“Dump” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #135 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
TROUTVILLE
“Dump”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Walking out of the elevator on the 7th floor should have been the first sign, there was NO ventilation (on a 95 degree day it was about 110 waiting for elevator) and it smelled like urine. When we got to the “suite” it was a disappointment from opening the door. There was sand all over the floor; a pillow was stuck behind the bed and filthy from grim and sand. The TV was missing every single button and still plugged in!!?? In the sitting room there was a couch and another TV but the remote only had one battery in it. My wife and I looked at each other and had the “should we leave look”? We booked the room through a travel site so there would be no refund. I pulled the sheets back and at least they were clean. My daughter got in the bathtub while I went to look at the view. The balcony was pointless since the heat from the AC was vented right in the middle of it. I hear Daddy come quick, the handle to turn the water off had fallen off into the tub! Luckily I “McGuivered” it back in place to turn the water off before it flooded everything. At 5am the smoke alarm went off for no reason, I held a pillow over top of the alarm called the front desk for some help. 15 minutes later no one still has showed up. (Good thing it wasn’t a real fire) I removed the smoke alarm myself and took out the battery, called the front desk back and told them this and they were like “oh okay, cool”. WTF? I didn’t feel safe there and the noise went on till 1 am or later nightly outside in the hotels own parking lot. What a dump! I didn’t expect the Hilton for a 100 bucks a night, but I didn’t expect it to be clean and in working order. The place really needs to be updated and tile on the floor isn’t a remodel…save the money, look some place else…and DON’T GET IN THE HOT TUB…yuck!

Room Tip: Dont even stop...keep going to the other 1000 hotels
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
BluewaterResort1, Guest Relations Manager at Bluewater Resort, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Tim C,

I am deeply disheartened after reading the review you recently posted, especially since it seems like there were opportunities to improve your stay. We never want guests to feel like they are without options. A primary goal of Bluewater Resort is to maximize your enjoyment while maximizing your dollar. As such, I wish you had let the front desk know about the negative issues in your room so that we may have had the opportunity to correct them, or move you to a room where you felt more comfortable. Please feel free to get in touch with me personally to discuss issues that you mentioned in closing, but did not elaborate on (such as hot tub). I have reveiwed our pool log from the weekend and saw no notable issues with any of our 5 pools or 4 jacuzzis. Also, if you could provide your room number so I can research specific details relating to your booking, I would appreciate it. I know hotels often do not get a second chance to make a first impression, but I sincerely hope you will allow us the chance to turn a negative into a positive.

Best Regards,

239 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Bluewater Resort in Room 812 this past weekend. We were so impressed with the room which was beautiful and decorated so nice. The amentities were awesome with several pools and jacuzzis to choose from. We enjoyed Nassau Ned's and karaoke night with DJ Jessie on Friday and Saturday. All areas were clean and well maintained. We met several staff from security to maintenance to housekeeping manager. Everyone was nice and very helpful. We will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: We did not have the breakfast in the restaurant but we heard it was very good.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
BluewaterResort1, Guest Relations Manager at Bluewater Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Buffy5199,

Thank you for taking the time to inform the TA community how much you enjoyed your recent stay at Bluewater. It sounds like you delighted in every aspect that our resort has to offer from the pool ammenities to the ever-popular karoke. I am happy that all your staff interactions were pleasant and memorable ones. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Beautifully renovated 2 bedroom apartment. Hardwood flooring, granite counters and very comfortable (and clean) furnishings! It is very clear that whoever owns this place takes pride in their piece of paradise. I would strongly recommend requesting this unit. I heard that the same owner also has 601 and 1406. Apparently, they are equally as nice!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dear MnKOntario,

I couldn't agree more with your "piece of paradise" description, The unit you described is one of our most popular and most requested....and it's easy to see why. We, too, love the modern appliances, granite countertops, and relaxing furnishings. We hope to see you again soon...your little piece of paradise will be waiting for you.

With gratitude,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My family and I stayed in room 601. This place was unbelievable and we loved it. It's new remodeled with all new appliance... stove, refrigerator, sink and a Ninja. The countertops are granite. This kitchen had everything in it I needed to cook with. I love being in the kitchen and it felt like home. All the rooms had flat screen tv's there was a Blue Ray DVD player in the living room. The furniture in the bedrooms was new and clean. The beds slept great.... very comfortable. There is a leather sleep sofa in the living room. The bathrooms are really nice also. I sent the owners an email thanking them for caring and having an awesome place. I received an email back from them letting me now they appreciate my email and glad I enjoyed my stay. I plan to request this room or 904 each time I visit.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Lilnita,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for the TA community. As you stated, the owners truly do care about their property, and this level of care is reflected in their thoughtful furnishings. I'm thrilled to hear that your family enjoyed this suite, and I truly hope you continue to make Bluewater Resort your home-away-from-home for years to come.

Best regards,
Huntersville, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We recently stayed at the resort august 8-10th. The resort was very clean! Pools and grounds were constantly being serviced. Great location. My room was 412 which was very clean, looked recently updated, kids enjoyed the large flat screens and blue ray along with arcade. I was a little nervous after reading past reviews but out experience was great and affordable. We will def. Be back:-)

Room Tip: Ask for recent upgrades
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Natalie H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for your fellow travelers. I am delighted to hear of your pleasant experience. Our housekeeping and landscaping teams will be equally pleased to hear the positive comments. They really do work hard to make sure all the details are right for you, our valued guest. We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Happy travels,
Luray, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I don't know what happened but two years ago we stayed here and I was not impressed, this time we loved it! Security was everywhere, people always cleaning and willing to help, it is very well taken care of now.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear MommyR2,

What a wonderful confirmation of all our team's hard work and dedication! We are so pleased that you made the choice to visit us again, and that we exceeded your expectations. We truly appreciate your patronage and your feedback.

Happy travels,
Proctorville NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We hosted a family reunion there weekend of August 3-5. I can say the room that I stayed in and my parents where very clean and nice. I stayed in 604 and my parents stayed in 415. There was one minor detail that need to be fixed the lamp shade seemed to be missing pieces of it. The hotel staff was very friendly and if I had concerns Christa took them down and tried to accommodate them. Seems that the resort is in the process of remodeling and some rooms look great where as others need improvement. The view of the oceanfront rooms is simply beautiful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Evelyn C,

Thank you again for allowing us the honor of hosting your family reunion. You are correct, we are in the process of upgrading some rooms to bring them up to a higher standard and give them a fresher look. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location, your view, and that we were able to quickly and competently resolve any issues you may have had. Thank you again for your time and feedback. We hope to see you and your family back for a 2013 reunion!

Been to Bluewater Resort? Share your experiences!