“BEST Beach vacation ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 N. Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #42 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Michigan
“BEST Beach vacation ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

The Anderson is by far the best place in Myrtle Beach - the location is top notch. The customer service is excellent and the rooms are great, comfortable and clean. We were able to check in almost 4 hours early, they accomodated all our requests with a smile. It takes alot to impress me and I was blown away! Lindsey and Holly at the front desk were great! They could teach the class on how to treat customers right. The beds are so comfy, granite countertops in kitchen and bathrooms, flat screen tv's, clean bathrooms, prompt housekeeping everyday - will make your beds, replenish your towels and ammenities and take out the garbage. The washer/dryer in the units are great for laundry needs. Parking in the garage across the street was a breeze - we had an SUV and had no issues (not sure what other people are referring to). Unloading was easy too, pull to the back of the condo building in the garage and you can unload right by the elevators. Everything was clean, easy and relaxing - just what you want for the perfect beach vacation. I HIGHLY recommend this place! We will be back again next year!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, August 27, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that we had a part in making this trip be the best beach vacation ever. I am glad that you enjoyed the daily housekeeping services and the condition that your room was in. I hope that you and your family will continue to stay with us in the future.

Autumm Fenstermacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (494)
Englewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

traveled with my husband for his bday in sept. Was extremely impressed by the resort. Room was GREAT, perfect location, great parking, great amenties....
Restaurants close within walking distance to attractions, main strip and beach.
Highly recommend to travelers looking for a relaxing, calm, quiet, cozy getaway.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased that you choose our resort to celebrate you husband’s birthday and that you both were extremely impressed. I am glad that both of you were able to relax and enjoy the quiet. I hope that you will celebrate another birthday with us soon.

Salisbury Mills, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

We had a great stay at the beautiful Anderson Ocean Club and Spa Our stay was wonderful and we especially wanted to mention Mara -as she was so helpful in every way! She is definitely an asset to the Anderson Ocean Club.... and appreciate everything she did to make our stay so wonderful!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am happy to read that Mara had a hand in making your trip wonderful. I will pass your kind comments to her boss so she will be recognized for a job well done. I am glad that you had a wonderful stay and I hope that you come back and stay with us again soon.

columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

Loved this hotel! Check in no wait girl just a little distracted! But no biggie got our keys and off to our room! But the bell boy with the cart did take about 10 mins not as prompt with service! But on to the good the room was nice! We had the oceanview studio! Very clean, nice decor, nice view! We were on the 16th floor elevators always available. Washer and dryer so bring detergent! Kitchen with some dishes nice set up! Flat screen tv! Bathroom spacious and clean! Housekeeping came once in the three days we were there but no big deal with having washer and dryer! In the morning let the water run a little then it will get hot so don't panic! Valet if like but garage right across street so no big deal! Three different pools and two hot tubs and a lazy river and a kiddie pool! Pools a little small but no biggie beach right in front of u! Pool attendant kept things pretty clean and fresh towels! A bar right above the pool area and snack bar! Nice touch! Checkout easy! Lobby sort of small but the elevators lead u too the beach not the lobby! Enjoy we did!

• Stayed May 2010
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

I just returned from a week long stay with my teenage daughter and we were both impressed and pleased (understatement) with our accomodations. It was our first time to Myrtle Beach and I couldn't have picked a more comfortable, spacious and luxurious place to stay. My daughter and I travel every year to a different part of the country/world and are very particular where we stay. We had a two bed, two bath oceanfront condo(approx.1200sq. ft.) fully equipped with kitchen, washer/dryer, dining area and living room; all the convenience of home and more! And for me, that's saying a lot. We had a oceanfront view with a balcony view from every room. Parking was free and convenient with shopping and dining within walking distance. A car is necessary if you want to visit the city but not a necessity. My daughter and I were sorry when it was time to leave but we will surely be back. I have found the place I will stay and gladly reccomend friends and family to stay as well ! The only thing that was missing were dvd players with the tv's (in every room) but I bought a $30 dvd player from Walmart to enjoy my movies. That was a small price to pay for everything that the hotel had to offer. The beach is right out of the back door. What more could we have asked for ! We had a terrific time. I can't wait to return !

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to read that you and your daughter came to stay with us this year and that you both enjoyed your stay. I am glad that you found the suite to have all the conveniences of home and that you liked the view from your balcony. I hope that you and your daughter will come back and stay with us again soon.

Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

Our stay at the Anderson resulted in our family having a great vacation. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The room contained all the ammenities, was very clean and the balcony provided an excellent atmosphere and view of the Ocean. Excess to the beach is directly in front of the hotel. The parking lot was across the street but this was never an issue and the indoor parking was a plus for keeping the ocean spray off the vehicle. The only disappointment was the pool and hot tub. The pool sizes are defintiely too small for the capacity of the hotel and additional hot tubes would be a plus.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that the staff was very courteous and helpful and that you enjoyed everything that the room had to offer. I am glad that you enjoyed having your car in the parking garage so you wouldn’t get ocean spray. I hope that you and your family will come back and stay with us again soon.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

We had checked out the Anderson when we were here last year and were quite impressed. We decided to pay the high price to stay there and booked a 3 bedroom suite. On our way down from Connecticut we stopped in Williamsburg and stayed at a Comfort Inn which was quite clean and very hospitable. The first thing that struck us as odd when we arrived at the Anderson was the broken glass on the board in the elevator, mind you not Plexiglas real glass with sharp edges. We get to our room which has marks all over the walls, finger prints all over the glass surfaces, cobwebs... Our first day even after calling housekeeping didn't come. We have been here almost a week and our room has not been vacuumed even though we are staying on a beach. Both my husband and I have spoken to someone at the front desk about the broken glass which is in all 3 of the elevators on our side of the building and they smile and say it will be taken care of but nothing gets done. This is a beautiful building with great potential but it is not taken care of- someone is not paying attention. I am not a clean freak by any means but this is the kind of place that makes me think of the stories they do on the shows about hotels that make you shudder. It feels more like a cottage than a luxury hotel. I wouldn't mind being here if they left me a vacuum, cleaning supplies and then charged me a better rate. In all my travels I have never not left a gratuity for housekeeping this time will be a first. Disappointed.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a review. I am sorry for the first impression that you had was the broken display case in the elevator and that no one cleaned up the broken materials. I would also like to apologize to you for the housekeeping staff to cleaning your room. I am going to pass your comments to the Director of Housekeeping to look into. I hope that you will give us another chance one day.

Autumm Fenstermacher

Been to Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!