“booking a room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Summer Wind Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Summer Wind Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Summer Wind Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1903 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (Formerly A Summer Wind Motel)   |
Ranked #176 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Parkersburg, West Virginia
“booking a room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I booked my room in April for the end of may and when I got down here they said my revs had been cancelled, in which I did not cancel , go to show me that they didn't check to see if it is the right person cancelling . last time I stay here, manager acted like I didn't know what I was talking, said I had wrong hotel I use to stay here a lot .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1903Oceanfront, Manager at Summer Wind Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Misty578,
I apologize for the delay in responding to your TripAdvisor review. Regrettably, your reservation was cancelled in error. The front desk associate was able to find you accommodations in the same room type and the same rate. However, we apologize that your reservation was cancelled in error. We appreciate your past business, and will work harder to earn your future business.

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay clean rooms everyone around us shared alcohol and things... Pool party Was great..... Store right to the left of the hotel .... Security was reasonable ... No room for trailers :/ met alot of great ppl there

• Stayed May 2013
1903Oceanfront, Manager at Summer Wind Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Sagg.star,
Thank you for traveling to Myrtle Beach over the Memorial Day holiday and for staying at the Summer Wind Inn & Suites. We appreciated you taking the time to comment on your experience and for noting that your room was clean. We hope to see you soon.
Stephens City, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I want to say I think Summer wind is a great place for the dollar if any one has had a problem with this place come back give them a second chance Tim and Chris do a great job with all the staff you will love it I always stay at Summer Wind Paul.

Room Tip: all rooms are nice room 415 is great.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1903Oceanfront, Manager at Summer Wind Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Paul W,
Thank you for staying at Summer Wind Inn & Suites and for taking the time to write a review about your experience. We appreciated you noting that positive changes have been made, and we would appreciate the opportunity to welcome back former guests. We are fortunate to have a good team at the hotel, and it is always gratifying for the team members to be positively recognized. We hope that you will visit again soon.
York, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I just stayed there recently and found it enjoyable. I was pleased with the pleasant staff that helped make my stay pleasurable. Not the Hilton but very clean and well kept. I am a repeat guest and it was much improved from the last time. The rooms were upgraded and very clean. The staff was very helpful and nice. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear LMR231,
Thank you for returning to Summer Wind Inn & Suites. We appreciated the opportunity to earn your business, and thank you for noting the positive changes that have been made. We hope that you will return again soon.
Middletown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We paid 49.00 a night which we stayed 2 nights.The room was clean,not fancy but we loved the Patio.The first night we were there we saw a roach,We sit all of our stuff on the Patio, but brought them back inside when we didnt see any more.They had sprayed and maybe 1 got away.It was nice and I would stay there again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1903Oceanfront, Manager at Summer Wind Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear 212cooper4,
Thank you for staying at Summer Wind Inn & Suites, and for writing a review. We appreciated the opportunity to earn your business. As you noted, Summer Wind is not the newest or the fanciest motel on the oceanfront. Thank you for noting that your room was clean and comfortable. We apologize that you saw an insect in your room. As with any commercial building, pest elimination is outsourced and is provided by a leading extermination company. Thank you for noting that the building's pest maintenance was recently performed. We hope that you will return to the beautiful Grand Strand soon, and that you will come back to Summer Wind.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I was worried when I read all the reviews about roaches - but I haven't seen a single one since I've been here. There is nothing fancy about this hotel - but the rooms are decently clean and the price is cheap. I would suggest to anyone traveling on a budget. I was disappointed that the hot tub was out of order and way too small!

• Stayed April 2013
MainstaySC054, Manager at Summer Wind Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Cd65023,
Thank you for staying at Summer Wind Inn & Suites, and for taking the time to write an honest review of your experience. While we do not claim to be the newest property on the oceanfront, the new management team strives to make sure that the guestrooms are clean and comfortable. Your review is a good reminder that we should let folks know that we offer comfortable, oceanfront lodging that is ideal for guests who are traveling on a budget. We hope that you will return again soon.
Kingston, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

As I read the reviews for this motel, it brings back memories from 5 years ago. We stayed here 5 years ago for 4 nights and it was a terrible experience. This place is plain and simply A DUMP!! It looks as if nothing has changed in the five years that have passed. I'm surprised to see that it remains open.
When we stayed there, the windows were so dirty that we bought some windex and cleaned it ourselves so that we could see the ocean view. We were scalded or froze in the shower as it was difficult to regulate the temperature, the toilet paper holder was attached to the wall 6 inches from the floor, the sheets on the beds were old and very thin. The pool was out of commission for our whole visit. At that same time they were advertising that the rooms were newly renovated, NOT! That was our first visit to Myrtle Beach and because we had prepaid for the room, we could not get a refund, wish we had known about tripadvisor back then, it would have saved us from this place.
The only nice thing about this place is the beautiful ocean view. Good thing that there are much better places to stay in Myrtle Beach and THANK YOU TRIPADVISOR for your website! Travellers BEWARE and read the reviews!

• Stayed March 2013
MainstaySC054, Manager at Summer Wind Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Canadathebeautiful.
Regrettably, we cannot address what you experienced at Summer Wind Inn & Suites five years ago. As you know, a lot can change in five years time. Our management company assumed the operation of the hotel just this year, and began a renovation project. Since you posted a review without having stayed with us recently,we would like to invite you to stop by to see our progress. We do not profess to be the newest hotel on the oceanfront, however, the new management and staff take pride in providing clean accommodations and friendly, helpful guest service. Hope that you will stop by when you are in the beautiful Grand Strand area.

Been to Summer Wind Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!