“New Management, Great Value!” 3 of 5 stars

Bluewater Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2001 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #142 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Florence, Kentucky
“New Management, Great Value!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in 1301. Though dated it's spacious enough.

The staff was friendly. The enclosed secure parking garage is a plus, but is across the street.

The outdoor space is perfect. Bar, karaoke, several pools, a couple of hot tubs all within a few steps of the beach.

I'd stay here again.

233 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I recently stayed at this resort and was very pleased. They've completed some renovations to the pools which made them very nice. Our room was in the villa II building and was clean and nicely decorated. We rented from owners (not through the resort). The owners were pleasant to deal with and accommodated all of our needs. Our stay was a great value and we would return.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Currently staying in hotel booked through Bluegreen. This is a 5/4 stay but if it wasn't already payed for I would of left already. First day I go to put clothes away inside the closet I found black mold as the same inside the air condition unit. The second problem was later in the night. The room is made to sleep 4-6 people but only had three towels and on the 3rd night we have resorted to using our beach towels. Maid service did come by earlier in the day but did nothing but spread the comforter on the bed, no sheet change (had sand in sheets), no bathroom cleaning or replacing towels, comforters had stains when we arrived, and no vacuuming. Additional problem is parking. Having kids walking across 2 roads every time with kids to the parking garage is frustrating. Additionally, no Internet access which most of the $70 /night hotels around resort have.
A couple pluses are location, right on the beach and depending on room you will have a good street view or a great ocean view. There are a few places to eat within walking distance (within .5 miles) along with a bar and restruant inside hotel. Resort also has multiple pools of different depths.
In closing this is a mix between a hotel and a lower tier resort, choose wisely when looking at price and availability.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

After reading all the bad reviews I was nervous about this trip, I expected the worse! But not so bad it was good for me and my 5 other friends. I got the 2 room effiency villa it was bigger then I thought! A lot of complaining I heard but it was because some people did not book directly through the hotel. The location was right on the beach/ or across the street but far away from food restaurants, so have some good walking shoes or drive. Hope this helps

Robbinsville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Let me start out my saying that we rented our condo from an owner and not the resort itself. It was 2 bed 2 bath. We arrived on Saturday June 29 and right away we were finding things that were wrong with our room. The floors were terrible!! There was sand everywhere even IN the beds! We could tell that the floors had NOT been cleaned in a long time. Within minutes of walking around on the floors barefoot our feet were completely BLACK! Second the shower was filthy with sand all in the bottom and only towels for one day. Luckily since we had 2 bathrooms we had enough towels for everyone and we had a washing machine to wash them EVERYDAY. We had to ask for toilet paper everyday. So that was an indication that maids did not come to our room for anything. The pools were ok but the lazy river and 1 other pool was closed for construction while we were there. Which it's crazy that they would remodel pools during the busiest time of the year. Our room was not well furnished with things for the kitchen. 1 pot and 1 pan and a blender that's all. There was dried food in one of the drawers. We called the owner to ask him to tell the maid to come clean and he said that she would charge us $80 to clean it! I DON'T THINK SO!!! Next the security guards are VERY RUDE! Me being 19 I took some of the younger kids with me to the pool and we did not know that we had to wear wrist bracelets, so the security guard asked where our bracelets were and i told him I wasn't aware that we were to wear bracelets at the pool. He gave me a very mean hateful smirk and yelled at me to "GET OUT AND GET THEM NOW". So we left. Then another security guard got after me and the other kids i was watching another day because we didn't have the right color bracelets on. We were not aware that they change the color of bracelets you are supposed to wear every Sunday. So us arriving on Saturday we had a different color and we wore them until Tuesday when the security guard made us get out of the pool and go to the office with him. He was very rude and telling us that "we were illegal" and "why did he had to do everything for us" and me being the nice young man that I am, told him that we didn't know and that he didn't have to be so rude. Then on the day we were leaving we had to talk loudly down to our people at the bottom of the resort over the balcony. One of the guards came over to his balcony 3 floors down looked up at us and told us to "KEEP IT DOWN AND QUIT SCREAMING"! Very unprofessional if you ask me!! I would not recommend this resort to anyone. Please consider another resort this one will just ruin your vacation!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Pikeville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My first trip to myrtle beach, this is an ok hotel, very upscale in theory, but there were a few flaws. nothing that would really keep me from returning. but enough that i felt like sharing with others to give fair warning. First, price, for what I paid, I feel I didnt get my money's worth, the rooms are very nicely decorated and balcony has a table and chairs, however, the chairs were like very high metal bar stools and not lounge chairs, i couldnt even climb up in them.
They are very very stingy with toilet paper, in 4 days we had to go down stairs three times and request toilet paper, they dont really CLEAN the rooms...they came only one time in four days and only made the beds, they didnt clean the toilet or the tub and left nothing but some coffee and sugar., but they never changed the sheets in the 4 day stay.
And they are also very stingy with towels.
Not only did I have to request towels 2 times, but, they actually acted as if i was requesting some to take home with me and said i would be required to turn in the ones that were already in the room, i had to explain that i took my own money and washed these towels and washclothes because, by the second day, we didnt have any clean ones...when they came to tidy the room, they left no clean towels and took the dirty ones, leaving me with none.
The good---decent views, lots of pools, 3 pools, indoor and out and 3 hot tubs,however, you have to wear a wrist bracelet to have access to them and they turn everything off at 11pm, this is a resort, by the beach, they should stay open a little later and they should also put a time limit on how long anyone can use the hot tubs, as i waited 20 minutes one night and the people never got out, then the guard came and told ME it was time to go, saying nothing to the two drunk men and one drunk woman in the hot tub....they do have a nice little breakfast buffet, pancakes and french toast, gravy and biscuits and many choices of meat and muffins, and fruit and yogurt .... not included in hotel cost though. You do get ONE free buffet, one time only, but for only ONE member of your party.
They do have friendly staff at Kahunas which is a restaurant inside the hotel, but the front desk staff have alot to learn about being friendly. And they advertise half price drinks from 3 to 7pm, however, you cannot order drinks at the inside... you have to go outside to a pool bar called flip flops, go elsewhere.... the bartender is the rudest and most inconsiderate man i have ever met and he smarted off to me and a few others, and besides the drinks are watered down fruit juice with very little alcohol.
The change machine in the laundry room tore up, a hotel guest was told by front desk staff t go to the bar for change and the bartender told the man he would just have to wait a "hot second"....rude!!! and you have to have a wrist band and a card to get into or out of the pool or gym area. the guard seemed very adamant about this, with me and my family, however, a few young scantily clad women were never once told to go put on theirs, or even asked if they were guests at the hotel.
The bad, the beds!!! We had two "queen" beds and a sofa bed, the mattresses on all were paper thin, the beds were full of sand and the pull out sofa was covered with an old dirty foam covering.
The beds were so flimsy they squeaked and felt like they would fall if you rolled over. The safe tore up and wouldnt open with our valuables inside and a handy man had to come and fix it.
One good thing, the kitchen is well stocked, dish washer, pots and pans, utensils and plates.
Very good if you plan to cook and the tvs both worked well,
most other guests i encountered in the hotel was friendly.
not alot of loud younger crowd here.
a young man and woman did get taken to jail in the parking lot during our stay.
if i return to mytlbeach, i will probably stay elsewhere, closer to parks and sites, there really isnt any attractions within walking of this hotel and the piers are very far away. and the parking is across the street and the few little stores that are nearby are very very overpriced,
i would recommend it, with caution, bring your own tp and towels and quarters for the laundry and house shoes or socks and a dust buster to get the sand out of your bed.

Room Tip: bring your own toilet paper and extra towels and flip flops or houseshoes of extra socks, because th...
canton, ga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I am actually still at the condo as we speak..... There are several reasons why you should not stay at this condo ESPECIALLY if you have a family. We are currently spending our Fourth of July here, and have had nothing but problems!

1st of all, the condo was very unfurnished. Obviously, I cannot comment on the particular condo because it was owner rented. The resort was definitely not a 'relaxing', 'comfortable', 'clean', or safe place to stay by all means.

First of all, since this condo is a bit cheaper it attracts a lot of people who are trashy and low class (I am not high class by any means, but I am presentable and sensible.) After a walk on the beach around 8:30pm with my family of 3, my 5 year old daughter had to go to the bathroom. So we took the lobby bathroom.

When I got in the bathroom, there was a woman in the bathroom who was clearly on drugs, and drunk. She was in my face telling me all kinds of crazy things and talking to herself. I have never had to worry about this at a so-called 'resort'. Those are the kind of people who stay at this resort, don't stay here if you don't like those type of people. Security guards or not, I do not feel safe whatsoever.

If you are a non-smoker, this is not a place to stay. There is NO regulation when it comes to keeping this condo smoke free. There are people at the pool smoking and in the hall ways. That is definitely not what I want to smell the entire time while vacationing.

The only things security guards really seemed to care about was if you had a pool bracelet on or not.

The hot tub.... oh boy. My husband and I decided to get in the hot tub. There are 2 hot tubs at this resort. The first hot tub was so nasty that you could rub your finger across it and see a line. Disgusting! The other hot tub I could not get in because there was no regulation to how long people occupied the hot tub. I am not sure if the one outside was dirty or not.

On top of that, the so-called 'spa' was out of order the entire week of the fourth of July, and the 'awesome' lazy river is not really a lazy river it just a opening between the inside pool and the outside pool.

Also, the elevator was freaky. We rode the elevator, and it actually started rocking, and it felt like it fell down a floor. It completely scared us when riding the elevator, beware.

Lets include that the parking is on the opposite side of the road, actually 2 roads if you park in the parking garage. Very inconvenient when you are lugging children across a busy road.

The single and only thing I was ok with in this resort was the fact there was wifi. Please take this review, and know that you will regret renting this condo!!!

Thanks!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Bluewater Resort? Share your experiences!