“Expected more...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“Expected more...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We expected more from a RESORT. The outdoor pools were a joke, very small, they'd better built a big one instead of 2 small pools. So many people and just 1 hot tub. The indoor pool/hot tub was locked.
The breakfasr buffet at the cafe was horrible, no food choices, not even a fruit, but 2 big tables full of empty plates.
Our toilet was clogged , called the front desk but no one came to fix it.
No wireless internet...couldn't connect at all, first they said we don't need a network password, then they gave us a password that didn't work.
The beach was nice and the hotel surroundings were clean. Good location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicole H, Guest Service Supervisor at Beach Colony Resort, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Lastun,

Thank you for letting us know how your recent stay with us had gone, I am very disappointed to see that you didn't have the excellent stay that you or I expected. In regards to the issues with maintenance and the Ocean Front Cafe, I do apologize that you were unable to experience our normal standard of service. If you had a moment I would love to speak with you at your earliest convenience regarding your experience so that I can do my best to rectify the issues. I look forward to speaking with you and wish you and your family a safe and happy end to the year.

843.449.4010 ext 7106
nhadad@beachcolony.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Family or couples can enjoy this resort. Highly recommend it.it is just close enough to everything, yet far enough for relaxation and family fun the pools are nice and the area around the pools are very family friendly. We recommend this place.

Dear mollyKy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on you recent stay with us. We rely very heavily on guest feedback and certainly appreciate the kind words. I am happy to see that Beach Colony Resort was able to meet and exceed your expectations. I hope that you decide to stay with us again in the future for your next trip to Myrtle Beach.

Forest, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very nice place to stay; we've stayed here several times and some rooms are better than others which is to be expected since they are all privately owned. It is an exceptional vaule when compared to other hotels/resorts and is in a very convenient location on 52nd avenue North. The property is kept extremely clean and the staff is very nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicole H, Guest Service Supervisor at Beach Colony Resort, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Wendy M,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent visit to Beach Colony Resort. I want to start off by thanking you for choosing us for your lodging needs in the Myrtle Beach area. We appreciate the kind words and continued support and patronage. I hope that you continue to stay with us whenever you are in the area and look forward to seeing you again shortly and wish you and your family a safe and healthy end to the year.

Madison Township, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed for 6 nights and had a great time. The location is great. It is about 10 minutes from Broadway at the Beach and about 25 minutes from Barefoot Landing. The beach is not crowded because it is just far enough away from the regular hotel area. They had 2 outdoor pools, a kiddie pool, a lazy river and an indoor pool. We stayed in a 2 bedroom. it was great because there was 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen, a living room area, and a washer and dryer. Highly recommend for family's who want more room and some privacy.

Dear Cancunbabe709,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our resort and location as much as we do, we appreciate you taking the time to share this review with us. It's great to hear that our spacious rooms and multiple amenities allowed your family to have a fun and relaxing stay. We hope that you have a great end to the year and we look forward to having you all stay with us again soon.

Augusta, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I enjoyed my stay. I just wish the food was better so that I didn't have to go somewhere else to eat each day. The food was so terrible that I didn't go back to see if it got better. The front desk (morning, noon, and night) and housekeeping staff were great. They all were very helpful and friendly. We had a problem with the first room that they gave us leaking from the ceiling but was given another and it was better. The sofa need replacing in the second room but overall the room was nice just a little outdated. The pools and lazy river were very clean. I would stay there again on the 16th floor but I would NOT eat there. it was very quiet. The parking deck was a little scary at first because there is only one way up and one way down and If another car is coming you either have to back up or squeeze by but I finally got over my scare after being there three days.

Room Tip: Ocean view was very nice. The 16th floor was very quiet.
Dear Lolabrit,

Thank you so much for writing a review on your recent stay with us, and letting us know how we can improve in the future. I am sorry to hear that you found your experience at the Ocean Front Lounge disappointing, I can assure you that we will look into the service and food. We look forward to having you with us again soon and having the opportunity to show you how great a stay at Beach Colony can be.

Fords, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Other than internet slow speed, everything else is good. Recommended to stay again. Room service maintenance, front desk staff, location, environment all are good. Perfect place for the family as it includes TV each room and hall, Kitchen, easy access to all amenities and chekout and check in process.

Dear Rajan D,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us, we are simply thrilled to hear that you really enjoyed your vacation here with us. We know there are many choices out there so we appreciate your kind words, and look forward to hosting you again soon.

WALKERSVILLE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Overall we enjoyed our stay. Our room was clean. The pools and the grounds are kept very clean and nice. Plenty of shady areas if you just want to lounge out of the sun. The pools were ALL amazingly warm, which was fantastic. Nice boardwalk to the beach with very few steps to navigate ( a welcome thing for someone with a bum knee). There is a poolside bar and lounge, as well as an ice cream parlor. They give free ice cream cones on Thursdays. On the down side...we had requested a room next to or at least on the same floor as my parents and as high up as possible. Well my parents got as high up as possible on the 22nd floor. We, however, were placed on the 8th floor. No where near my parents and you had to switch elevators to go to their floor from ours. After expressing our distress, we were offered a higher floor if we wanted to move the next day. But with no offer to compensate us for the inconvenience we decided it was too much of a hastle and stayed in our 8th floor room. The parking deck is VERY tight. We drive an SUV, but were allowed to park in front where the loading area is so it worked out. The rooms are nice and clean, but in need of updating. And there is very little storage areas if you dont want to live out of your suitcases all week. Minor pet peeves were that there was no coffee available in the lobby. I have never stayed at a hotel of any price that didnt offer fresh coffee in the lobby. You could make coffee in your room but you had to request the packets at the front desk, as the housekeeping staff did not have them. Also, you had to request pool towels at the front desk. I find it more convenient if they simply supply them out in the pool area. Another downside was that the breakfast buffet was only served until 10am. I dont know about the general public but our clan does not want to get up and rush to breakfast early while on vacation. And if you missed the buffet, there were no other breakfast options. It was a pleasant week and the hotel is fine. However, with so many others to choose from I believe we will move on to another resort next year.

Dear seashellmom,

Let me first start by saying a big thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on your recent stay, and that we do apologize for any inconvenience regarding your floor request. We make an honest effort to make sure that we meet all requests to the best of our ability but in the summer unfortunately it may not be a possibility. Our housekeepers should have coffee readily available and restocked in your room, it does concern me that this did not happen for you because I can assure you that is not our normal level of service provided. I hope that you reconsider staying with us again next year so that we can give you the best experience possible. We wish you and yours a fantastic end to the year and hope to see you again soon.

Guest Service Supervisor

Been to Beach Colony Resort? Share your experiences!