We rented our unit from an owner in the main caravelle building so I can't give a review of the rooms the resort takes care of. By renting from an owner we knew exactly what we were getting. However we did use the resorts amenities. We were traveling with a 4 year old who absolutely loved the pool area. It kept her busy all day. The bad part is the limited space at the pool area for chairs. If you are someone who likes to have a pool chair do not stay here during the busy season. People were lined up at the pool gates before the pool opened. When they were unlocked, people ran in throwing towels on chairs they were not even going to be using for hours. All the chairs are literally accounted for in seconds. I got down to the pool 10 minutes before the gates opened one morning and was so far back in line that I did not get a chair. It would be nice if this is monitored for people who are ready to use the chairs right away, not to put a towel on it and come back hours later. Also the pools stay very crowded. The pools are not only used by caravelle occupants. People staying in various buildings around the area also have access to the pools. As I read in previous reviews, there is a man monitoring the pool area that can be rude in his delivery when reminding kids of the rules. Fortunately, he never spoke to my children rudely. However, there were times when he was needed because of children whose parents were not controlling their kids. We stayed on the second floor, so we did not have to endure the elevators and never had a problem using the stairs to get to our room quickly. I highly recommend staying on a lower floor. We drive a large SUVs and never had a problem parking in either garage. We usually had to park in the garage across the street but it was a very quick walk to the resort. There is easy access to the beach from both sides of the resort. Overall, we would not stay here again because of the overcrowding of the pool area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Message from TripAdvisor: Condominiums at the Caravelle Resort Hotel are owned and operated by several different management companies, so quality and service standards may vary. If you wish to book a specific unit or a unit owned or managed by a specific company, please ask about that unit before booking your trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Caravelle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Myrtle Beach Caravelle Resort
- Caravelle Resort Myrtle Beach Sc
- Caravelle Hotel Myrtle Beach Sc
- The Caravelle Golf Family Resort