Walking out of the elevator on the 7th floor should have been the first sign, there was NO ventilation (on a 95 degree day it was about 110 waiting for elevator) and it smelled like urine. When we got to the “suite” it was a disappointment from opening the door. There was sand all over the floor; a pillow was stuck behind the bed and filthy from grim and sand. The TV was missing every single button and still plugged in!!?? In the sitting room there was a couch and another TV but the remote only had one battery in it. My wife and I looked at each other and had the “should we leave look”? We booked the room through a travel site so there would be no refund. I pulled the sheets back and at least they were clean. My daughter got in the bathtub while I went to look at the view. The balcony was pointless since the heat from the AC was vented right in the middle of it. I hear Daddy come quick, the handle to turn the water off had fallen off into the tub! Luckily I “McGuivered” it back in place to turn the water off before it flooded everything. At 5am the smoke alarm went off for no reason, I held a pillow over top of the alarm called the front desk for some help. 15 minutes later no one still has showed up. (Good thing it wasn’t a real fire) I removed the smoke alarm myself and took out the battery, called the front desk back and told them this and they were like “oh okay, cool”. WTF? I didn’t feel safe there and the noise went on till 1 am or later nightly outside in the hotels own parking lot. What a dump! I didn’t expect the Hilton for a 100 bucks a night, but I didn’t expect it to be clean and in working order. The place really needs to be updated and tile on the floor isn’t a remodel…save the money, look some place else…and DON’T GET IN THE HOT TUB…yuck!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bluewater Resort is located in the heart of the South Strand section of Myrtle Beach. Our property is comprised of 3 buildings; our main oceanfront building with 15 floors, and two buildings (referred to as villas) directly across the street with 4 floors each. Guests have full access to amenitites in either building, including 4 outdoor pools, 1 indoor/outdoor pool and 5 jacuzzis. All rooms at the Bluewater Resort feature kitchens and private balconies. Choose from studios, 1 or 2 bedroom condos, and enjoy our full service restaurant, and popular beach bar in season. Don't forget to try one of our famous "Bluewater Bruisers", our refreshing signature cocktail! In close proximity to the airport, fine dining, shopping, and movies at Market Commons, the family friendly Bluewater Resort will quickly become your preferred home-away-from-home for years to come! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Bluewater Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluewater Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Bluewater Myrtle Beach
- Blue Water Resort Myrtle Beach