My family of four rented this condo for a week and we were looking forward to a nice, quiet stay in a nice, quiet condo. The condo was nice enough, but old. The only thing "new" in this condo is the air conditioner. Everything else is far from new. I don't think the shower curtain in the master bathroom has been replaced in a year. When we arrived, I noticed the floor was not clean. There was dried food crumbs under the dining room table and candy wrappers under the coffee table. My wife called the owner to ask if she should ask the resort to clean the floor and he was extremely rude to her. Very disappointing. He did have the floor cleaned, which was appreciative, but I was appalled at how this owner talked to my wife. The resort in itself is terrible. The ad above mentions new pools and lazy river. The lazy river is currently closed, as is two of the pools. Our view of the ocean from the balcony was ruined daily by the constant noise of construction going on in the building. There are no smoking signs in the pool area, but people smoked there daily. On our first day, when we walked out of the resort to go to the beach with our 2 children, there was a used condom laying in our walking path. We immediately told the front desk and they didn't respond at all. No apology or assurance that they would clean it up. The resort was loud and noisy every single night from 10:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m.. It was like staying at a frat house. We were extremely disappointed in the resort and that we paid this much money for such poor amentities. The beach location and view from the balcony were the two best parts of our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bluewater Resort is located in the heart of the South Strand section of Myrtle Beach. Our property is comprised of 3 buildings; our main oceanfront building with 15 floors, and two buildings (referred to as villas) directly across the street with 4 floors each. Guests have full access to amenitites in either building, including 4 outdoor pools, 1 indoor/outdoor pool and 5 jacuzzis. All rooms at the Bluewater Resort feature kitchens and private balconies. Choose from studios, 1 or 2 bedroom condos, and enjoy our full service restaurant, and popular beach bar in season. Don't forget to try one of our famous "Bluewater Bruisers", our refreshing signature cocktail! In close proximity to the airport, fine dining, shopping, and movies at Market Commons, the family friendly Bluewater Resort will quickly become your preferred home-away-from-home for years to come! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with AAA Travel Services, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Bluewater Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluewater Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Bluewater Myrtle Beach
- Blue Water Resort Myrtle Beach