“Not So Great” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Westerville, Ohio, United States
“Not So Great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed at the Caravelle Resort March 23 - 27, 2013 and they had the game room, gift shop and walking areas all closed off for construction. They never told us ahead of time that they would have anything closed because of the construction . They told me at check-in that the indoor pool was closed. There was no trash can in the room , I called the front desk who gave us a wrong number to call maintenance. We asked the housekeeper about getting one and she gave us a trash bag, said she would bring one later, never did. There was a stove but no skillet to cook. The housekeeping will show up to clean rooms very later in the afternoon. The front desk did not even ask how are stay was when we left. I will not be back to this hotel as the service was terrible.

1,379 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

As a traveling professional I stayed at the Caravelle Resort with my family for spring break. The resort was comfortable and convenient. Being situated close to all attractions, restaurants and beach made it that more appealing. Our accommodations was clean and comfortable, however the unit could use a little updating. All in all had a pleasant week and I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed March 2013
hermitage, tn, us, north america
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My family, friends and I have been staying at the Caravelle and the Carolina Dunes for years now, and every since my first stay there we have always returned. I recommend it to all my famiy and friends and they feel the same way. I have so many pictures of the sunrise from the balcony, and we would have what we called dolphin watch, when the dolphins would swim by each day was a thrill for us the frist time that we saw it, and remains a vacation staple..Waking each morning and opening the curtains to see the ocean, was such a stress reliever, the window was like a live picture. The place was spacious, and allowed my family room to relax, and the steam shower was not bad either..

Room Tip: ocean front
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Thank you for a wonderful month at the Caravelle. We had to change rooms a couple of times, due to our early arriva,l and a repair to the ceiling in the second room. This was a little stressful, but your staff helped make the move fairly easy. The room we ended up with was #1111 and every thing there was very accommodating for our stay. The only thing I would like to suggest, is some new furniture. The easy chairs are not so comfortable anymore, due to longevity of use, and the sofa needs some new padding in the seating cushions! Otherwise every thing was well supplied and the cleaning staff were very obliging. Also, may I commend you for your bar manager at Liquids. Michelle is very friendly and makes the patrons feel very much at home. She is a keeper! Thanks again, and we hope to see you next year---hope the weather is warmer than this year and the renovations are completed by then !!!!!! Marsha and Jim Allen

Room Tip: "Corner suites are large and sunny" "Higher floors have less A/C unit noise" B...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

It was enjoyable.. We had terrible weather and it was cold. But the Caravelle was nice. The bed was comfortable and the balcony was a nice view. I had the efficiency ocean view room. It was clean and I couldn't hear other people people flush the commode or turn their showers on through the walls like I have in other hotels. The parking garage was kind of tight but convenient to our room. Elevator was slow. Over all, I would go back again.

• Stayed March 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The accomodations were great , clean spacious rooms and friendly staff. The restaruant had great food. Just remember to park in the overflow if you are driving an SUV. The sprinkler system in the Main garage makes it have low ceilings.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Paragould, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Amazing views from room 1244's oceanfront balcony!! The unit was the perfect size for my husband and me. Some of the furnishings had been updated. The only complaint was that the unit's front door had a huge gap around the facing, and when the night winds blew, cold air rushed into the bedroom. The kitchen was well stocked with necessary items, and the bathroom space was adequate. The Caravelle staff was extremely welcoming and helpful. The resort was undergoing exterior updates, so the gift shop and ice cream shop were closed. The pool areas (indoor and out) were incredible. The coin laundry was inexpensive and very clean. There was beach access directly from the resort! I will recommend the Caravelle Resort to others!

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are the best! Choose a room above the 7th floor terrace.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Caravelle Resort? Share your experiences!