“Stay at your own risk!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Bluewater Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2001 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #133 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Stay at your own risk!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

First of all, I would like to say the reason my family chose this resort is because we've visited here a few times when I was little; yearsssssss ago! LOL So we thought, why not revisit this resort since the other hotels/resorts were booked in the area of MB we wanted to stay. Now on to the review!

Check In - 10/4 When our family arrived it was very late; close to midnight. We were tired from traveling and the kids were ready to get settled in. Alon, the front desk clerk was VERY nice. She checked us in with ease. Headed to our rooms on the 4th floor...

Condo - All three condos were terrible! The furniture was torn with foam hanging out of it. The floors had not been swept in what looked like months. The tubs were black, the beds looked like they have been there since the resort opened. The mattresses were dark brown, torn and worn out. We complained to Alon that night and she was kind enough to move us to the 9th floor.

Once again, the condo's were "ok", BUT it took me literally 2 hours to clean! It was dust from months, the floors were dirty and had hair all over it. The tubs; again, seemed like they had not been cleaned, the night stand and the dresser had red sticky stuff on them, the bathroom countertops and toilet seat has caulk all over it. The carpet was stained with black stuff in the room.

I complained to the front desk clerk the following morning around 8:30am and I believe her name was Shawanda... Well, she took my complaint and said she'll have the manager Lemetrius contact me after she returns from her meeting. Here it is Monday, October 8th and I have yet to receive a phone call from the manager. Trust me, I've called and left a message this morning. We'll see how long it takes this time.

Alon informed our family that the condos are individually owned and it's hard to say how they look on the inside. Our family will never EVER stay at this hotel again!!!! Poor "mgmnt" service and the condos were terrible! I've never stayed somewhere where I had to clean myself!

All I can say is STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK! Good luck!

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms BEFORE you completely check in.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
BluewaterResort1, Guest Relations Manager at Bluewater Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Serenity0910,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. From your description, it certainly sounds like your vacation experience was not one of our best moments. I truly apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. I do believe that our management staff has since followed up with you, but if anything remains unresolved, please feel free to contact me personally. I am happy to hear about Alon's customer service, and will be sure to pass your praise along. I can assure you that ALL your comments have been heard and will be followed up on with the urgency and thoroughness they deserve. Thank you again for your time.

Christa Phibbs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have been coming to the area now for about 10 years. I admit I was a bit skeptible at first to stay at Bluewater, but boy am I glad I did. The resort is at a great location and the ammenities are amazing. Great ocean front bar, 11 bodies of water (several pools, indoor/outdoor, lazy river), arcade, guest laundry, and must I say GREAT staff!!!!!! I have stayed at several places over the years and by far the staff at Bluewater is the BEST I have come across! They are responsive, attentive, helpful, and most importantly sincere! I have never seen a staff who genuinlaly cares and is so committed to customer service.
Now back to the location aspect!!! Bluewater is minuets away form historic ocean blvd, great golf courses, broadway at the beach, family kingdom, and the great Market Common!!
Bluewater Resort is one of the best places I have visited and I will be sure to come back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jason S,

I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Reading your review has definately been a bright spot in my day. It sounds like you really catured the essence of our resort in your review and I am happy you were able to experience all our resort has to offer. I am particularly proud of your positive staff comments, and I wholeheartedly agree that they are genuine and sincere in their concern for our guests. Thank you again for you time and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

TROUTVILLE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Walking out of the elevator on the 7th floor should have been the first sign, there was NO ventilation (on a 95 degree day it was about 110 waiting for elevator) and it smelled like urine. When we got to the “suite” it was a disappointment from opening the door. There was sand all over the floor; a pillow was stuck behind the bed and filthy from grim and sand. The TV was missing every single button and still plugged in!!?? In the sitting room there was a couch and another TV but the remote only had one battery in it. My wife and I looked at each other and had the “should we leave look”? We booked the room through a travel site so there would be no refund. I pulled the sheets back and at least they were clean. My daughter got in the bathtub while I went to look at the view. The balcony was pointless since the heat from the AC was vented right in the middle of it. I hear Daddy come quick, the handle to turn the water off had fallen off into the tub! Luckily I “McGuivered” it back in place to turn the water off before it flooded everything. At 5am the smoke alarm went off for no reason, I held a pillow over top of the alarm called the front desk for some help. 15 minutes later no one still has showed up. (Good thing it wasn’t a real fire) I removed the smoke alarm myself and took out the battery, called the front desk back and told them this and they were like “oh okay, cool”. WTF? I didn’t feel safe there and the noise went on till 1 am or later nightly outside in the hotels own parking lot. What a dump! I didn’t expect the Hilton for a 100 bucks a night, but I didn’t expect it to be clean and in working order. The place really needs to be updated and tile on the floor isn’t a remodel…save the money, look some place else…and DON’T GET IN THE HOT TUB…yuck!

Room Tip: Dont even stop...keep going to the other 1000 hotels
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
BluewaterResort1, Guest Relations Manager at Bluewater Resort, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Tim C,

I am deeply disheartened after reading the review you recently posted, especially since it seems like there were opportunities to improve your stay. We never want guests to feel like they are without options. A primary goal of Bluewater Resort is to maximize your enjoyment while maximizing your dollar. As such, I wish you had let the front desk know about the negative issues in your room so that we may have had the opportunity to correct them, or move you to a room where you felt more comfortable. Please feel free to get in touch with me personally to discuss issues that you mentioned in closing, but did not elaborate on (such as hot tub). I have reveiwed our pool log from the weekend and saw no notable issues with any of our 5 pools or 4 jacuzzis. Also, if you could provide your room number so I can research specific details relating to your booking, I would appreciate it. I know hotels often do not get a second chance to make a first impression, but I sincerely hope you will allow us the chance to turn a negative into a positive.

Best Regards,
SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Bluewater Resort in Room 812 this past weekend. We were so impressed with the room which was beautiful and decorated so nice. The amentities were awesome with several pools and jacuzzis to choose from. We enjoyed Nassau Ned's and karaoke night with DJ Jessie on Friday and Saturday. All areas were clean and well maintained. We met several staff from security to maintenance to housekeeping manager. Everyone was nice and very helpful. We will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: We did not have the breakfast in the restaurant but we heard it was very good.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Buffy5199,

Thank you for taking the time to inform the TA community how much you enjoyed your recent stay at Bluewater. It sounds like you delighted in every aspect that our resort has to offer from the pool ammenities to the ever-popular karoke. I am happy that all your staff interactions were pleasant and memorable ones. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Beautifully renovated 2 bedroom apartment. Hardwood flooring, granite counters and very comfortable (and clean) furnishings! It is very clear that whoever owns this place takes pride in their piece of paradise. I would strongly recommend requesting this unit. I heard that the same owner also has 601 and 1406. Apparently, they are equally as nice!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dear MnKOntario,

I couldn't agree more with your "piece of paradise" description, The unit you described is one of our most popular and most requested....and it's easy to see why. We, too, love the modern appliances, granite countertops, and relaxing furnishings. We hope to see you again soon...your little piece of paradise will be waiting for you.

With gratitude,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My family and I stayed in room 601. This place was unbelievable and we loved it. It's new remodeled with all new appliance... stove, refrigerator, sink and a Ninja. The countertops are granite. This kitchen had everything in it I needed to cook with. I love being in the kitchen and it felt like home. All the rooms had flat screen tv's there was a Blue Ray DVD player in the living room. The furniture in the bedrooms was new and clean. The beds slept great.... very comfortable. There is a leather sleep sofa in the living room. The bathrooms are really nice also. I sent the owners an email thanking them for caring and having an awesome place. I received an email back from them letting me now they appreciate my email and glad I enjoyed my stay. I plan to request this room or 904 each time I visit.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Lilnita,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for the TA community. As you stated, the owners truly do care about their property, and this level of care is reflected in their thoughtful furnishings. I'm thrilled to hear that your family enjoyed this suite, and I truly hope you continue to make Bluewater Resort your home-away-from-home for years to come.

Best regards,
Huntersville, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We recently stayed at the resort august 8-10th. The resort was very clean! Pools and grounds were constantly being serviced. Great location. My room was 412 which was very clean, looked recently updated, kids enjoyed the large flat screens and blue ray along with arcade. I was a little nervous after reading past reviews but out experience was great and affordable. We will def. Be back:-)

Room Tip: Ask for recent upgrades
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Natalie H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for your fellow travelers. I am delighted to hear of your pleasant experience. Our housekeeping and landscaping teams will be equally pleased to hear the positive comments. They really do work hard to make sure all the details are right for you, our valued guest. We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Happy travels,
Christa Phibbs

Been to Bluewater Resort? Share your experiences!