We started the vacation on Friday evening and the 1st room 418 had a mold issue which resulted in my daughter needing her inhaler and the door to the bathroom would not close. The front desk staff did find a different room (309) for us and sent someone to check it out before we entered the room. When we entered the second room the smell of carpet podwer was very strong. The guy who checked the room put carpet freshner into air unit (dirty) to eliminate order. The room was in Okay condition but has many issues. (Examples: door knobs loose, bathroom fan dirty and dropping dust, carpet tore, windows dirty). Hall was not vaccumed during week of our stay even though cleaning staff were around daily. The hotel was also under construction and as a result saws and jack hammers woke us up whole week and would stop by 7pm most evenings. We were not able to use the beach access which resulted in the use of the public access. Bar was never open as listed so could never take advantage of happy hour and front desk would just indicate they decided to close early. The resturant breakfast was listed a buffet which was not the case. The Front desk staff pleasant given their situation. Came to the hotel based on a recommendation from friend but will not be rated high due to all the inconviences and issues the property has shown. I am sure once the work outside is complete it will be much nicer on the outside of the building. We did love the ocean view and once on the beach it was very nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bluewater Resort is located in the heart of the South Strand section of Myrtle Beach. Our property is comprised of 3 buildings; our main oceanfront building with 15 floors, and two buildings (referred to as villas) directly across the street with 4 floors each. Guests have full access to amenitites in either building, including 4 outdoor pools, 1 indoor/outdoor pool and 5 jacuzzis. All rooms at the Bluewater Resort feature kitchens and private balconies. Choose from studios, 1 or 2 bedroom condos, and enjoy our full service restaurant, and popular beach bar in season. Don't forget to try one of our famous "Bluewater Bruisers", our refreshing signature cocktail! In close proximity to the airport, fine dining, shopping, and movies at Market Commons, the family friendly Bluewater Resort will quickly become your preferred home-away-from-home for years to come! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com and Odigeo so you can book your Bluewater Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluewater Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Bluewater Myrtle Beach
- Blue Water Resort Myrtle Beach