1. I Indicated I was visiting in the off season (NOV 19-22) because of an injured child that needed fresh air, sun, and hot tub/jacuzzi.
2. Always have to check room at check in because they very rarely give you what you request.
3. Room was on farthest, opposite side of what was requested. It seemed a major hassle for front desk to move the room.
4. Still after checking in we find that the North Tower has to use the pool and hot tub in another lodge almost 0.25 miles away. A child with an injured leg has to walk that far. After settling in to transfer us to the south tower would require packing everyone up, traveling to the Reservation desk for a change in rooms then moving everything into a different room in the South tower. Or logically just grant usage of the pool in the South tower since the resort is Dead or at bellow 25% capacity. Guess which one was not possible...?
This was our 6th and LAST Stay. The reason Front desk staff and management.
Beautiful resort, condos, views, pools, location.
Have stayed all throughout the year. Management and staff have been the issue each and every time. They are only courteous when you check out never when you check in. It's like the waiter that is horrible through the whole meal but becomes concerned, helpful, and charming when he hands you the check and hopes for a nice tip...
Master Safe batteries Dead. - minor
Housekeeping left door unlocked after service. - MAJOR.
Our unit was someone's condo that they purchased in 2004. They rent it out when they are not using it so it was in very nice shape with very pleasant decorations, artwork, and furnishings.
Pools are very nice. Internet very slow. Exercise Room is really not an exercise room but a treadmill, stepper, or two.
E4 is a beautiful Condo with a great view. The staff and policies are the issue. Until these change we will not return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Message from TripAdvisor: Condominiums at the Ocean Creek Resort are owned and operated by several different management companies, so quality and service standards may vary. If you wish to book a specific unit or a unit owned or managed by a specific company, please ask about that unit before booking your trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ocean Creek Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Creek Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Creek Resort Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Creek Myrtle Beach