I am actually still at the condo as we speak..... There are several reasons why you should not stay at this condo ESPECIALLY if you have a family. We are currently spending our Fourth of July here, and have had nothing but problems!
1st of all, the condo was very unfurnished. Obviously, I cannot comment on the particular condo because it was owner rented. The resort was definitely not a 'relaxing', 'comfortable', 'clean', or safe place to stay by all means.
First of all, since this condo is a bit cheaper it attracts a lot of people who are trashy and low class (I am not high class by any means, but I am presentable and sensible.) After a walk on the beach around 8:30pm with my family of 3, my 5 year old daughter had to go to the bathroom. So we took the lobby bathroom.
When I got in the bathroom, there was a woman in the bathroom who was clearly on drugs, and drunk. She was in my face telling me all kinds of crazy things and talking to herself. I have never had to worry about this at a so-called 'resort'. Those are the kind of people who stay at this resort, don't stay here if you don't like those type of people. Security guards or not, I do not feel safe whatsoever.
If you are a non-smoker, this is not a place to stay. There is NO regulation when it comes to keeping this condo smoke free. There are people at the pool smoking and in the hall ways. That is definitely not what I want to smell the entire time while vacationing.
The only things security guards really seemed to care about was if you had a pool bracelet on or not.
The hot tub.... oh boy. My husband and I decided to get in the hot tub. There are 2 hot tubs at this resort. The first hot tub was so nasty that you could rub your finger across it and see a line. Disgusting! The other hot tub I could not get in because there was no regulation to how long people occupied the hot tub. I am not sure if the one outside was dirty or not.
On top of that, the so-called 'spa' was out of order the entire week of the fourth of July, and the 'awesome' lazy river is not really a lazy river it just a opening between the inside pool and the outside pool.
Also, the elevator was freaky. We rode the elevator, and it actually started rocking, and it felt like it fell down a floor. It completely scared us when riding the elevator, beware.
Lets include that the parking is on the opposite side of the road, actually 2 roads if you park in the parking garage. Very inconvenient when you are lugging children across a busy road.
The single and only thing I was ok with in this resort was the fact there was wifi. Please take this review, and know that you will regret renting this condo!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bluewater Resort is located in the heart of the South Strand section of Myrtle Beach. Our property is comprised of 3 buildings; our main oceanfront building with 15 floors, and two buildings (referred to as villas) directly across the street with 4 floors each. Guests have full access to amenitites in either building, including 4 outdoor pools, 1 indoor/outdoor pool and 5 jacuzzis. All rooms at the Bluewater Resort feature kitchens and private balconies. Choose from studios, 1 or 2 bedroom condos, and enjoy our full service restaurant, and popular beach bar in season. Don't forget to try one of our famous "Bluewater Bruisers", our refreshing signature cocktail! In close proximity to the airport, fine dining, shopping, and movies at Market Commons, the family friendly Bluewater Resort will quickly become your preferred home-away-from-home for years to come! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda, Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Booking.com so you can book your Bluewater Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluewater Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Bluewater Myrtle Beach
- Blue Water Resort Myrtle Beach