“Nasty and untruthful” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Summer Wind Inn & Suites

and 1 more site!
You added Summer Wind Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Summer Wind Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1903 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (Formerly A Summer Wind Motel)   |
Ranked #177 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Gate City, Virginia, United States
“Nasty and untruthful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I called to check on staying at this motel (Inn and suites) and got a good price. I then read the reviews and they were really bad. I called back to have a gentleman assure me that this was the Summer wind Inn and Suites and that they reviews were about Summer Winds Motel and they were different. I booked a room and later called back a second time to have a lady who said she was the manager speak with me and again assured me we would have a clean room and that there were no roaches as the reviews had said. I took her word for this. When we arrived we were shown a room (312) it appeared to be older and somewhat clean and there was no sign of roaches when we first went in. While my other half went to take care of the paper work i noticed that the door to the room was open. I tried to close it but it would not close. when the other half came back to the room and he had to litterally force the door closed. He had just sat the last of our bags on the bed when i looked and there were roaches crawling down the wall. We immediately went back to the office and advised them of this situation and told them that we were not staying and they refused to refund our money or our deposit. This is the worst motel or inn which ever you want to call it that i have ever saw. the pipes are out in the open in the bathroom with the ceiling tiles starting to fall, there are roaches, the refrigerator in the room that we were given was dirty and still had food in it from the last person that had been in that room, the stove was dirty, as we were getting ready to leave the room i pulled the sheets down on the bed and there was drull on the pillowcases from the previous people. Overall the staff lied to us and the motel or inn was totally nasty. I would not have even left my dogs (that were with us) in that room. This seems like a scam to get your money and then dont care what the room is like. I asked the girl in the office if she would stay in this motel or in and she refused to answer me. Please if you are going to the beach pay a little more and get a good room and dont even fool with this place. On the internet Summer Winds Motel and Summer Winds Inn and Suites have the same address and when you call they will tell you that it is 2 different places but trust me it is not. We ended up losing $300.

Room Tip: Stay away from Summer Winds Motel or Summer Winds Inn and Suites you will lose your money like we di...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
James S, Manager at Summer Wind Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Motel is under new management and we have found evidence of some issues in room 312. Although the accounts this guest has given on Trip Advisor and also through other venues were somewhat different and the old manager is no longer here to explain, this guest has been offered compensation and we are at the time of this management response awaiting her answer. We attempt to provide accommodations at the lowest possible price. Under new management, we are working diligently to update the motel and correct old issues for past guests. Thank you for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Milledgeville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Do not stay at this place it it the worst place that I have ever been. The bathroom had water leaking from somewhere all over the floor and the toliet wasn't ever bolted down to the floor. There were roaches everywhere. The towels and sheets were not clean. The place was just nasty and smelt terrible. Do not use TravelSaver to make reservations to this place because if you do they do not want to refund your money. My vacation was runined because of this place. The pictures that are shown are not a true representation of this place. The mangement some rude lady was not helpful at all. This place should be closed for good and torn down.

Room Tip: Do not stay here at all.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
anytown
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I called this hotel on August to get a price for my vacation on 11/4/2012 thru 11/10/2012 I spoke to a very polite young lady, but i did not get her name. She gave me the rate I would be paying of $370.00 with thier pet fee included it was to be an oceanfront room. Well I called back today to change my dates. This is when I spoke to this rude person Stacy. She said well I dont know who you spoke to but I will not include the Pet Fee in that price. Well I told her that I can call another Hotel and make the reservation there. They have already told me that they would include the pet fee in the price of the room. I asked her who her boss was and she said she would not give me that information. I wonder why? I think that the young lady I spoke with first should be made the General Manager and this rude person FIRED. I will find out who her boss is and I will give him an earfull about this Stacy person. You can bet on that.

Room Tip: DO NOT Call This STACY person for a reservation.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
It's difficult to know what went on in this situation as actually most people had a very high opinion of former manager Stacey. In any case, she is no longer employed at Summer Wind and the business is under new management. We are working diligently to upgrade the property and have great rates in the winter time as well. We normally would charge an extra fee for pets as there is additional cleanup involved. We are sorry for past inconvenience and hope that you will try us again next year. Thanks for the feedback.
Southern Pines, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Please DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! This place was ROACH infested. Was woke up about midnight with something crawling on me. Turned on the light and saw ROACHES running across the nightstand and across the headboard, we jumped up out of bed snatched the sheets back and sure enough a roach under the covers. We called down to the office and let the phone ring for 10 MIN while we were packing our stuff up. No answer. Went to office, no one there, call em # posted on window, spoke with SAM. Was told they wouldn't have them if people stopped bringing them then was told to come back in the morn and speak to STACY. Read next review

Room Tip: Best tip to choose a good room is to NOT stay here! Stay across the street at the Best Western Plus...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Relative to roaches, we don't like the little critters any better than anyone else. We pay a tidy sum each month for comprehensive pest control the source of some from the outdoors living naturally in the environment in the south and some from people bringing them in. When we find roaches in between the normal treatment periods, we call our new pest control company Ecolab (same company used by Hilton) and they respond to any outbreak. No one is expecting to have roaches all over them, but the occasional bug will get in the room, as some actually fly. In any case this response is some weeks after the comment, however two weeks ago the property was emptied and all rooms sprayed thoroughly, and then the next week all rooms were fogged professionally. The motel is under new management and we continue to keep the motel clean of these pest with frequent inspections and pest control from the top rated company here. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I wouldn't stay here again if it was the only hotel with vacancy at Myrtle Beah! There was roaches in the room. The hot tub was nasty. We didn't see the maid the whole time we were there(3 days!). We had to go to the desk to get towels and they only give one per person and no bath mats! We got back about 11:00 one night and there was no parking places! There were about four cars that had to make places and block other guests in. They were supposed to have breakfast and coffee, but there was no one to be seen at 11:00 in the morning, they hadn't been there at all that morning. Wouldn't recommend to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
The property is under new management. In response, parking is at a premium at every hotel on the beach as real estate for parking is very expensive. We have just enough spaces on site to provide one per room plus our check in/check out area. We permit all vehicles and there is only one vehicle permitted per room. We have three areas to park in and sometimes guests come in late and forget to check all three. The parking areas are posted as tow away zones for unpermitted vehicles and towed when found. This guest came on Labor Day weekend and so there was 100% occupancy. The hot tub has been very clean physically, but because a new pool service person added too much of a cleaning agent that stained the hot tub, the appearance is less than optimal, that is true. Now that the hot tub can be shut down for repairs because it's offseason, we are doing annual maintenance it will be repainted and looking great. As to towels, we have had to limit the number of towels per day because we found guests taking them to the beach, leaving them there or just dirtying one after another with multiple trips to the beach and then keep expecting more clean towels. Guests are expected to provide their own beach towels and this is communicated, but some just abuse laundry services. In any case, a new pest company is on the job and we are working to update rooms and upgrade in other areas. Thank you for the comment.
Seneca, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

My family and I checked in on August 9, 2012 and stayed for 3 nights. The prices were the best on the strip and the check-in experience was wonderful. We stayed in an oceanfront room with a coffee maker, full size refrigerator, and microwave. The hotel is directly on the beach and the balcony overlooks the pool. The pool was cleaned daily as we could see from our balcony and it had a kiddie pool and hot tub. Free waffles and bagels served daily for breakfast and housekeeping brought towels every morning. We had not read any reviews before we decided to stay there. Thank goodness we didn't b/c our experience was wonderful. People need to keep in mind this is not a resort...only an Inn/Motel that thousands of people come in and out of. Some abuse and some do not. We did see one small roach in the bathroom which is pretty common in a hotel on the beach. No the carpet and the couch isn't new but even if it was would it matter? Once thousands of people have sat on it with wet/dirty clothes and children have dropped food on it, it really isn't gonna matter. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your response. Glad you enjoyed your stay and please come back. Mostly people who are satisfied and happy do not take the time to write reviews. Fortunately we have thousands of guests per year who are happy just like you. Still new management is working to improve things further. We are what you said in terms of trying our best to provide the most economical stay on the beach.
abingdon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Our family stayed here on 7/13/12 the pool was geen the couch looked liked some one had wiped their butt on it. The seats at the table were stained, the carpet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. It's extremely over priced for the conditions of the motel. The only good thing about this motel is the location, I would not advise anyone to stay here. VERY VERY disappointed with this place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Summer Wind Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!