“Fun vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Leesburg, Virginia
“Fun vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We had a wonderful time in myrtle beach.

The hotel was a good part of our good time. The room was perfect. Matt did a great job at picking the room that w best for us.

Matt helped us find great resturants and fun things to do.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

1,443 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Polish first
kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

There were issues but for the most part they were taken care of. Read the full review before judging. I relied heavily on trip advisor reviews for my decision. Therefor I will try to provide an accurate review. Room was not ready at 3pm. It seemed that the majority of people were told their rooms were not ready yet. At 4 I had to go ask about the room. We were given keys. Got to room and there was already someone in the room. We were not happy considering we had travelled for ten hours with two very young children (3yr old and 4 month old). We had already waited for an hour and had walked across the street packing them twice. We were all hot and cranky. I spoke with the manager. She then gave us another room and a $30 credit to use at restaurant. While I was waiting the next guy over was told he was getting an upgraded room free of charge. Kind of a slap in the face! We finally got in to room 1037. Our room was updated and clean. However, I booked a Deluxe suite and paid for a deluxe suite and was given an Executive suite. I called the manager and she refunded the difference back to my credit card. The executive suite had a nice view of the ocean and did meet our needs but I would like to have been able to stay in the Deluxe that we booked. We didn't have a problem with the elevators as others have stated. It would be nice if someone would mop them every so often but not a huge deal. We were always able to park in the parking garage. From what I saw the whole place was clean. All of the staff was extremely nice and helpful even when we were having problems. The pool was very crowded and when we went down at 10 am almost every chair was reserved with a towel but there were only a handful of people at the pool. The children's pool was way too cold but my three year old didn't mind. One major issue that we had was with the female security guard at the pool. She got very rude with my three year old and said "Do not run! You want to swim don't you? You'd better not run or I will put you out!". She was very out of the way! With a three year old! I was standing right beside her and I was telling him not to run at the same time. My husband complained to the front desk. They stated that they would take care of it. They took my husband's phone number and stated they would follow up with him yesterday. They have yet to make a follow up call. I'm just trusting that they took our complaint seriously and are taking care of it. I am not set against staying at the Caravelle again due to everyone being so nice and it being so clean. But, I likely would try to find somewhere else first since we had so many problems at check in and were given the wrong room type and no one (except me) caught this. I believe if the rooms can not be ready by 3pm they need to change check in time. No one wants to wait in the lobby with two crying children after a long car ride. Also, other reviewers stated that their rooms were outdated. Mine was not but I would be highly disappointed if I got an outdated room. If I was ever to book at the Caravelle again I would verify room type and that the room was ready prior to getting there. I am giving the hotel a "very good" rating based on cleanliness and the staff.

Room Tip: Ask for updated room.
Heather L, Manager at Caravelle Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for choosing accommodations with The Caravelle Resort. We appreciate you letting us know about your current vacation experience. We apologize that your trip got off to a rocky start, but we are glad to know that you are enjoying the accommodation and amenities. We hope you and your family are making many fun-filled memories. Please know, your comments in regards to the pool security are being taken seriously and your feedback will be shared with the property management company. We hope you and your family will make plans to stay with us again on your next trip to Myrtle Beach.
Apex, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I have stayed at Caravelle multiple times and have enjoyed every stay. For the most part our most recent stay was great. However, this visit we had to Beware of the Pool Deck Security Guard, I think her name is Tamara. She is overbearing and intimidating . . . if you don't have your "orange" band she will hunt you down. This includes any children. The first day she was on duty there were many complaints regarding her. While I was in the lazy river with both my kids who had on bands and were visible, she had me leave to get mine -- where a little common sense would have gone a long way. She asked me FOUR times in three hours for it. As this was a vacation, the last think I want to be bothered over is whether I have my band or not. A band, btw, of which I have multiple at home from previous visits (and have NEVER been asked to show it, wear it, etc). I sat in the same seat the entire day . . . she would do well to learn a few lessons in what vacationeers are looking to do. . . I felt harassed with her approach to her "job".

Outside of having to interact with the security guard on this trip, we have always enjoyed our visits to Caravelle. The location is nice, pools are of a good size and access to the beach is great.

Al, the Activity Coordinator, was great . . . in between some of the activities he would set up small dance parties and the younger guest were able to learn line dances and the older guest were able to enjoy some fun with dancing.

Room Tip: We like the 10th floor . . .the housekeeper on that floor is super helpful.
Heather L, Manager at Caravelle Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at The Caravelle Resort. We are so glad your family enjoyed the accommodations, pools and other on-site amenities. We apologize for any issues your had with the pool security. Please know, your comments will be shared with the homeowner association. Our goal is to provide a safe environment for families to have a fun vacation. We greatly appreciate your patronage and hope to see you and your family again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My wife and I went here on our first vacation/honeymoon together. The entire staff was delightful, the breakfast buffet was enjoyable, and the room was in nice shape upon our return each day. The biggest complaint if we had one was that this is a great family spot but perhaps not a spot for couples. We do not have children and did not appreciate the children running all around in the pool area without adult supervision. Several times we got out of the lazy river due to children racing around.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Heather L, Manager at Caravelle Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for taking a moment to let us know about your recent stay at The Caravelle Resort. We are so glad that you had a great vacation experience, and we are happy to know that you were pleased with the accommodations, staff, and delicious Santa Maria breakfast buffet. We appreciate your patronage and would love to have you as our guests again. October is a beautiful time of year to travel as a couple, and we are currently offering many great Fall specials! We hope to see you again soon!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed at the St.Johns Inn. First their website said they had wifi and they only had it in some of the oceanfront rooms and in the lobby. Rooms were awful and were not clean. I wiped down everything before I felt ok to put our things down in it. The rooms desperately need to be updated; brown carpet, out dated old furniture, green and brown 1970 curtains. Our tub was stopped up so they had to get a plumber to unclog it. Then there was black gross stuff that came out of it and it was everywhere. Then we had to call housekeeping and after the 3rd time at 10:00pm someone finally came. Then after all that we found three roaches in our bathroom that were alive and little millipedes everywhere. On a positive note, we liked the pool and kiddie pools for our two yr old. I hope the oceanfront rooms are better than St. Johns Inn. Unfortunately, they did not have any other rooms available, because it was Labor Day weekend...so we had to suffer through! This is our last night staying here and we will never be back!! Next time I will spend extra money for a better resort!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Heather L, Manager at Caravelle Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
While we never like receiving comments such as yours from a guest, we appreciate your feedback. We apologize for the maintenance and housekeeping issues you encountered, and we wish we would have done a better of job of taking care of matters while you were here. Please know, your comments will be shared with our staff as we will work hard to make the necessary improvements. We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a fun-filled, enjoyable vacation experience.
Milford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

we booked this hotel for four nights in aug 2014, only because of some of the reviews and comments we read on trip advisor. room 1040 is a dingy, disgusting , outdated to the core room. this hotel needs to gut out these rooms and totally renovate. staff is not the problem they can only do so much with what they have. the lamps, the rugs, the entire furnishings are stuck in the 80"s.
the a.c. in the living room did not work. told the office and no one showed up at all. will give this hotel another chance next year but, not in these rooms.

Room Tip: don't know about the other rooms but the rooms on the tenth floor are outdated to the core…
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Heather L, Manager at Caravelle Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
We apologize for the housekeeping and maintenance issues you experienced during your recent stay at The Caravelle. We appreciate your feedback in regards to the accommodations, and your comments will be shared with our homeowner representative. Your review will be beneficial as we plan refurbishments and renovations to the rooms and property this fall and winter. If given the opportunity, we are confident you will find our accommodations to be back to the level of excellence we are known for in Myrtle Beach.
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed at the Caravelle Resort for a week in August. Found the resort to be very comfortable. The suite in the tower was just fine. The entire suite was clean and the staff was very helpful. Ample supplies were in the kitchenette. Plates, bowls, glasses ect. Beds were ok at best. Furniture was clean and comfy. Cleaning lady came daily and did a good job. We were able to use several of the resort pools and they were all clean and maintained. Parking was ample and convenient. The beach was just out the door and a very short walk. Beach area clean and maintained. I read most of the bad reviews and none of the reviewed complaints seem valid to me. Dirty, smelly or had to wait for an elevator. The Caravelle is a nice resort and was a pleasure to stay at. One tip, if you want to go to an attraction make sure you buy you tickets at the front desk. You can save some money. Did not eat in the restaurant but hear it was good. Same with the bar. Would not hesitate to stay here again..

Heather L, Manager at Caravelle Resort, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you so much for choosing accommodations with The Caravelle on your recent getaway weekend. We are so grateful for your recommendation to other travelers. From the location and accommodations to the housekeeping service and amenities, we are glad your family had a wonderful vacation experience. We hope The Caravelle will become your "home away from home" whenever you visit Myrtle Beach.

Been to Caravelle Resort? Share your experiences!