My first trip to myrtle beach, this is an ok hotel, very upscale in theory, but there were a few flaws. nothing that would really keep me from returning. but enough that i felt like sharing with others to give fair warning. First, price, for what I paid, I feel I didnt get my money's worth, the rooms are very nicely decorated and balcony has a table and chairs, however, the chairs were like very high metal bar stools and not lounge chairs, i couldnt even climb up in them.
They are very very stingy with toilet paper, in 4 days we had to go down stairs three times and request toilet paper, they dont really CLEAN the rooms...they came only one time in four days and only made the beds, they didnt clean the toilet or the tub and left nothing but some coffee and sugar., but they never changed the sheets in the 4 day stay.
And they are also very stingy with towels.
Not only did I have to request towels 2 times, but, they actually acted as if i was requesting some to take home with me and said i would be required to turn in the ones that were already in the room, i had to explain that i took my own money and washed these towels and washclothes because, by the second day, we didnt have any clean ones...when they came to tidy the room, they left no clean towels and took the dirty ones, leaving me with none.
The good---decent views, lots of pools, 3 pools, indoor and out and 3 hot tubs,however, you have to wear a wrist bracelet to have access to them and they turn everything off at 11pm, this is a resort, by the beach, they should stay open a little later and they should also put a time limit on how long anyone can use the hot tubs, as i waited 20 minutes one night and the people never got out, then the guard came and told ME it was time to go, saying nothing to the two drunk men and one drunk woman in the hot tub....they do have a nice little breakfast buffet, pancakes and french toast, gravy and biscuits and many choices of meat and muffins, and fruit and yogurt .... not included in hotel cost though. You do get ONE free buffet, one time only, but for only ONE member of your party.
They do have friendly staff at Kahunas which is a restaurant inside the hotel, but the front desk staff have alot to learn about being friendly. And they advertise half price drinks from 3 to 7pm, however, you cannot order drinks at the inside... you have to go outside to a pool bar called flip flops, go elsewhere.... the bartender is the rudest and most inconsiderate man i have ever met and he smarted off to me and a few others, and besides the drinks are watered down fruit juice with very little alcohol.
The change machine in the laundry room tore up, a hotel guest was told by front desk staff t go to the bar for change and the bartender told the man he would just have to wait a "hot second"....rude!!! and you have to have a wrist band and a card to get into or out of the pool or gym area. the guard seemed very adamant about this, with me and my family, however, a few young scantily clad women were never once told to go put on theirs, or even asked if they were guests at the hotel.
The bad, the beds!!! We had two "queen" beds and a sofa bed, the mattresses on all were paper thin, the beds were full of sand and the pull out sofa was covered with an old dirty foam covering.
The beds were so flimsy they squeaked and felt like they would fall if you rolled over. The safe tore up and wouldnt open with our valuables inside and a handy man had to come and fix it.
One good thing, the kitchen is well stocked, dish washer, pots and pans, utensils and plates.
Very good if you plan to cook and the tvs both worked well,
most other guests i encountered in the hotel was friendly.
not alot of loud younger crowd here.
a young man and woman did get taken to jail in the parking lot during our stay.
if i return to mytlbeach, i will probably stay elsewhere, closer to parks and sites, there really isnt any attractions within walking of this hotel and the piers are very far away. and the parking is across the street and the few little stores that are nearby are very very overpriced,
i would recommend it, with caution, bring your own tp and towels and quarters for the laundry and house shoes or socks and a dust buster to get the sand out of your bed.
- Also Known As:
- Bluewater Hotel
- Bluewater Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Bluewater Myrtle Beach
- Blue Water Resort Myrtle Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bluewater Resort is located in the heart of the South Strand section of Myrtle Beach. Our property is comprised of 3 buildings; our main oceanfront building with 15 floors, and two buildings (referred to as villas) directly across the street with 4 floors each. Guests have full access to amenitites in either building, including 4 outdoor pools, 1 indoor/outdoor pool and 5 jacuzzis. All rooms at the Bluewater Resort feature kitchens and private balconies. Choose from studios, 1 or 2 bedroom condos, and enjoy our full service restaurant, and popular beach bar in season. Don't forget to try one of our famous "Bluewater Bruisers", our refreshing signature cocktail! In close proximity to the airport, fine dining, shopping, and movies at Market Commons, the family friendly Bluewater Resort will quickly become your preferred home-away-from-home for years to come! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Bluewater Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.