“Please do not stay in this condo!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Bluewater Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2001 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #138 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
canton, ga
“Please do not stay in this condo!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I am actually still at the condo as we speak..... There are several reasons why you should not stay at this condo ESPECIALLY if you have a family. We are currently spending our Fourth of July here, and have had nothing but problems!

1st of all, the condo was very unfurnished. Obviously, I cannot comment on the particular condo because it was owner rented. The resort was definitely not a 'relaxing', 'comfortable', 'clean', or safe place to stay by all means.

First of all, since this condo is a bit cheaper it attracts a lot of people who are trashy and low class (I am not high class by any means, but I am presentable and sensible.) After a walk on the beach around 8:30pm with my family of 3, my 5 year old daughter had to go to the bathroom. So we took the lobby bathroom.

When I got in the bathroom, there was a woman in the bathroom who was clearly on drugs, and drunk. She was in my face telling me all kinds of crazy things and talking to herself. I have never had to worry about this at a so-called 'resort'. Those are the kind of people who stay at this resort, don't stay here if you don't like those type of people. Security guards or not, I do not feel safe whatsoever.

If you are a non-smoker, this is not a place to stay. There is NO regulation when it comes to keeping this condo smoke free. There are people at the pool smoking and in the hall ways. That is definitely not what I want to smell the entire time while vacationing.

The only things security guards really seemed to care about was if you had a pool bracelet on or not.

The hot tub.... oh boy. My husband and I decided to get in the hot tub. There are 2 hot tubs at this resort. The first hot tub was so nasty that you could rub your finger across it and see a line. Disgusting! The other hot tub I could not get in because there was no regulation to how long people occupied the hot tub. I am not sure if the one outside was dirty or not.

On top of that, the so-called 'spa' was out of order the entire week of the fourth of July, and the 'awesome' lazy river is not really a lazy river it just a opening between the inside pool and the outside pool.

Also, the elevator was freaky. We rode the elevator, and it actually started rocking, and it felt like it fell down a floor. It completely scared us when riding the elevator, beware.

Lets include that the parking is on the opposite side of the road, actually 2 roads if you park in the parking garage. Very inconvenient when you are lugging children across a busy road.

The single and only thing I was ok with in this resort was the fact there was wifi. Please take this review, and know that you will regret renting this condo!!!

Thanks!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

239 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
wisconsin, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We started the vacation on Friday evening and the 1st room 418 had a mold issue which resulted in my daughter needing her inhaler and the door to the bathroom would not close. The front desk staff did find a different room (309) for us and sent someone to check it out before we entered the room. When we entered the second room the smell of carpet podwer was very strong. The guy who checked the room put carpet freshner into air unit (dirty) to eliminate order. The room was in Okay condition but has many issues. (Examples: door knobs loose, bathroom fan dirty and dropping dust, carpet tore, windows dirty). Hall was not vaccumed during week of our stay even though cleaning staff were around daily. The hotel was also under construction and as a result saws and jack hammers woke us up whole week and would stop by 7pm most evenings. We were not able to use the beach access which resulted in the use of the public access. Bar was never open as listed so could never take advantage of happy hour and front desk would just indicate they decided to close early. The resturant breakfast was listed a buffet which was not the case. The Front desk staff pleasant given their situation. Came to the hotel based on a recommendation from friend but will not be rated high due to all the inconviences and issues the property has shown. I am sure once the work outside is complete it will be much nicer on the outside of the building. We did love the ocean view and once on the beach it was very nice.

Buford, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My family of four rented this condo for a week and we were looking forward to a nice, quiet stay in a nice, quiet condo. The condo was nice enough, but old. The only thing "new" in this condo is the air conditioner. Everything else is far from new. I don't think the shower curtain in the master bathroom has been replaced in a year. When we arrived, I noticed the floor was not clean. There was dried food crumbs under the dining room table and candy wrappers under the coffee table. My wife called the owner to ask if she should ask the resort to clean the floor and he was extremely rude to her. Very disappointing. He did have the floor cleaned, which was appreciative, but I was appalled at how this owner talked to my wife. The resort in itself is terrible. The ad above mentions new pools and lazy river. The lazy river is currently closed, as is two of the pools. Our view of the ocean from the balcony was ruined daily by the constant noise of construction going on in the building. There are no smoking signs in the pool area, but people smoked there daily. On our first day, when we walked out of the resort to go to the beach with our 2 children, there was a used condom laying in our walking path. We immediately told the front desk and they didn't respond at all. No apology or assurance that they would clean it up. The resort was loud and noisy every single night from 10:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m.. It was like staying at a frat house. We were extremely disappointed in the resort and that we paid this much money for such poor amentities. The beach location and view from the balcony were the two best parts of our stay.

Greeneville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

When we checked in there was spots in the floor where the people before us spilled drinks or something so that told me that it hadn't been mopped after they checked out. My daughter had her shoes off and in a matter of minutes her feet were black from the floor. I don't think they ever mop the floors. We stayed 5 nights and I had call the front desk and ask for towels etc. every day except for 2. If theyre not going to clean the room they could at least ask if you need more towels because they only gave you enough for 1 day. The parking was horrible. They only had a few spots near the hotel and you had walk across the road and park and if that lot was full you had to go across again to the parking garage. This was my first and last time of staying here.

Room Tip: Do not stay here if you want a clean room.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 14 days, may 15-29, one week in villa II and one week in the main building. Both properties were through two owners. Neither one was notified that four of five pools were CLOSED. So lets close four pools to remodel or a month right before the two biggest weekends of the year???? :( myrtle beach doesn't have harsh winters so try could have started this in match to be completed. We checked in and the pool in front of our building was closed. The three pools alongside the main building were closed. They Only my one pool open:( no way on earth could the area hold max capacity people within 3 buildings!!!!!!!heres an idea also, they should have worked on the main building since that was biggest job and kept the other two open! The progress is slow. The deck is completely torn up on oceanfront. The resort IS UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT. Well your new management sucks!!!! When my fiancé checked in, the "rude skinny 22 yr old brown haired boy that thinks he owns this" yeah I'm talking to you, told him oh I'm sorry you check in until 4. Uh no no, hence the name owner!!!! Owners can do what they want!! My fiancé then said well i just call the owner then cuz he said it was fine since no one had been in the room for weeks! The boy said well okay then. Then the boy asked what the rate was the owner charged and of course my fiancé jut told him to play with his mind and told him $400. The boy the actually tried to deny the keys and said this is a 4 star resort and owners can't charge what they want ill have to check on that???? What, hence the name owner boy!!! Anyone checking in was Also NOT told about the pool closings from this boy!!!!!!im
Glad we had rooms from owners and never deal with maids. The building in lobbies in clean! But this boy needs to go. Also they need to keep desk open past 11. For a place this big with 3 buildings uh yeah keep it open. I mean thy already have 3 security after 11 til 7, so how hard would it be to have one at desk too??? The parking could be a problem in peak times cuz the garages is 1/2 block behind 2 buildings:( I did like that there were three access doors for entry. Main and two side. We constant used the first side door by street and that elevator took us up to the ocean view building. There are three elevators by lobby two for oceanfront building an one for the ocean view building. BUT ALL BUILDING Is connected. My last issue was the key access swipe card. Both cards in both buildins from owners got deactivated once we arrived:( the front desk boy gave us one and then it didn't work that night. It was a big deal since we needed to park in garage. Luckily I found the security guard to swipe hers. Then next day went to fix it then had to go to HOA office and the lady there told me that card was not activated to that room!!!!!!! She said I can monitor this card and the front desk definitely did not know what they were doing. Wow! So if someone picked it up and the rooms door had a swipe card they would have been able to break in:( but that's why it's Always great to have a room with actually keys from the owner!!!!!!these people??? No way I trust them!

• Stayed May 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel room #1009 (March 15-17) with a discounted rate. The views were awesome (ocean/street view) from both the living room and bedroom areas. Adequate cookware, dinnerware, etc. and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom needed updating and both TVs had one remote. The staff were very helpful and while still under removations had elevators that were fast and prompt. The pools and jazzuci were functioning. The restaurant was closed for the season however, there are many other restaurants in other hotels and in the immediate area where you could get buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. Please note that this room is accessible from an exterior corridor so if you book in the winter will be extremely cold.

Room Tip: Only worth it if you get a good rate. Would not pay anything over $69.00 for room #1009.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I'm sorry but this hotel is not one I would recommend. The service was terrible. We had a few scratches in our wall that we claimed beforehand, yet they still charged our room with $200 in damages. When we tried to get our money back, the staff began insulting our group with personal insults that had nothing to do with the situation. Along with that, one of the pools was shut down, the hottub wasn't clean, the staff didn't provide us with clean towels, and all in all it was a terrible experience. If you want to have fun on vacation in myrtle beach for a good price, this is the wrong choice.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Bluewater Resort? Share your experiences!