“Awesome Room (Room 812)” 5 of 5 stars

Bluewater Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2001 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #136 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
SC
“Awesome Room (Room 812)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Bluewater Resort in Room 812 this past weekend. We were so impressed with the room which was beautiful and decorated so nice. The amentities were awesome with several pools and jacuzzis to choose from. We enjoyed Nassau Ned's and karaoke night with DJ Jessie on Friday and Saturday. All areas were clean and well maintained. We met several staff from security to maintenance to housekeeping manager. Everyone was nice and very helpful. We will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: We did not have the breakfast in the restaurant but we heard it was very good.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
BluewaterResort1, Guest Relations Manager at Bluewater Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Buffy5199,

Thank you for taking the time to inform the TA community how much you enjoyed your recent stay at Bluewater. It sounds like you delighted in every aspect that our resort has to offer from the pool ammenities to the ever-popular karoke. I am happy that all your staff interactions were pleasant and memorable ones. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back again soon.

242 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Beautifully renovated 2 bedroom apartment. Hardwood flooring, granite counters and very comfortable (and clean) furnishings! It is very clear that whoever owns this place takes pride in their piece of paradise. I would strongly recommend requesting this unit. I heard that the same owner also has 601 and 1406. Apparently, they are equally as nice!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dear MnKOntario,

I couldn't agree more with your "piece of paradise" description, The unit you described is one of our most popular and most requested....and it's easy to see why. We, too, love the modern appliances, granite countertops, and relaxing furnishings. We hope to see you again soon...your little piece of paradise will be waiting for you.

With gratitude,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My family and I stayed in room 601. This place was unbelievable and we loved it. It's new remodeled with all new appliance... stove, refrigerator, sink and a Ninja. The countertops are granite. This kitchen had everything in it I needed to cook with. I love being in the kitchen and it felt like home. All the rooms had flat screen tv's there was a Blue Ray DVD player in the living room. The furniture in the bedrooms was new and clean. The beds slept great.... very comfortable. There is a leather sleep sofa in the living room. The bathrooms are really nice also. I sent the owners an email thanking them for caring and having an awesome place. I received an email back from them letting me now they appreciate my email and glad I enjoyed my stay. I plan to request this room or 904 each time I visit.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Lilnita,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for the TA community. As you stated, the owners truly do care about their property, and this level of care is reflected in their thoughtful furnishings. I'm thrilled to hear that your family enjoyed this suite, and I truly hope you continue to make Bluewater Resort your home-away-from-home for years to come.

Best regards,
Huntersville, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We recently stayed at the resort august 8-10th. The resort was very clean! Pools and grounds were constantly being serviced. Great location. My room was 412 which was very clean, looked recently updated, kids enjoyed the large flat screens and blue ray along with arcade. I was a little nervous after reading past reviews but out experience was great and affordable. We will def. Be back:-)

Room Tip: Ask for recent upgrades
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Natalie H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for your fellow travelers. I am delighted to hear of your pleasant experience. Our housekeeping and landscaping teams will be equally pleased to hear the positive comments. They really do work hard to make sure all the details are right for you, our valued guest. We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Happy travels,
Luray, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I don't know what happened but two years ago we stayed here and I was not impressed, this time we loved it! Security was everywhere, people always cleaning and willing to help, it is very well taken care of now.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear MommyR2,

What a wonderful confirmation of all our team's hard work and dedication! We are so pleased that you made the choice to visit us again, and that we exceeded your expectations. We truly appreciate your patronage and your feedback.

Happy travels,
Proctorville NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We hosted a family reunion there weekend of August 3-5. I can say the room that I stayed in and my parents where very clean and nice. I stayed in 604 and my parents stayed in 415. There was one minor detail that need to be fixed the lamp shade seemed to be missing pieces of it. The hotel staff was very friendly and if I had concerns Christa took them down and tried to accommodate them. Seems that the resort is in the process of remodeling and some rooms look great where as others need improvement. The view of the oceanfront rooms is simply beautiful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Evelyn C,

Thank you again for allowing us the honor of hosting your family reunion. You are correct, we are in the process of upgrading some rooms to bring them up to a higher standard and give them a fresher look. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location, your view, and that we were able to quickly and competently resolve any issues you may have had. Thank you again for your time and feedback. We hope to see you and your family back for a 2013 reunion!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

We recently had our reunion here. (August 3-5). I was given room 210. Disgusting and wreaked of urine. On the spot, Christa, the manager, offered to have the carpet cleaned. Ummm...right now??? I need a room! The entire room was filthy with dirt on the walls and hair everywhere. We were moved to room 207. It was just as bad, but we needed a room so that we could start the reunion events. I could not believe the dirt on the walls and floors. We were scared to bring all of our luggage inside. I've NEVER see a hotel this nasty in my life. The next day a housekeeper came by who looked 12! She asked if she could clean anything. Poor child! I didn't know what to say, so I asked her to empty the trash. That shower hadn't been deeply cleaned...ever! The matresses are filthy and had holes in them. The doors and walls...the dresser had grape jelly on it! I had to wipe it off when I entered! They don't clean here! I can't believe I spent 2 nights here. Thank God for shower shoes! I was sure not to touch anything. Sleeping was difficult because I was sure bugs were present. Needless to say, I would not recommend this place to my worse enemy. It needs to be shut down today! The "new" management claimed she was fixing things by giving me a new room, but I'm just wondering if she inspects these rooms. She can't think this place is acceptable! I will be spreading the word - do NOT stay here. Stay in your car first. #gross

• Stayed August 2012
I am so very disheartened to hear of your recent stay. I'm committed to providing the training and support to enable our team to grow, succeed, and provide a consistently positive experience for our future guests. To that effort, your feedback will be a valuable tool, and I greatly appreciate your time.

Best regards

Been to Bluewater Resort? Share your experiences!