“"A Shame"” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #133 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
“"A Shame"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My family spent a week at Bluewater the first week in August of 2012, and I will never make that mistake again. I was disgusted with the room. This place is FAR FROM A RESORT!!!!!The lobby was nice and clean, but when it comes to the rooms its another story. There were spiders in the tub, the stove wouldn't come on unless it was turned on hi, which meant my husband had to stay in the other room fanning the smoke detector while I cooked because the damn thing wouldn't shut off. The ice maker didn't work. The dishes still had grease on them, like they were half washed, or not washed at all. I had to call maintenance to fix both tv's because all of the channels had been deleted. I refuse to be in a hotel room with a 6 year old for a week, with no cartoons! The water has run do much on the balcony that the paint comes off the floor onto your feet. My husband I were both very disgusted, and we will never stay at Bluewater again! The city of Myrtle Beach should be ashamed to have this "Resort" on it's coast in this kind of condition.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BluewaterResort1, Guest Relations Manager at Bluewater Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I'm terribly sorry to hear that your stay with us was memorable for all the wrong reasons. We'll use the feedback you provided us as an opportunity to review, tweak, and improve to make sure we are giving guests the best possible experience going forward. Thank you for your time and your feedback.

Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Beacon Falls, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

July 1, 2012 We made reservations to stay a whole week at Bluewater. We wound up only staying one night. As soon as we walked into the room. I was on the phone begging another hotel to find us a room. We could not check out fast enough. In 25 years of going to Myrtle Beach this was the worst hotel we ever stayed at. The overall condition of the room was very dirty. The refrige had a cigarette burn on the shelf. The kitchen was missing the dishwasher.
The cabinets in the kitchen and bathroom were banged up. The bathroom tub had mold on it and did not look like it had been cleaned in a while. The light fixture was full of dust and rusted. The air conditioner was falling out of the wall. The rug on the floor by kitchen was raveled and half vaccummed. The murphy bed was damaged. The hallways and elevators were dirty. The front staff was understanding and did not give us a hard time about checking out. Top it all off we did not feel safe at this hotel. They need to do some major upgrading. I would not reccommed staying here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
BluewaterResort1, Guest Relations Manager at Bluewater Resort, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear 17beachbum,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I am, however, disheartened to read it's content. I am especially surprised to her that you did not feel safe on our property. We have made great strides in our security measures, including our gate locks on the parking garage and keyed access to common areas. Regarding your room concerns, I sincerely hope you expressed these to our staff upon checkin and allowed us the opportunity to switch you to a different room. I would be happy to talk to you further, and find out your specific room number so that we may address those concerns in the timely manner they deserve. Please feel free to contact me at christa.phibbs@yahoo.com. Thank you again for your time.

Best regards
Mauldin, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

My family and I stayed during the 4th of July week. We were not pleased with our room. When we arrived there were no smoke detectors in the room, the sprinklers in the ceiling were very dirty, there were mold around the vents and the room smell like smoke and vomit. We demanded from hotel management to be moved or refunded. They were able to move us to another room. Other family members reported roaches in their room. Needless to say; this will be our last stay at this hotel. This hotel needs to be inspected by the city.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Pastor GL T,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are always appreciative of input so that we may continually improve our services. I am happy to hear that our staff acted upon your concerns promptly and were able to acommodate your request for a different room. Please feel free to contact me at christa.phibbs@yahoo.com with your initial room number so we can review the maintenance records for that specific unit. Again, thank you for your time.

welch
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I am in a privately owned room. So this will be about the resort itself. The staff is friendly, security is always roaming around. The pool area is nice. We never waited on a elevator. Those are the good things. The bad things parking across the street in a unlit parking garage. I am in a oceanfront room on the third floor right above the pool and bar area. Well there is karaoke every night from 8 til 11. (My vacation is for rest) You can't go to sleep until after 11:00.

Room Tip: May need to stay higher up if you are in a oceanfront room and want to go to sleep before 11 because...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear LadyRed23,

Thank you for your recent patronage and for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I appreciate that you relayed to the Trip Advisor community the difference between privately owned rooms and rooms on our rental program. That is an important and helpful distinction that many often do not reveal. I am glad you enjoyed interacting with our friendly staff & our pool amenities and apologize if poolside entertainment detracted from your relaxation. Thank you again for your time and your comments.

Mooresville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

my teens really enjoyed the stay at blue waters its was graduation week and they had fun by the pool and beach. we stayed in room 1503 and they loved the veiw of the ocean. everything seens clean the only thing i didnt like was the out of date TV. get those up date and you might get a great rating. but there was no sheets and comfortors for the pull out . had to call to the desk and the came right out. the food waas great and the bar at the pool was fantastic. drink was great and the bartenders was pleasant to talk to. overall i will be back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Erma G,

I am so happy to hear that your family enjoyed all that Bluewater has to offer during their recent stay. We will make a better effort to ensure that sofa bed sheets and comforters are available when you are ready to catch some zzzz's after a fun day by the pool and poolside bar. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your stay.

Hinesville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I stayed at Blue water resort on 4/4-4/6/2012. I stayed there last year and i was impress how nice and clean the rooms were. This time around the room we stayed in was dirty. There were food particles on the floor, no sheets for the pull out bed, no towels in our room, in the bathroom things were always falling apart, the fridge door wouldnt stay close and was leaking water, A/C was blowing out bugs and dirt particles. I wouldnt recommend it. I will not stay there again. If this is new management then please get the old management back.

Room Tip: I dont recommend..
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
BluewaterResort1, Guest Relations Manager at Bluewater Resort, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Dear Wanda R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for your patronage in the past. I'm terribly sorry and equally disappointed that we fell short on this visit. If you would, kindly contact me directly with your room number so I may promptly address these issues, and apologize personally. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

christa.phibbs@yahoo.com
843.626.8345
North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

I saw your comments 1504 and just wanted to say the renovations were great, my 2 daughters had a blast at the pools and the beach!! I just wanted to say that the place was spotless and the condo was wonderful at keeping the pools clean, we watched them almost every morning cleaning the pool, sidewalk and walkways!!! I heard they are going to have wifi, we just booked again at 1504 for this summer. Condolux was very accomodating and great to deal with!!! Thanks, we can't wait to go back in July!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
BluewaterResort1, Guest Relations Manager at Bluewater Resort, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Hi Tracy,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for your fellow travelers. I'll pass along your kind words about the pools and sidewalks to our maintenance team. They strive to do their best, and certainly appreciate your keen observation and praise of a job well done.

We are delighted to hear that you and your daughters are returning in July. Until then, happy travels!

Guest Relations Manager
christa.phibbs@yahoo.com

Been to Bluewater Resort? Share your experiences!