“A great place to bring in the New Year!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Bluewater Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2001 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #133 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
carthage, North Carolina
“A great place to bring in the New Year!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed at the Blue Water Rsort and was very pleased. Everyone was pleasant and polite. Going through a divorce, and getting married on New Year's Eve, was a little much for me.This year I did something different. I bought the New Year in at the beach. Everything I needed was there at the hotel. The resturant was closed, but King's highway, a block over, had almost any resturant you wanted to eat at. The staff was great. Love you guys. I will be back soon. Shirleen

Room Tip: I looked at 3 rooms. All were great.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
BluewaterResort1, Guest Relations Manager at Bluewater Resort, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Shirleen,

We are so glad that you decided to spend your New Year's here at Bluewater. I always find the beach to both calming and restorative and I'm happy you did too. Thank you for your positive comments on the staff...Lemetrius says she enjoyed talking with you.

We wish you a 2013 filled with happy memories and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Christa Phibbs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My boyfriend and i stayed at room 1406 at Bluewater Resort. It was an excellent time ! The room was beautiful, very clean and tastefully decorated. It was very nice and cozy. The floor was very nice. I would definately go back to Bluewater again and stay in this room.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
BluewaterResort1, Guest Relations Manager at Bluewater Resort, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Nathan,

Thanks so much for letting the TA community know how much you enjoyed your recent stay! We love 1406 for all the reasons you described, not to mention the fireplace and excellent views. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Happy Travels,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Bluewater Resort and, Wow what a great place and great value. I took a weekend get away trip to MB area to get away and relax. I took a chance by driving down without a reservation hoping to find a good rate and a room that was clean. I drove to several resorts such as a very large we'll known resort two doors down from Bluewater. I went and viewed the room and was not impressed for the price they were charging. After driving around for almost two hours trying to find a good rate, I took a chance and stopped at Bluewater resort. Per tripadvisor there were some bad reviews about this place so I was pretty skeptical about checking this resort out to begin with. Boy, am I glad I did. Don't judge a book by its cover. I'm pretty picky when it comes to a clean room but it doesn't have to be fancy. I walked up to the front desk where one of the receptionist, Alesia I believe was her name and I was greeted with a smile and friendliness. I explained what I was looking for and she quoted me a price. I asked if I could view the room first before decideing. She said, sure no problem. I went and looked at the first room and noticed that on the way up, they were doing some renovating such as painting, etc. everything was fresh and clean. The first room I looked at was nice, clean however I was not impressed by the small 19" regular tv. I went back down and asked if there was a room at same price that may have larger tv such as flat screen. She gave me new room to view. And wow, I was taken away by the room and how clean, updated it was. Freshly painted, modern room that was very nicely decorated. The ocean view was awesome. I booked this room. Everything was great with my stay. All the staff was very friendly, nice including the security guards. I found nothing wrong with this resort. The outdoor pool out front was very nice and was heated. One of the security guards said it was 91 degrees walking by and felt great at an air temp of 60 degrees. At night it felt great also. Like bath water. Pool area was very clean and very nice. Hot tub was great however the indoor hot tub was out of order for repairs. I had a great time here and it was very relaxing. The only thing I have a concern about is the parking garage across the street. Needs updating and I would have to say that I felt a little uneasy over there at night. However they do have security cameras all over the entire resort and security officers would go over and check parking garage pretty often. I will definitely be back and I am so glad I stayed here. I found a new place to stay in MB. Thanks Bluewater staff for everything.

• Stayed October 2012
BluewaterResort1, Guest Relations Manager at Bluewater Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write a review and letting the TA community know how much you enjoyed your recent stay. Your comments reinforce the work we have been doing in all areas of the hotel to bring a more consistent Bluewater Resort to our valued guests. I am sorry you were unable to enjoy the indoor hot tub during your stay due to it's repair. I'm happy to report it is now up and running and ready to welcome you back on your next stay. Likewise, I have noted your comments on the parking garage and TV size and will work on that going forward.

Thank you again for your time and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

First of all, I would like to say the reason my family chose this resort is because we've visited here a few times when I was little; yearsssssss ago! LOL So we thought, why not revisit this resort since the other hotels/resorts were booked in the area of MB we wanted to stay. Now on to the review!

Check In - 10/4 When our family arrived it was very late; close to midnight. We were tired from traveling and the kids were ready to get settled in. Alon, the front desk clerk was VERY nice. She checked us in with ease. Headed to our rooms on the 4th floor...

Condo - All three condos were terrible! The furniture was torn with foam hanging out of it. The floors had not been swept in what looked like months. The tubs were black, the beds looked like they have been there since the resort opened. The mattresses were dark brown, torn and worn out. We complained to Alon that night and she was kind enough to move us to the 9th floor.

Once again, the condo's were "ok", BUT it took me literally 2 hours to clean! It was dust from months, the floors were dirty and had hair all over it. The tubs; again, seemed like they had not been cleaned, the night stand and the dresser had red sticky stuff on them, the bathroom countertops and toilet seat has caulk all over it. The carpet was stained with black stuff in the room.

I complained to the front desk clerk the following morning around 8:30am and I believe her name was Shawanda... Well, she took my complaint and said she'll have the manager Lemetrius contact me after she returns from her meeting. Here it is Monday, October 8th and I have yet to receive a phone call from the manager. Trust me, I've called and left a message this morning. We'll see how long it takes this time.

Alon informed our family that the condos are individually owned and it's hard to say how they look on the inside. Our family will never EVER stay at this hotel again!!!! Poor "mgmnt" service and the condos were terrible! I've never stayed somewhere where I had to clean myself!

All I can say is STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK! Good luck!

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms BEFORE you completely check in.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Serenity0910,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. From your description, it certainly sounds like your vacation experience was not one of our best moments. I truly apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. I do believe that our management staff has since followed up with you, but if anything remains unresolved, please feel free to contact me personally. I am happy to hear about Alon's customer service, and will be sure to pass your praise along. I can assure you that ALL your comments have been heard and will be followed up on with the urgency and thoroughness they deserve. Thank you again for your time.

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have been coming to the area now for about 10 years. I admit I was a bit skeptible at first to stay at Bluewater, but boy am I glad I did. The resort is at a great location and the ammenities are amazing. Great ocean front bar, 11 bodies of water (several pools, indoor/outdoor, lazy river), arcade, guest laundry, and must I say GREAT staff!!!!!! I have stayed at several places over the years and by far the staff at Bluewater is the BEST I have come across! They are responsive, attentive, helpful, and most importantly sincere! I have never seen a staff who genuinlaly cares and is so committed to customer service.
Now back to the location aspect!!! Bluewater is minuets away form historic ocean blvd, great golf courses, broadway at the beach, family kingdom, and the great Market Common!!
Bluewater Resort is one of the best places I have visited and I will be sure to come back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jason S,

I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Reading your review has definately been a bright spot in my day. It sounds like you really catured the essence of our resort in your review and I am happy you were able to experience all our resort has to offer. I am particularly proud of your positive staff comments, and I wholeheartedly agree that they are genuine and sincere in their concern for our guests. Thank you again for you time and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

TROUTVILLE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Walking out of the elevator on the 7th floor should have been the first sign, there was NO ventilation (on a 95 degree day it was about 110 waiting for elevator) and it smelled like urine. When we got to the “suite” it was a disappointment from opening the door. There was sand all over the floor; a pillow was stuck behind the bed and filthy from grim and sand. The TV was missing every single button and still plugged in!!?? In the sitting room there was a couch and another TV but the remote only had one battery in it. My wife and I looked at each other and had the “should we leave look”? We booked the room through a travel site so there would be no refund. I pulled the sheets back and at least they were clean. My daughter got in the bathtub while I went to look at the view. The balcony was pointless since the heat from the AC was vented right in the middle of it. I hear Daddy come quick, the handle to turn the water off had fallen off into the tub! Luckily I “McGuivered” it back in place to turn the water off before it flooded everything. At 5am the smoke alarm went off for no reason, I held a pillow over top of the alarm called the front desk for some help. 15 minutes later no one still has showed up. (Good thing it wasn’t a real fire) I removed the smoke alarm myself and took out the battery, called the front desk back and told them this and they were like “oh okay, cool”. WTF? I didn’t feel safe there and the noise went on till 1 am or later nightly outside in the hotels own parking lot. What a dump! I didn’t expect the Hilton for a 100 bucks a night, but I didn’t expect it to be clean and in working order. The place really needs to be updated and tile on the floor isn’t a remodel…save the money, look some place else…and DON’T GET IN THE HOT TUB…yuck!

Room Tip: Dont even stop...keep going to the other 1000 hotels
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
BluewaterResort1, Guest Relations Manager at Bluewater Resort, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Tim C,

I am deeply disheartened after reading the review you recently posted, especially since it seems like there were opportunities to improve your stay. We never want guests to feel like they are without options. A primary goal of Bluewater Resort is to maximize your enjoyment while maximizing your dollar. As such, I wish you had let the front desk know about the negative issues in your room so that we may have had the opportunity to correct them, or move you to a room where you felt more comfortable. Please feel free to get in touch with me personally to discuss issues that you mentioned in closing, but did not elaborate on (such as hot tub). I have reveiwed our pool log from the weekend and saw no notable issues with any of our 5 pools or 4 jacuzzis. Also, if you could provide your room number so I can research specific details relating to your booking, I would appreciate it. I know hotels often do not get a second chance to make a first impression, but I sincerely hope you will allow us the chance to turn a negative into a positive.

Best Regards,
SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Bluewater Resort in Room 812 this past weekend. We were so impressed with the room which was beautiful and decorated so nice. The amentities were awesome with several pools and jacuzzis to choose from. We enjoyed Nassau Ned's and karaoke night with DJ Jessie on Friday and Saturday. All areas were clean and well maintained. We met several staff from security to maintenance to housekeeping manager. Everyone was nice and very helpful. We will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: We did not have the breakfast in the restaurant but we heard it was very good.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Buffy5199,

Thank you for taking the time to inform the TA community how much you enjoyed your recent stay at Bluewater. It sounds like you delighted in every aspect that our resort has to offer from the pool ammenities to the ever-popular karoke. I am happy that all your staff interactions were pleasant and memorable ones. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Christa Phibbs

Been to Bluewater Resort? Share your experiences!