“Off Season Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #132 of 216 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Comox, Canada
“Off Season Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

My husband and I spent 3 weeks in November at this resort. We rented directly from the owner. This resort is a mixture of privately owned and resort owned condos...and it makes for an ok mix. It is popular with Snowbirds during the off season. The location is its best feature, being right on the beach and in the heart of the South Myrtle Beach area. It is ideally placed with restaurants, shopping, entertainment and golfing within easy reach. We enjoyed several rounds of golf, at reasonable prices, with the Myrtle Beach Golf Passport. (There is no residency requirement for the passport.)This unit, #502, has been redone with updated fixtures and a fireplace, making for cozy evenings in the winter. The resort itself is quiet and very clean. In the winter there is a Snowbirds Association. I highly recommend this resort and this part of Myrtle Beach, the south end, as the density is lower than other areas.

Room Tip: There could be some noise in the frantic summer months if you stay on the lower floors. Try for the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Lenoir City, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

While staying here with my family Oct.12-17 2013 the housekeepers came into our room after we left for dinner and stole my father's important medication. Considering there is no management at the hotel after 5 and no front desk staff after 9 we had to deal with a security guard that really didn't know what to do. We ended up calling the police to get a victims report made. The whole next day of our vacation was spent on the phone with his insurance company (which they cant help with stolen meds), local pharmacies, and his doctors back home in Tennessee just trying to get him enough medication so we could get through the rest of our vacation. Just three days worth of his meds was around 180 dollars and we only thought it was right that the hotel reimburse us for the meds that were stolen and the day we lost. We were informed by a pompous bigwig manager that it was "to bad" they contract the housekeepers out so they are not responsible for them. So in a nutshell they will give anyone a key to your room and when things turn up missing "Oh Well". Also, the floors in the rooms were dirty from the moment we checked in. Our feet were always black. I guess they were to busy looking for pills to mop the floor!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Jim R, Dir of Operations at Bluewater Resort, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Each unit has an electronic lock which make it very easy to establish entry into the unit. As such, the lock was read and no entries were reported except those by the guests. The report was given to the police who agreed with the findings.
Streetsboro, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed with my family in 1004 The condo was in excellent shape and very nicely decorated! Clean a lot of pools, right on the beach. Excellent facility and I have stayed in quite of few condos over the years.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
State Road, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed at Bluewater Resort Aug 15th-18th 2013. I rented a 1 bedroom condo oceanview through Myrtle Beach Rooms for Rent room 1110. You have to check in at the Waverider and no maid service is provided if you rent through them in this hotel which was fine with us being there just 3 days. The price is unbeatable for this time of year. The condo was beautiful, nicely decorated, average galley style kitchen. It was clean and the king size bed was very comfortable. It had a huge balcony with amazing views of the strip and the ocean, but absolutely no privacy at all. The balconies are designed in an odd way and I absolutely hated that. You can see in the pictures you are almost side by side with no wall in between. All the pools are very cold so my husband I did not swim at all which was a disappointment. The indoor jacuzzi was always packed with young children and the outside one was not as hot as it should be. I did not use the lazy river, pools, or jacuzzi across the street at the villas. Parking is across the street. While we were talking in the sitting area across from the arcade one of the biggest roaches I've ever saw fell from a vent in the ceiling. My son then told me he had saw dozens on the rooftop. For the money it can't be beat but for staying there again I definately won't.

Room Tip: Get an oceanfront room if you want any privacy at all on the balconies
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Atwater, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

It was very clean and the staff was fantastic and friendly. Security was also a plus. I would come back!!! It is also a good location. I love the workout room, the rooftop view and all the pools to be able to swim.

Room Tip: Get the kitchenette in villa number 1
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Benson, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Blue Water. We rented one of the 1 Bedroom Villa's across the street from a private owner. It slept 6 people. Kitchen was fully stocked with cooking utensils. We had a pool at our Villa's building and it pretty much was all ours. The place was empty since kids went back to school. The pools were ALL chilly. The indoor pool was freezing. I don't understand why they don't heat it. The lazy river across the street was the warmest pool onsite. The beach was beautiful with a lifeguard right there in front. The beach bar had awesome drinks/specials. Overall, the resort was great. I just wish they had washer/dryers in each unit. As another person below stated, the older security guard there was extremely nasty. He definitely needs to either retire or go into a new profession. I just told my daughter to ignore him because he was miserable. I'm not sure why, but the restaurant was closed even though it stated it would be open.

Room Tip: If you don't mind not being on the beach, Room 310A in the Villas is a great room. Has private p...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Capitol Heights, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Enjoyed the room, very spaciuos, and clean. Liked having a kichenette, it made eating down there very easy to deal with regarding the price.. And the view of the ocean every morning was to die for, being able to sit on my balcony early in the morning and get that morning breeze off the ocean, the peaceful calm from the waves, and the sun rise. Would not trade that experience for nothing in the world other than the birth of my children. Heaven!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Bluewater Resort? Share your experiences!