“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #138 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Streetsboro, Ohio
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed with my family in 1004 The condo was in excellent shape and very nicely decorated! Clean a lot of pools, right on the beach. Excellent facility and I have stayed in quite of few condos over the years.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

239 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
State Road, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed at Bluewater Resort Aug 15th-18th 2013. I rented a 1 bedroom condo oceanview through Myrtle Beach Rooms for Rent room 1110. You have to check in at the Waverider and no maid service is provided if you rent through them in this hotel which was fine with us being there just 3 days. The price is unbeatable for this time of year. The condo was beautiful, nicely decorated, average galley style kitchen. It was clean and the king size bed was very comfortable. It had a huge balcony with amazing views of the strip and the ocean, but absolutely no privacy at all. The balconies are designed in an odd way and I absolutely hated that. You can see in the pictures you are almost side by side with no wall in between. All the pools are very cold so my husband I did not swim at all which was a disappointment. The indoor jacuzzi was always packed with young children and the outside one was not as hot as it should be. I did not use the lazy river, pools, or jacuzzi across the street at the villas. Parking is across the street. While we were talking in the sitting area across from the arcade one of the biggest roaches I've ever saw fell from a vent in the ceiling. My son then told me he had saw dozens on the rooftop. For the money it can't be beat but for staying there again I definately won't.

Room Tip: Get an oceanfront room if you want any privacy at all on the balconies
Atwater, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

It was very clean and the staff was fantastic and friendly. Security was also a plus. I would come back!!! It is also a good location. I love the workout room, the rooftop view and all the pools to be able to swim.

Room Tip: Get the kitchenette in villa number 1
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Benson, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Blue Water. We rented one of the 1 Bedroom Villa's across the street from a private owner. It slept 6 people. Kitchen was fully stocked with cooking utensils. We had a pool at our Villa's building and it pretty much was all ours. The place was empty since kids went back to school. The pools were ALL chilly. The indoor pool was freezing. I don't understand why they don't heat it. The lazy river across the street was the warmest pool onsite. The beach was beautiful with a lifeguard right there in front. The beach bar had awesome drinks/specials. Overall, the resort was great. I just wish they had washer/dryers in each unit. As another person below stated, the older security guard there was extremely nasty. He definitely needs to either retire or go into a new profession. I just told my daughter to ignore him because he was miserable. I'm not sure why, but the restaurant was closed even though it stated it would be open.

Room Tip: If you don't mind not being on the beach, Room 310A in the Villas is a great room. Has private p...
Capitol Heights, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Enjoyed the room, very spaciuos, and clean. Liked having a kichenette, it made eating down there very easy to deal with regarding the price.. And the view of the ocean every morning was to die for, being able to sit on my balcony early in the morning and get that morning breeze off the ocean, the peaceful calm from the waves, and the sun rise. Would not trade that experience for nothing in the world other than the birth of my children. Heaven!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Canton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I was a little concerned with all the bad reviews but we booked a room anyway because the price was right. We stayed 4 nights in July 2013 and had a great time! The hotel staff were all very nice and security was great. There were security personnel walking around and I think that keeps the bad guys away. The pools and the hot tubs were all working and in good order. I do think it is important to get the right room. At first we were going to stay in one room on the 7th floor (701). It was old and outdated. We asked for another room and they accommodated us. We struck the jackpot with ROOM 602! Granite counters, high end furniture and a great view!

Room Tip: Room 602 is beautiful!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Levittown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have stayed at the Bluewater Resort for the last 23 years. We have stayed in all room types. The hotel has done alot of cosmetic rennovations and looks really good. Love the new paving stones on the entire pool deck area. Our room was clean and in good condition. Bathroom could use a little upgrade but in no way affected our stay. Bluewater Resort has always been consistently well maintained and we are never disappointed in staying there.

Will warn future repeat guests and future guests that there maid service has changed in that maid service is now every other day. You must sign an acknowledgement of this upon check in. Also for repeat guests, reservation must be paid for 2 weeks prior to check-in. Again this did not affect our stay but wanted to pass the info along.

Only one negative for me personally was that we asked for an extended check out since our flight had changed to later in the day. I inquired at the desk to see if our room was being used after we checked out and it wasn't...they did extend us one hour from 11am to noon but was going to charge us for any additional time we wanted. I thought this was a bit unfair especially since we have been staying there for such a long time. Oh well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Bluewater Resort? Share your experiences!