We stayed at the Blue Water the end of October, bringing our 2 children, their spouses and our 3 grandchildren in for the weekend. My husband and I were both very impressed with our room. It was very clean - and I am very particular when it comes to clean! Being in one of the angle rooms, our view compared to the view we had while in Vegas - out of this world! Not only did we have an awesome view of the ocean, the view of the city at night was breathtaking. Our only disappointment was that the indoor pool was being renovated at the time. That was how I had found the Blue Water in my search for a place to stay - so we would have something for the grandchildren to do. I decided to look elsewhere for a place for our children and grandchildren to stay. I went to the front desk to explain that I would not be using the other 2 rooms I had booked. I never asked for a refund. The staff member I spoke to called for the manager. Once the manager arrived he immediately started crediting my card for the 2 rooms we were not going to be using. This was a total shock to both of us. The kids were going to be arriving later that same day. I never expected to get a refund, much less one I never requested. We booked the kids rooms 2 doors down at the Reef. I paid much more for these rooms then what the ones at the Blue Water were costing and their rooms did not compare to what I had at the Blue Water - and the kicker, before booking the rooms I asked about their indoor pool as this was the ONLY reason I let the rooms at the Blue Water go. It was in perfect shape; at least it was until about an hour after I asked. At check in, we were told that the Reef too had experienced problems with their indoor pool. It was repaired but the water never did reach a temperature warm enough for the grandchildren to get in. So, we ended up spending about 50.00 more than we would have if we had kept the rooms at Blue Water, the rooms were much older and smaller than the ones at Blue Water and the kids never were able to swim. So, the moral of my story is this: No matter where you stay there's going to be something about the place you don't like. But face it, it's not home - and the fact is, you wanted to get away from home or you wouldn't be staying in a place that you're now so disgusted with. We, as well as our children, will definately stay at the Blue Water again and will recommend it highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bluewater Resort is located in the heart of the South Strand section of Myrtle Beach. Our property is comprised of 3 buildings; our main oceanfront building with 15 floors, and two buildings (referred to as villas) directly across the street with 4 floors each. Guests have full access to amenitites in either building, including 4 outdoor pools, 1 indoor/outdoor pool and 5 jacuzzis. All rooms at the Bluewater Resort feature kitchens and private balconies. Choose from studios, 1 or 2 bedroom condos, and enjoy our full service restaurant, and popular beach bar in season. Don't forget to try one of our famous "Bluewater Bruisers", our refreshing signature cocktail! In close proximity to the airport, fine dining, shopping, and movies at Market Commons, the family friendly Bluewater Resort will quickly become your preferred home-away-from-home for years to come! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Tingo, Booking.com, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Priceline so you can book your Bluewater Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluewater Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Bluewater Myrtle Beach
- Blue Water Resort Myrtle Beach