“NICE PLACE - NOT THE ELEVATORS” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Fall Savings!
Ranked #57 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Saint Louis
“NICE PLACE - NOT THE ELEVATORS”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was a little apprehensive about booking at Caravelle Resort from some of the reviews I had read. Don't be dismayed. It is a wonderful hotel that has everything from a beautiful ocean view, ice cream shoppe, game room, restaurants, direct beach access, even a laundry room. My spouse and I went for our anniversary/vacation week and got the back to the beach breakfast and got breakfast every morning of our stay - it was a very nice full buffet which included made to order waffles, omelets and eggs. (Also included bagels, toast, fruit, grits, mini pancakes, potatoes, mini pastries...quite a bit)

The ONLY thing that my spouse did not like was that is was "outdoor" access, but that didn't bother me. It was not enclosed, you accessed your rooms from he outside but it was not like a "motel" feel. The elevator was a little suspect because if you didn't get in quickly, it would close on you and it sounded like it could use a little tune-up. The rooms are nice and spacious with nice amenities.

The Housekeeping was a little lax. I had to call them 3 of the 5 days we were there to come clean the room and one day, we did not get service at all We were gone all day and when we returned at 4pm, I called the front desk and they said they would send someone up but they never came. Also, we asked for an extra blanket one night and it took about 4 hours for them to bring it.

The registration/check-in was across the street from the main resort which was cool. They do have a spa which I did not have the opportunity to take advantage of. They have several properties next to each other but we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Caravelle Resort. BOOK IT!!

Room Tip: MOST DEFINITELY OCEAN FRONT w/a private balcony....BEAUTIFUL. Higher floors have a better view.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Polish first
Beckley, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Carvelle/Carolina Dunes was nice place to stay. The restaurant had wonderful breakfast and the omlet/waffle cook (MS. JUDY) was amazing!!! We did have an inconvenience of having to change condo after one day but was compensated for it.

Room Tip: Check to see who owns the property to see if they have up-to-date appliances/furniture. Higher floor...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Halifax, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I have been coming here twice a year for more years than I can remember. Service at the front desk was great. Computer room has 3 outdated computers than still have not been replaced or updated. Only 1 was working and I could not get Facebook and my Email links to work properly, due to memory issues. Now after a week, my emails have to be all opened at home. The room on the 11th floor oceanfront, was very nice and clean, except for the balcony. Horrah for the maid. The breakfast buffet was, as always, good. There seemed to be some problems with being organized. The clean? plates ran out on about half the 7 days we were there. I was very disappointed to hear that one long time waitress was left go (and I do know her story). She must have been replaced with a half dozen poorly trained waiters/waitresses. Has management changed? The old staff last March was much more organized and skilled. The specialty cooks are great. The rest of the property was very nice and some changes were made to better the fitness room. The Caravelle is still a very nice affordable place to go, and I will come back. Maybe I will bring a laptop and hope it does not get stolen. Other motels/hotels have updated computers available.

Room Tip: Get Oceanfront. Don't expect luxary unless you get a large room.
Green Features: Non-smoking rooms, but they still smoke on the balcony, which rises to the balcony above and comes in your room if the door is open.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Marcellus was extremely cordial and informative. Not only he went above and beyond to accommodate my needs for my son with autism but also demonstrated genuine concern about my request. Jennifer was a pleasure to talk to! She wanted to make sure our stay was great! Housekeeping would knock on my door or stop me at the hallway to see if I needed anything before they left. I come to Myrtle Beach at least three times per year and this was my first time at The Caravelle. Certainly, it won't be the last!

• Stayed October 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Clean and spacious rooms! Lots of great amenities. All of the staff is super friendly and helpful. Marcellus checked us in and helped answer many of our questions, he also promptly helped us when our keys stopped working! Customer service is phenomenal. Great place for families. No complaints.

• Stayed August 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The check in (Essence) and check out (Marcellus) staff is "excellent! " Caravelle staff did everything within their ability to make our trip a success. If the rooms a were as good as the front desk staff the stay would would have been great. I had to change rooms twice due to dirtyness and a non working appliance then the last rooms stove had one working burner, and the rooms were not properly stocked with linens. The fitness center failed to have any cleaning solution to wipe down machines, elliptical electonic board did not work properly, and I had to call my daughter down to the fitness center to bring a towel and keep an eye hotel men staff who kept coming in the fitness center to use the bathroom (4 at a time) and standing outside the door peeking. Finally I was so uncomfortable I quit exercising and went to my room.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
calhoun, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed here for long weekend in October. We couldn't believe how slow the elevators were, but the big kick was the hot tub: all we got were excuses and hot air from the front office. That doesn't do much for kids on spring break.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Heather L, Manager at Caravelle Resort, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for choosing accommodations with The Caravelle for your fall break trip. We apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We appreciate your feedback as we work daily to make improvements to the property. We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with an enjoyable vacation experience.

Been to Caravelle Resort? Share your experiences!