“Affordable” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #159 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Affordable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel room #1009 (March 15-17) with a discounted rate. The views were awesome (ocean/street view) from both the living room and bedroom areas. Adequate cookware, dinnerware, etc. and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom needed updating and both TVs had one remote. The staff were very helpful and while still under removations had elevators that were fast and prompt. The pools and jazzuci were functioning. The restaurant was closed for the season however, there are many other restaurants in other hotels and in the immediate area where you could get buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. Please note that this room is accessible from an exterior corridor so if you book in the winter will be extremely cold.

Room Tip: Only worth it if you get a good rate. Would not pay anything over $69.00 for room #1009.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

224 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I'm sorry but this hotel is not one I would recommend. The service was terrible. We had a few scratches in our wall that we claimed beforehand, yet they still charged our room with $200 in damages. When we tried to get our money back, the staff began insulting our group with personal insults that had nothing to do with the situation. Along with that, one of the pools was shut down, the hottub wasn't clean, the staff didn't provide us with clean towels, and all in all it was a terrible experience. If you want to have fun on vacation in myrtle beach for a good price, this is the wrong choice.

• Stayed March 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Wonderful,kind staff! Very clean and kept secure for guests only. Stayed in 1004 and it is big and beautiful! Love the big balcony! 2 nce bedrooms and 2 bathrooms,full kitchen,dishwasher,food disposal,nice appliances.washer and dryer.TV's in all rooms.

Room Tip: Room 1004 is the only one I have stayed in, I hope the number is right.. get off the 10th floor elev...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
BluewaterResort1, Guest Relations Manager at Bluewater Resort, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Fontanagirl1,

Thank you for recommending Bluewater Resort to the Trip Advisor community. I love hearing that you felt both welcomed and secure throughout your stay. One of our favorite features of our 2 bedroom suites is the oversized balcony you mentioned....perfect for watching sunrises over the Atlantic Ocean! We sincerely appreciate your time and patronage and hope to welcome you back soon.

Happy Travels,
Surfside Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We booked this for labor day weekend 2012, the rates were very good. They have wonderful ammenities with a nice restaurant, gift shop, indoor, outdoor pools and jacuzzies. During the summer evenings they offer poolside karaoke which won't want to miss and a wonderful cabana with the best bartenders. The only down fall to this hotel is the parking, they definately need some work in that area. Everything else was wonderful. We would definately go back.

Room Tip: Our room had all an all tile floor which condensated pretty bad from the lower unit AC making the fl...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear OceanEER22,

Thank you for taking the time to let your fellow Trip Advisors know about your recent stay. I'm delighted to hear that your experience at Bluewater Resort was an enjoyable one. Great recommendation on our popular poolside karoke and our awesome bartenders blending up some cool and refreshing concoctions.

I wanted to let you know that we are actively working on improving our gated parking garage with new exterior paint and additional security cameras.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to see all our new enhancements...until then, happy travels!

carthage, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed at the Blue Water Rsort and was very pleased. Everyone was pleasant and polite. Going through a divorce, and getting married on New Year's Eve, was a little much for me.This year I did something different. I bought the New Year in at the beach. Everything I needed was there at the hotel. The resturant was closed, but King's highway, a block over, had almost any resturant you wanted to eat at. The staff was great. Love you guys. I will be back soon. Shirleen

Room Tip: I looked at 3 rooms. All were great.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
BluewaterResort1, Guest Relations Manager at Bluewater Resort, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Shirleen,

We are so glad that you decided to spend your New Year's here at Bluewater. I always find the beach to both calming and restorative and I'm happy you did too. Thank you for your positive comments on the staff...Lemetrius says she enjoyed talking with you.

We wish you a 2013 filled with happy memories and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My boyfriend and i stayed at room 1406 at Bluewater Resort. It was an excellent time ! The room was beautiful, very clean and tastefully decorated. It was very nice and cozy. The floor was very nice. I would definately go back to Bluewater again and stay in this room.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
BluewaterResort1, Guest Relations Manager at Bluewater Resort, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Nathan,

Thanks so much for letting the TA community know how much you enjoyed your recent stay! We love 1406 for all the reasons you described, not to mention the fireplace and excellent views. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Happy Travels,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Bluewater Resort and, Wow what a great place and great value. I took a weekend get away trip to MB area to get away and relax. I took a chance by driving down without a reservation hoping to find a good rate and a room that was clean. I drove to several resorts such as a very large we'll known resort two doors down from Bluewater. I went and viewed the room and was not impressed for the price they were charging. After driving around for almost two hours trying to find a good rate, I took a chance and stopped at Bluewater resort. Per tripadvisor there were some bad reviews about this place so I was pretty skeptical about checking this resort out to begin with. Boy, am I glad I did. Don't judge a book by its cover. I'm pretty picky when it comes to a clean room but it doesn't have to be fancy. I walked up to the front desk where one of the receptionist, Alesia I believe was her name and I was greeted with a smile and friendliness. I explained what I was looking for and she quoted me a price. I asked if I could view the room first before decideing. She said, sure no problem. I went and looked at the first room and noticed that on the way up, they were doing some renovating such as painting, etc. everything was fresh and clean. The first room I looked at was nice, clean however I was not impressed by the small 19" regular tv. I went back down and asked if there was a room at same price that may have larger tv such as flat screen. She gave me new room to view. And wow, I was taken away by the room and how clean, updated it was. Freshly painted, modern room that was very nicely decorated. The ocean view was awesome. I booked this room. Everything was great with my stay. All the staff was very friendly, nice including the security guards. I found nothing wrong with this resort. The outdoor pool out front was very nice and was heated. One of the security guards said it was 91 degrees walking by and felt great at an air temp of 60 degrees. At night it felt great also. Like bath water. Pool area was very clean and very nice. Hot tub was great however the indoor hot tub was out of order for repairs. I had a great time here and it was very relaxing. The only thing I have a concern about is the parking garage across the street. Needs updating and I would have to say that I felt a little uneasy over there at night. However they do have security cameras all over the entire resort and security officers would go over and check parking garage pretty often. I will definitely be back and I am so glad I stayed here. I found a new place to stay in MB. Thanks Bluewater staff for everything.

• Stayed October 2012
BluewaterResort1, Guest Relations Manager at Bluewater Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write a review and letting the TA community know how much you enjoyed your recent stay. Your comments reinforce the work we have been doing in all areas of the hotel to bring a more consistent Bluewater Resort to our valued guests. I am sorry you were unable to enjoy the indoor hot tub during your stay due to it's repair. I'm happy to report it is now up and running and ready to welcome you back on your next stay. Likewise, I have noted your comments on the parking garage and TV size and will work on that going forward.

Thank you again for your time and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Christa Phibbs

Been to Bluewater Resort? Share your experiences!