Message from TripAdvisor:

Spring Up To 30% Off!
Ranked #67 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Myrtle Beach
“We will never return to Myrtle Beach”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

I should have posted this comment months ago. I did file a complaint with the local Better Business Bureau and talked to the hotel's manager, but the case was closed without a satisfactory settlement. This experience left such a bitter taste in our mouths that we will not return to Myrtle Beach ever.
We stayed at the Beach Colony Resort in Myrtle beach from August 5 to August 11, 2008. On August 20, 2008 we received a letter from the hotel notifying us that upon inspecting our unit after we left they found a large burn in the carpet and therefore charged our credit card $800.00 to cover the damage. Enclosed was also a photo of the burn. This was a surprise to us as that "burn" mark was not there before or during our stay. We left the room at 10:30 am and the enclosed inspection form states that the inspection was done at 11:00 am at which time the houskeeper noticed the burn. On August 21 I called the General Manager, Lisa A. Babiak. Since the alleged burn on the photo looked more like a wet spot on the carpet, I could not figure out what could have caused it. I was told that someone has put a hot pot on the carpet which melted the fibres. The pot that was allegedly used was also missing. Something is wrong here.
The room itself was outdated. The bathroom was also in a poor shape, the bathtub was so disgusting that my son refused to take a shower in it.
The only reason we ended up staying was the fact that the view and the beach were outstanding.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
Darlington, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

I have been coming to Myrtle Beach my whole life. This was my first time at Beach Colony and I have to say it was wonderful. Our room (606) was terrific. The full oceanview was breathtaking. We loved the balcony as well as the kitchen which appeared to be new. It offered our family a chance to eat in after a busy day at the resort and watch one of the complimentary DVD's available at the front desk. Clean, affordable and comfortable. What else could you ask for?!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Washington DC area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

My family of 5 spent a great spring vacation at Beach Colony resort. The service was excellent and the kids loved the indoor and outdoor pools and jacuzzi's. It's right on the beach. We saved money because they have great rates and the room we had was a two bedroom with a full kitchen. Definitely a great family resort.

buffalo, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

After searching dozens of places to stay in Myrtle Beach for a relaxing vacation, my wife and I decided on Beach Colony Resort, and were really glad we did. The room (really a small apartment) for the price is a terrific value. It was clean and well serviced with a balcony facing a great stretch of clean beach. It is very convenient to get to Broadway on the Beach to the South, and barefoot Landing to the North (both very short drives), as well as all the other entertainment areas and restaurants. At least based on our experience, you can't go wrong here.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Spring House, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

My family and I stayed the week before Easter 2009. There were 7 of us. We had an Oceanfront 3 bedroom, 2 bath condo. We had more than enough room. The view of the ocean was spectacular. There were numerous pools. The kids loved the lazy river. Everything was great from the time we checked in until the time we left. Housekeeping was amazing, they were always there before 10:00 AM. I've stayed there before and decided to take my family this time. I will make it an annual vacation with or without my family. It is away from the center of the Grand Strand so it was real quite but still close enough to everything. A few minutes by car.

charleston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2009

Not so impressed with this place at all.. Myrtle beach has alot to offer, but beach colony rooms really need to be updated!.. We found a tin in our room full of marijuana, we turned it into the manager.. He didn't do anything with it, (probably smoked it!).. our room was "broken into" also had weird calls. Saying wake up calls... I assume they were looking for a code word for the marijuana delivery. I have bug bites all over me, it was just unclean , maybe it was just my room. I am not impressed. I'm from SC and have stayed all over the strip and this is one place I would NEVER stay again.. go to the holiday inn pavilion!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
beachlovermb, General Manager at Beach Colony Resort, responded to this review, April 29, 2009
We do apologize for the problems you experienced while at the Beach Colony Resort. We are following up with our supervisory staff and taking corrective action concerning the unit you stayed in. As to the marijuana, the local authorities were contacted to property dispose of the drugs. We do appreciate you comments which allow us to correct the situation.
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2009

We were going to Myrtle Beach for a huge cheerleading competition and chose Beach Colony Resort because several of our friends suggested staying there. The price was great, the privately owned condo clean and comfortable, the pools excellent and the views unbelievable. The beach in this area is pretty quiet and we really enjoyed sharing the shoreline with only a few other visitors. The weather could've been better but I guess I can't fault the resort for that!

Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Beach Colony Resort? Share your experiences!