We have stayed at Ocean Creek about 10 years ago with friends, that stay there every summer. We were disappointed this time, starting with the long check-in - we arrived at 4:00 and could not get in our room until 5:30 - with 2 small children running around the lobby - this was a lousy start to our trip. When we finally got in the room - our non-smoking room has cigarette burns all over the carpet in front of the couch - the sliding glass door would not open - there were dead bugs in the living room floor - the lights were burnt out in the bathroom - the television had no power button (the button was missing - which left a hole that was just the right size for little finger) - the remote in the bedroom was missing the back and the batteries kept falling out. We called management and they sent maintenance to change the light bulbs and tell us they couldn't fix the sliding glass door. The handle popped off the sliding glass door and we had to just leave it there.
We had trouble getting getting enough towels and our bed was made one time in the 5 nights we were there. There was no cleaning done while we were there at all.
We liked the location but the maintenance and cleaning needs some work. We reported our problems to the manager and she gave us some free vouchers for breakfast in their restaurant, which was nice but the food was just okay.
I'm not sure we would stay there again, we tried to get in to see a room in the towers - we were staying in the lodges - and the front desk said the didn't have a room available to view - I was very disappointed.
Overall, we really liked the beach access and the location of the resort - just think they need some major work done in the rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Message from TripAdvisor: Condominiums at the Ocean Creek Resort are owned and operated by several different management companies, so quality and service standards may vary. If you wish to book a specific unit or a unit owned or managed by a specific company, please ask about that unit before booking your trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ocean Creek Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Creek Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Creek Resort Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Creek Myrtle Beach