable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My Aunt use to stay at this place years ago, then it was nice. We had four different family menbers staying here. It was dirty,run down. When I told the staff about the roachs, they said sorry we spray once a month. They move us twice, said the room we were in was booked. We had booked a head to???? The staff was not helpful at all. I seen 2 dogs tied to a tree at motel for over an hour with no water. I went down to the office to let them know. They said sorry we can't do anything don't know who's dogs they are. If you want you can call aminal control. I din't want to stay, but didn't want to upset the other family menbers. All four would of had to found a different hotel.

Room Tip: I don't have anything good to say about this place
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Eden, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Don't expect this to be a five star because you are not paying for a five star. The rates are very good. Housekeeping could do a much better job. Hard getting a cart over to the other building to unload luggage.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Marion, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Great place to stay. Price was very reasonable. 4 hotels from the pier. Was perfect for us. Room was larger than expected an talk about the view-unreal. set on the couch or lay on the bed an c the ocean.Sunrise every morning. had large refrigerator an sink an microwave.Jacuzzi tub was great.A very needed an relaxing vacation.Plenty of places close by to eat an shop.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bar Harbor Motor Inn? Share your experiences!