“Very Nice Resort” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #136 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Benson, North Carolina
“Very Nice Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Blue Water. We rented one of the 1 Bedroom Villa's across the street from a private owner. It slept 6 people. Kitchen was fully stocked with cooking utensils. We had a pool at our Villa's building and it pretty much was all ours. The place was empty since kids went back to school. The pools were ALL chilly. The indoor pool was freezing. I don't understand why they don't heat it. The lazy river across the street was the warmest pool onsite. The beach was beautiful with a lifeguard right there in front. The beach bar had awesome drinks/specials. Overall, the resort was great. I just wish they had washer/dryers in each unit. As another person below stated, the older security guard there was extremely nasty. He definitely needs to either retire or go into a new profession. I just told my daughter to ignore him because he was miserable. I'm not sure why, but the restaurant was closed even though it stated it would be open.

Room Tip: If you don't mind not being on the beach, Room 310A in the Villas is a great room. Has private p...

242 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Capitol Heights, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Enjoyed the room, very spaciuos, and clean. Liked having a kichenette, it made eating down there very easy to deal with regarding the price.. And the view of the ocean every morning was to die for, being able to sit on my balcony early in the morning and get that morning breeze off the ocean, the peaceful calm from the waves, and the sun rise. Would not trade that experience for nothing in the world other than the birth of my children. Heaven!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Canton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I was a little concerned with all the bad reviews but we booked a room anyway because the price was right. We stayed 4 nights in July 2013 and had a great time! The hotel staff were all very nice and security was great. There were security personnel walking around and I think that keeps the bad guys away. The pools and the hot tubs were all working and in good order. I do think it is important to get the right room. At first we were going to stay in one room on the 7th floor (701). It was old and outdated. We asked for another room and they accommodated us. We struck the jackpot with ROOM 602! Granite counters, high end furniture and a great view!

Room Tip: Room 602 is beautiful!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Levittown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have stayed at the Bluewater Resort for the last 23 years. We have stayed in all room types. The hotel has done alot of cosmetic rennovations and looks really good. Love the new paving stones on the entire pool deck area. Our room was clean and in good condition. Bathroom could use a little upgrade but in no way affected our stay. Bluewater Resort has always been consistently well maintained and we are never disappointed in staying there.

Will warn future repeat guests and future guests that there maid service has changed in that maid service is now every other day. You must sign an acknowledgement of this upon check in. Also for repeat guests, reservation must be paid for 2 weeks prior to check-in. Again this did not affect our stay but wanted to pass the info along.

Only one negative for me personally was that we asked for an extended check out since our flight had changed to later in the day. I inquired at the desk to see if our room was being used after we checked out and it wasn't...they did extend us one hour from 11am to noon but was going to charge us for any additional time we wanted. I thought this was a bit unfair especially since we have been staying there for such a long time. Oh well.

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I would recommend staying at another resort. Traveling from Canada and visiting Myrtle Beach for the first time. I would say I am very disappointed with Bluewater Resort from August 4th to August 9th. I booked through booking buddies, when I arrived I was placed on the 15th floor. I entered the room and the children found a dead bug, the drawers were broken. I asked to be switched to a lower floor. I was provided with a room on the 9th floor. I do not recommend this villa for family. The towels were actually stained, the bed sheets were dirty. In looking for a plug to plug in my cord for my computer, I found one behind the night table but then I saw dirty freeze sticks. On my second day, again I went to plug my computer in the living room and I saw a piece of pop tart on the ground. I was very surprised and disgusted and wished I could check out. I am enjoying my vacation at myrtle beach but I dislike the stay at Bluewater Resort because I find the rooms dirty. I have never experienced anything like this and I am in shock. There was no face cloth provided. There was a bottle of shampoo left in the bathtub, it might have dropped in when the house keeper was cleaning the bathroom but being a guest, that's the last a person wants to see. The vents for the AC are filthy dirty with dust. If you have allergies I would not recommend you even consider this resort. The bathrooms, are small and need to be renovated. The walls in the bathroom are filthy dirty and stained, the light is dim in the bathroom. The blinds are dirty and broken. My 13 year old son had to help me to close the balcony door because it too was half broken. The safe was broken, so someone had to come and fix it. The furniture was not dust out. If you are expecting to enjoy your stay with your family and be comfortable in the nice resort I would recommend not staying here. I am surprised and have never enjoyed such condition of a resort in prior years. I am very disappointed and would not recommend this resort for anyone to stay. They need to have hotel inspectors, that check the conditions of the rooms in villas such as these. Very disappointed. The villa has everything that a family would need with a kitchen, but finding food on the ground, the towel stain and all the other things mentioned above really brings the condition of the room to terrible. Proper housekeeping and renovations to the bathrooms need to be done ASAP.

Rock Hill, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I was very apprehensive about staying here due to the many bad reviews but ended up pleasently surprised. The new management has obviously updated the property. If you are looking for a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit ask for 904 oceantfront. The units are individually owned and the owner of 904 has created a very nice home away from home. The decor is Mediterranian throughout with very nice leather sectional in the oceanfront living area. The dining area has leather and wood wrap around style dining booth that would accommodate 8. The kitchen and baths feature marble countertops and ceramic tile. We loved having both Kuereg and 12 cup coffee makers. The double oceanfront balcony was absolutely wonderful! It was furnished with glass dining table and 6 chairs. There was also a chaise lounge that I was tempted to sleep on. The sunrises from the ninth floor were spectacular! The oceanfront bedroom had 2 queen beds, sliding glass doors to the balcony, it's own bathroom and large screen TV with DVD player. The bck bedroom had a king bed and large screen TV. The bathroom was right across the hall. All beds had thick, fluffy white hotel style duvets and were extremely comfortable. The best surprise was discovering the small laundry closet equipped with washer, dryer and room to store coolers, beach chairs, etc. We found the staff to be frindly and helpful. The worst thing I would have to report was that the cleaning of the unit could have been a little better, dirt caked in the corners, but overall clean enough. The indoor pool was very cloudy but the other pools and hot tubs were great. We would stay again and would definately ask for 904!

Room Tip: Ask for room 904 oceanfront
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Florence, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in 1301. Though dated it's spacious enough.

The staff was friendly. The enclosed secure parking garage is a plus, but is across the street.

The outdoor space is perfect. Bar, karaoke, several pools, a couple of hot tubs all within a few steps of the beach.

I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Bluewater Resort? Share your experiences!