I would recommend staying at another resort. Traveling from Canada and visiting Myrtle Beach for the first time. I would say I am very disappointed with Bluewater Resort from August 4th to August 9th. I booked through booking buddies, when I arrived I was placed on the 15th floor. I entered the room and the children found a dead bug, the drawers were broken. I asked to be switched to a lower floor. I was provided with a room on the 9th floor. I do not recommend this villa for family. The towels were actually stained, the bed sheets were dirty. In looking for a plug to plug in my cord for my computer, I found one behind the night table but then I saw dirty freeze sticks. On my second day, again I went to plug my computer in the living room and I saw a piece of pop tart on the ground. I was very surprised and disgusted and wished I could check out. I am enjoying my vacation at myrtle beach but I dislike the stay at Bluewater Resort because I find the rooms dirty. I have never experienced anything like this and I am in shock. There was no face cloth provided. There was a bottle of shampoo left in the bathtub, it might have dropped in when the house keeper was cleaning the bathroom but being a guest, that's the last a person wants to see. The vents for the AC are filthy dirty with dust. If you have allergies I would not recommend you even consider this resort. The bathrooms, are small and need to be renovated. The walls in the bathroom are filthy dirty and stained, the light is dim in the bathroom. The blinds are dirty and broken. My 13 year old son had to help me to close the balcony door because it too was half broken. The safe was broken, so someone had to come and fix it. The furniture was not dust out. If you are expecting to enjoy your stay with your family and be comfortable in the nice resort I would recommend not staying here. I am surprised and have never enjoyed such condition of a resort in prior years. I am very disappointed and would not recommend this resort for anyone to stay. They need to have hotel inspectors, that check the conditions of the rooms in villas such as these. Very disappointed. The villa has everything that a family would need with a kitchen, but finding food on the ground, the towel stain and all the other things mentioned above really brings the condition of the room to terrible. Proper housekeeping and renovations to the bathrooms need to be done ASAP.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bluewater Resort is located in the heart of the South Strand section of Myrtle Beach. Our property is comprised of 3 buildings; our main oceanfront building with 15 floors, and two buildings (referred to as villas) directly across the street with 4 floors each. Guests have full access to amenitites in either building, including 4 outdoor pools, 1 indoor/outdoor pool and 5 jacuzzis. All rooms at the Bluewater Resort feature kitchens and private balconies. Choose from studios, 1 or 2 bedroom condos, and enjoy our full service restaurant, and popular beach bar in season. Don't forget to try one of our famous "Bluewater Bruisers", our refreshing signature cocktail! In close proximity to the airport, fine dining, shopping, and movies at Market Commons, the family friendly Bluewater Resort will quickly become your preferred home-away-from-home for years to come! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Bluewater Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluewater Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Bluewater Myrtle Beach
- Blue Water Resort Myrtle Beach