“Consider another place to stay” 1 of 5 stars

Bluewater Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2001 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #133 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Toronto, Canada
“Consider another place to stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I would recommend staying at another resort. Traveling from Canada and visiting Myrtle Beach for the first time. I would say I am very disappointed with Bluewater Resort from August 4th to August 9th. I booked through booking buddies, when I arrived I was placed on the 15th floor. I entered the room and the children found a dead bug, the drawers were broken. I asked to be switched to a lower floor. I was provided with a room on the 9th floor. I do not recommend this villa for family. The towels were actually stained, the bed sheets were dirty. In looking for a plug to plug in my cord for my computer, I found one behind the night table but then I saw dirty freeze sticks. On my second day, again I went to plug my computer in the living room and I saw a piece of pop tart on the ground. I was very surprised and disgusted and wished I could check out. I am enjoying my vacation at myrtle beach but I dislike the stay at Bluewater Resort because I find the rooms dirty. I have never experienced anything like this and I am in shock. There was no face cloth provided. There was a bottle of shampoo left in the bathtub, it might have dropped in when the house keeper was cleaning the bathroom but being a guest, that's the last a person wants to see. The vents for the AC are filthy dirty with dust. If you have allergies I would not recommend you even consider this resort. The bathrooms, are small and need to be renovated. The walls in the bathroom are filthy dirty and stained, the light is dim in the bathroom. The blinds are dirty and broken. My 13 year old son had to help me to close the balcony door because it too was half broken. The safe was broken, so someone had to come and fix it. The furniture was not dust out. If you are expecting to enjoy your stay with your family and be comfortable in the nice resort I would recommend not staying here. I am surprised and have never enjoyed such condition of a resort in prior years. I am very disappointed and would not recommend this resort for anyone to stay. They need to have hotel inspectors, that check the conditions of the rooms in villas such as these. Very disappointed. The villa has everything that a family would need with a kitchen, but finding food on the ground, the towel stain and all the other things mentioned above really brings the condition of the room to terrible. Proper housekeeping and renovations to the bathrooms need to be done ASAP.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Rock Hill, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I was very apprehensive about staying here due to the many bad reviews but ended up pleasently surprised. The new management has obviously updated the property. If you are looking for a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit ask for 904 oceantfront. The units are individually owned and the owner of 904 has created a very nice home away from home. The decor is Mediterranian throughout with very nice leather sectional in the oceanfront living area. The dining area has leather and wood wrap around style dining booth that would accommodate 8. The kitchen and baths feature marble countertops and ceramic tile. We loved having both Kuereg and 12 cup coffee makers. The double oceanfront balcony was absolutely wonderful! It was furnished with glass dining table and 6 chairs. There was also a chaise lounge that I was tempted to sleep on. The sunrises from the ninth floor were spectacular! The oceanfront bedroom had 2 queen beds, sliding glass doors to the balcony, it's own bathroom and large screen TV with DVD player. The bck bedroom had a king bed and large screen TV. The bathroom was right across the hall. All beds had thick, fluffy white hotel style duvets and were extremely comfortable. The best surprise was discovering the small laundry closet equipped with washer, dryer and room to store coolers, beach chairs, etc. We found the staff to be frindly and helpful. The worst thing I would have to report was that the cleaning of the unit could have been a little better, dirt caked in the corners, but overall clean enough. The indoor pool was very cloudy but the other pools and hot tubs were great. We would stay again and would definately ask for 904!

Room Tip: Ask for room 904 oceanfront
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Florence, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in 1301. Though dated it's spacious enough.

The staff was friendly. The enclosed secure parking garage is a plus, but is across the street.

The outdoor space is perfect. Bar, karaoke, several pools, a couple of hot tubs all within a few steps of the beach.

I'd stay here again.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I recently stayed at this resort and was very pleased. They've completed some renovations to the pools which made them very nice. Our room was in the villa II building and was clean and nicely decorated. We rented from owners (not through the resort). The owners were pleasant to deal with and accommodated all of our needs. Our stay was a great value and we would return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Currently staying in hotel booked through Bluegreen. This is a 5/4 stay but if it wasn't already payed for I would of left already. First day I go to put clothes away inside the closet I found black mold as the same inside the air condition unit. The second problem was later in the night. The room is made to sleep 4-6 people but only had three towels and on the 3rd night we have resorted to using our beach towels. Maid service did come by earlier in the day but did nothing but spread the comforter on the bed, no sheet change (had sand in sheets), no bathroom cleaning or replacing towels, comforters had stains when we arrived, and no vacuuming. Additional problem is parking. Having kids walking across 2 roads every time with kids to the parking garage is frustrating. Additionally, no Internet access which most of the $70 /night hotels around resort have.
A couple pluses are location, right on the beach and depending on room you will have a good street view or a great ocean view. There are a few places to eat within walking distance (within .5 miles) along with a bar and restruant inside hotel. Resort also has multiple pools of different depths.
In closing this is a mix between a hotel and a lower tier resort, choose wisely when looking at price and availability.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

After reading all the bad reviews I was nervous about this trip, I expected the worse! But not so bad it was good for me and my 5 other friends. I got the 2 room effiency villa it was bigger then I thought! A lot of complaining I heard but it was because some people did not book directly through the hotel. The location was right on the beach/ or across the street but far away from food restaurants, so have some good walking shoes or drive. Hope this helps

Robbinsville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Let me start out my saying that we rented our condo from an owner and not the resort itself. It was 2 bed 2 bath. We arrived on Saturday June 29 and right away we were finding things that were wrong with our room. The floors were terrible!! There was sand everywhere even IN the beds! We could tell that the floors had NOT been cleaned in a long time. Within minutes of walking around on the floors barefoot our feet were completely BLACK! Second the shower was filthy with sand all in the bottom and only towels for one day. Luckily since we had 2 bathrooms we had enough towels for everyone and we had a washing machine to wash them EVERYDAY. We had to ask for toilet paper everyday. So that was an indication that maids did not come to our room for anything. The pools were ok but the lazy river and 1 other pool was closed for construction while we were there. Which it's crazy that they would remodel pools during the busiest time of the year. Our room was not well furnished with things for the kitchen. 1 pot and 1 pan and a blender that's all. There was dried food in one of the drawers. We called the owner to ask him to tell the maid to come clean and he said that she would charge us $80 to clean it! I DON'T THINK SO!!! Next the security guards are VERY RUDE! Me being 19 I took some of the younger kids with me to the pool and we did not know that we had to wear wrist bracelets, so the security guard asked where our bracelets were and i told him I wasn't aware that we were to wear bracelets at the pool. He gave me a very mean hateful smirk and yelled at me to "GET OUT AND GET THEM NOW". So we left. Then another security guard got after me and the other kids i was watching another day because we didn't have the right color bracelets on. We were not aware that they change the color of bracelets you are supposed to wear every Sunday. So us arriving on Saturday we had a different color and we wore them until Tuesday when the security guard made us get out of the pool and go to the office with him. He was very rude and telling us that "we were illegal" and "why did he had to do everything for us" and me being the nice young man that I am, told him that we didn't know and that he didn't have to be so rude. Then on the day we were leaving we had to talk loudly down to our people at the bottom of the resort over the balcony. One of the guards came over to his balcony 3 floors down looked up at us and told us to "KEEP IT DOWN AND QUIT SCREAMING"! Very unprofessional if you ask me!! I would not recommend this resort to anyone. Please consider another resort this one will just ruin your vacation!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Bluewater Resort? Share your experiences!