“pleasantly surprised!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #136 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Huntersville, North Carolina, United States
“pleasantly surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We recently stayed at the resort august 8-10th. The resort was very clean! Pools and grounds were constantly being serviced. Great location. My room was 412 which was very clean, looked recently updated, kids enjoyed the large flat screens and blue ray along with arcade. I was a little nervous after reading past reviews but out experience was great and affordable. We will def. Be back:-)

Room Tip: Ask for recent upgrades
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BluewaterResort1, Guest Relations Manager at Bluewater Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Natalie H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for your fellow travelers. I am delighted to hear of your pleasant experience. Our housekeeping and landscaping teams will be equally pleased to hear the positive comments. They really do work hard to make sure all the details are right for you, our valued guest. We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Happy travels,

242 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Luray, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I don't know what happened but two years ago we stayed here and I was not impressed, this time we loved it! Security was everywhere, people always cleaning and willing to help, it is very well taken care of now.

Dear MommyR2,

What a wonderful confirmation of all our team's hard work and dedication! We are so pleased that you made the choice to visit us again, and that we exceeded your expectations. We truly appreciate your patronage and your feedback.

Happy travels,
Proctorville NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We hosted a family reunion there weekend of August 3-5. I can say the room that I stayed in and my parents where very clean and nice. I stayed in 604 and my parents stayed in 415. There was one minor detail that need to be fixed the lamp shade seemed to be missing pieces of it. The hotel staff was very friendly and if I had concerns Christa took them down and tried to accommodate them. Seems that the resort is in the process of remodeling and some rooms look great where as others need improvement. The view of the oceanfront rooms is simply beautiful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Evelyn C,

Thank you again for allowing us the honor of hosting your family reunion. You are correct, we are in the process of upgrading some rooms to bring them up to a higher standard and give them a fresher look. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location, your view, and that we were able to quickly and competently resolve any issues you may have had. Thank you again for your time and feedback. We hope to see you and your family back for a 2013 reunion!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

We recently had our reunion here. (August 3-5). I was given room 210. Disgusting and wreaked of urine. On the spot, Christa, the manager, offered to have the carpet cleaned. Ummm...right now??? I need a room! The entire room was filthy with dirt on the walls and hair everywhere. We were moved to room 207. It was just as bad, but we needed a room so that we could start the reunion events. I could not believe the dirt on the walls and floors. We were scared to bring all of our luggage inside. I've NEVER see a hotel this nasty in my life. The next day a housekeeper came by who looked 12! She asked if she could clean anything. Poor child! I didn't know what to say, so I asked her to empty the trash. That shower hadn't been deeply cleaned...ever! The matresses are filthy and had holes in them. The doors and walls...the dresser had grape jelly on it! I had to wipe it off when I entered! They don't clean here! I can't believe I spent 2 nights here. Thank God for shower shoes! I was sure not to touch anything. Sleeping was difficult because I was sure bugs were present. Needless to say, I would not recommend this place to my worse enemy. It needs to be shut down today! The "new" management claimed she was fixing things by giving me a new room, but I'm just wondering if she inspects these rooms. She can't think this place is acceptable! I will be spreading the word - do NOT stay here. Stay in your car first. #gross

• Stayed August 2012
I am so very disheartened to hear of your recent stay. I'm committed to providing the training and support to enable our team to grow, succeed, and provide a consistently positive experience for our future guests. To that effort, your feedback will be a valuable tool, and I greatly appreciate your time.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My family spent a week at Bluewater the first week in August of 2012, and I will never make that mistake again. I was disgusted with the room. This place is FAR FROM A RESORT!!!!!The lobby was nice and clean, but when it comes to the rooms its another story. There were spiders in the tub, the stove wouldn't come on unless it was turned on hi, which meant my husband had to stay in the other room fanning the smoke detector while I cooked because the damn thing wouldn't shut off. The ice maker didn't work. The dishes still had grease on them, like they were half washed, or not washed at all. I had to call maintenance to fix both tv's because all of the channels had been deleted. I refuse to be in a hotel room with a 6 year old for a week, with no cartoons! The water has run do much on the balcony that the paint comes off the floor onto your feet. My husband I were both very disgusted, and we will never stay at Bluewater again! The city of Myrtle Beach should be ashamed to have this "Resort" on it's coast in this kind of condition.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I'm terribly sorry to hear that your stay with us was memorable for all the wrong reasons. We'll use the feedback you provided us as an opportunity to review, tweak, and improve to make sure we are giving guests the best possible experience going forward. Thank you for your time and your feedback.

Beacon Falls, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

July 1, 2012 We made reservations to stay a whole week at Bluewater. We wound up only staying one night. As soon as we walked into the room. I was on the phone begging another hotel to find us a room. We could not check out fast enough. In 25 years of going to Myrtle Beach this was the worst hotel we ever stayed at. The overall condition of the room was very dirty. The refrige had a cigarette burn on the shelf. The kitchen was missing the dishwasher.
The cabinets in the kitchen and bathroom were banged up. The bathroom tub had mold on it and did not look like it had been cleaned in a while. The light fixture was full of dust and rusted. The air conditioner was falling out of the wall. The rug on the floor by kitchen was raveled and half vaccummed. The murphy bed was damaged. The hallways and elevators were dirty. The front staff was understanding and did not give us a hard time about checking out. Top it all off we did not feel safe at this hotel. They need to do some major upgrading. I would not reccommed staying here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
BluewaterResort1, Guest Relations Manager at Bluewater Resort, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear 17beachbum,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I am, however, disheartened to read it's content. I am especially surprised to her that you did not feel safe on our property. We have made great strides in our security measures, including our gate locks on the parking garage and keyed access to common areas. Regarding your room concerns, I sincerely hope you expressed these to our staff upon checkin and allowed us the opportunity to switch you to a different room. I would be happy to talk to you further, and find out your specific room number so that we may address those concerns in the timely manner they deserve. Please feel free to contact me at christa.phibbs@yahoo.com. Thank you again for your time.

Mauldin, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

My family and I stayed during the 4th of July week. We were not pleased with our room. When we arrived there were no smoke detectors in the room, the sprinklers in the ceiling were very dirty, there were mold around the vents and the room smell like smoke and vomit. We demanded from hotel management to be moved or refunded. They were able to move us to another room. Other family members reported roaches in their room. Needless to say; this will be our last stay at this hotel. This hotel needs to be inspected by the city.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Pastor GL T,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are always appreciative of input so that we may continually improve our services. I am happy to hear that our staff acted upon your concerns promptly and were able to acommodate your request for a different room. Please feel free to contact me at christa.phibbs@yahoo.com with your initial room number so we can review the maintenance records for that specific unit. Again, thank you for your time.

Best regards,
Christa Phibbs

Been to Bluewater Resort? Share your experiences!