Message from TripAdvisor:

“Great location, nice staff, perfect view (room 510 cozy and modern)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Forest Dunes Resort

Offers & Announcements
Spring Rates from $55!
Ranked #35 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
baden, ontario
“Great location, nice staff, perfect view (room 510 cozy and modern)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed in a one bedroom beach front room with an amazing view of the ocean. Very well decorated and furnished condo, It feels like we're at home here and I'm sure that what the owners were going for. The staff seems friendly and polite. My wife and I drove down from Ontario and it was well worth the drive. There is a pool, hot tub and lazy river that were well maintained. The parking was free in the four story parking garage.
We will definitely come back sometime in the future.

Room Tip: If you like a larger unit go with the ones facing the pool, you still get a good view of the ocean a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ForestDunesMOD, Manager at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you for the great comments about your repeat visit to Forest Dunes Resort. We are happy to hear how much you enjoyed the amazing views, the well decorated and furnished condo, the friendly and polite staff, free parking and well maintained pools, hot tub and lazy river. We are also happy to know how you felt at home here. We really appreciate you and look forward to your next visit. We hope you feel well rested from your vacation and have a great year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Akron, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Sorry to say, after 7 straight years, my group will no longer being booking our annual trip at Forest Dunes. It has been brought to my attention that it was suggested by management that we should find a different place to stay. There was a problem with 1 of our 13 rooms that couldn't be handled appropriately by Mgmt. and 1 of our family members. It was also implied that we were "partying" without a special permit ($100.00 deposit in case we wreck the place?) by the staff. Our "party" consisted of ages ranging from 5 months to 74 years old. You promote your establishment as being family oriented, but when a large family does what families do-1 evening as a family, enjoying dinner and each others company, you attack this event as a "PARTY" that could get out of control? There was never 1 complaint by anyone that week about our group. I might add that our "PARTY" was over at 9:00 p.m.
Everything poolside was cleaner after our "Party" than it was at any other time that week.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ForestDunesMOD, Manager at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback and hate to see you leave. We really hope you will reconsider and come again next year. Please allow us to explain. We were initially concerned because our housekeepers reported seeing an abundance of alcohol in one particular condo and one of the occupants of that same condo stated they were expecting 40 people for a party. As it turned out, your party was very much in control and there were not anywhere near 40 people crowded into that one condo at the same time. There were no damages or complaints resulting from your gathering and we were impressed with your group. We thought you all left satisfied as we apologized to the one individual for the misunderstanding and made it very clear to her that we appreciate all of you and assured her that we look forward to your group's next visit. Please feel free to contact a Manager on Duty if there is anything else we can do to help satisfy you. Our day manager, Doug Piel, can be reached at 1-800-845-7787.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

A standard quite for the most part, but the room had numerous severe cracks in the plaster/sheetrock and a busted out door knob to the shared suite next door that we weren't sharing with. But the kicker has to be the lack of professionalism displayed by the night manager and the on site security guard. I mistakenly drove my motorcycle for the weekend even though they do not allow motorcycles on the property. Thinking this policy was aimed at the annual bike week celebrations, I hoped no one would object to mine. My bike is not loud and in fact no one at the front desk noticed I had one when I checked in or when I went in and out of the property on the first day. However, the night security guard noticed my bike on the top of the parking deck and via my parking pass attached to my bike, he was able to get my room number from the front desk. Between him and the front desk it was determined that I must be woken up at 1:00 in the morning to remove it from the parking deck immediately. Standing in my underwear at the door, I asked if I could wait until the morning and what I thought was a reasonable request was denied. Not wanting to be kicked out, I certainly did not cause any problems and moved it right away. I assume the night manager and security guard were quite proud of themselves, but I will certainly strive for a more customer service oriented establishment for my next trip to the beach.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ForestDunesMOD, Manager at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. We wish you had asked permission to park your motorcycle, rather than disregard our policy that is clearly stated in all confirmations and upon entering the resort property. It appears from your comments that you were aware of the policy and chose to violate it. We certainly strive for excellent customer service, but sometimes we just can not please everyone. In this case our priority was to satisfy all the other guests who reserved here with the understanding that Forest Dunes Resort maintains an atmosphere where Motorcycles are not allowed on property. In like regard, Forest Dunes Resort does not allow smoking on property. We certainly appreciate you and you are always welcome back without a motorcycle.
Alliance, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a our first stay at Forest Dunes, and we were not disappointed! We absolutely LOVED everything about this place...perfect location, amazing view from our balcony, clean, nice pool area and hot tub, friendly staff and plenty of space for the two of us. We have stayed at other places in Myrtle Beach, but nothing compares to Forest Dunes for us. We will not hesitate to return, and are already looking forward to returning next year! Thank you for making our vacation a relaxing and stress-free time. The worst part of our trip was having to leave...can't wait to return!

Room Tip: The higher floors have the best views of the beach!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding your first stay at Forest Dunes Resort. We are very pleased to hear how much you LOVED everything. Forest Dunes really does have the perfect location. The beach is much nicer in this area. That's why they call it the "Golden Mile", or the "Cabana Section" with all the quaint cabanas along the beach. While at Forest Dunes we are also pleased to hear how much you enjoyed our views, balconies, pools, hot tub, lazy river, friendly staff, cleanliness, and spaciousness. We really do appreciate you and look forward to the next time you are with us and serving you again.
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We have stayed here before and we knew what to expect and it did not disappoiint.Pool area was not at all crowded and the hot tub was very relaxing and therapudic after golf.Balcony views from 16th floor were tremendous. Staff was very friendly as was the maintenance man (JJ). Rooms are very large and come well equipped.They are individually owned and ours was well taken care of and clean.

Room Tip: All rooms are not the same. Ask for a premier rated one.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. We appreciate your repeat business and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are especially happy to hear you enjoyed the pool area, the relaxing hot tub, the great balcony views, friendly staff and maintenance man (JJ), and the large condos. We are also happy to hear your condo was well taken care of and clean. Your comments are very consistent with our internal guest surveys and we receive far more internal surveys than Trip Advisor surveys because our guests do not have to go through Trip Advisor to leave comments. Thanks again for your great comments. We really do appreciate you and look forward to serving you again in the future.
Washington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I've stayed at a few different condos and resorts in Myrtle Beach. As with every other one, they are all similar in themselves, but I found the Forest Dunes Resort to be quite a nice experience. My girlfriend and I stayed in room 903. The condo was very clean and well taken care of. The owners had it updated enough to my liking. I don't expect stainless steel appliances or top knotch items and I don't judge because the furniture patterns aren't updated to the trendiest of likings. I look at the big picture like comfort, cleanliness, etc.

The rooms were comfortable, clean and overall large. The 1 1/2 bath makes it great considering both my girlfriend and I could get ready in each bathroom to goto dinner after our day at the beach. The view was phenomenal from our room. We had an "ocean view" room and the view was spectacular. We were able to see straight down the coast line and straight out into the ocean. Any floor 8th and up would be ideal for having a nice ocean front view.

As one of the other viewers stated, the street isn't an extremely busy street, as your close to a nice residential area. We were approximately 10 minutes from Broadway at the Beach and Barefoot Landing, so the location was great. Not to mention close to the restauraunts, walmart, etc.

The staff was fantastic, as was the housekeeping department. We threw some dishes in the dishwasher and went ahead and let them wash while we were away for dinner in the evening. Housekeeping had come up to clean up our room for us, and they even went the extra step to put our dishes away because the dishwasher was finished before we had gotten back. This was definitely not something I requested them to do, but I thought it was very gracious that they took the extra time in order to do that for us.

My only disappointment was the pool/lazy river. It's not that big, but this isn't a reason to knock off points or feel negative about the location. The ocean is steps away and I prefer to spend my time down on the beach. But anyone that isn't a big beach fan and likes a big lazy river, this place does lack a large lazy river.

Overall, I'd highly recommend Forest Dunes Resort if your looking for an enjoyable, relaxed place to stay that is close to everything and has great rates.

Room Tip: Ocean View rooms have great views down the costal line. Make sure you choose 8th or above though in...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ForestDunesMOD, Manager at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for posting such a great review of Forest Dunes Resort. We appreciate you and thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We are so glad you noticed and liked the updated, clean, large, comfortable accommodations, great views, fantastic staff and great rates. Please come back and visit us again soon as we really enjoyed having you as our guest.
Ruckersville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I Stayed at Forrest Dunes Aug 21-26. We were greeted with a smile from the maintance men when we pulled into the parking lot.. Front desk staff was very knowledgable of diffrent area's to visit in Myrtle Beach. Housekeeping staff was very friendly as well. Just want to say i really enjoyed myself and your resort. Keep up the wonderful work..I will be returning next year..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ForestDunesMOD, Manager at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay at Forest Dunes Resort. We appreciate you and thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to your return visit and hopefully many more.

Been to Forest Dunes Resort? Share your experiences!