“I'm already planning my next trip back to Anderson Ocean Club” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 N. Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #39 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Watertown, Massachusetts
“I'm already planning my next trip back to Anderson Ocean Club”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

I just got back from my 1st Myrtle Beach experience. We are already trying to plan another trip and we will stay at Anderson Ocean Club again. The staff that I met were truly what made our experience over the top. Between the early check-in I received, or the assistance in booking tee times at the last minute all of the staff was great. Steve at the front desk was especially helpful with assisting me with some of our groups golf reservations as well as recommendations. Joe, Hollie and Dave were also a pleasure to deal with whatever my request. We had a 3 bedroom unit that met all our needs and then some. As far as I'm concerned Anderson is the perfect place to stay for what we were looking for. At night it was only a $6 cab ride for the group of us to hit Celebrity Square, we were beach front and there are plenty of places to eat and drink within walking distance, not to mention the rooms are more than comfortable, they are home away from home. Thanks again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, September 25, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that you choose the Anderson Ocean Club to stay at for your first trip to Myrtle Beach and that you consider us to be the perfect place to stay. I am glad that all the staff was over the top and were willing to help during any situation. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Autumm Fenstermacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

Met and exceeded our expectations. Room was large and clean. Pillows are wonderful, would like them at my home ! When we arrived we were put on the second floor and had wanted a room on an upper floor. This staff got us a room on the 20th floor with no problems. All staff was friendly, even when we met them in the hall everyone spoke. Very nice place to stay. Some reviews stated that the parking garage was far away, it is about a block away and not a problem to get to. They had parking on site to load and unload luggage. The parking spaces are a little small but would not make be a decision in staying here. Already planning vacation for next year and we will return to Andersons. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, September 24, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to read that the resort met and exceeded your expectations. I am glad that the staff was able to get you moved to a higher floor and that they were all friendly. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again next year.

North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

This property and staff were kind and professional. My experience was outstanding and left me in awe. I have timeshares with Bluegreen, Southbeach and have stayed in Florida, Charleston and other properties. Your condos are large and roomy. They are designed well and creatively decorated. The beds were outstanding. The room I was in did not have a dvd player and for me this is no big deal, but I thought you might want to know. The three young who were working during my stay were excellent and made every effort to please not only me but the other guess. The one I remember is Steve Jarvis.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, September 23, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to read that your experience while staying with us was outstanding and left you in awe. I am glad that you liked the way the resort is decorated and that the beds are outstanding. I will pass on your kind words regarding Steve Jarvis to his boss so he can be recognize for a job well done. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

My family and I were very happy with our stay (8/31-9/3). The staff was wonderful from the front desk, to the valet, to the housekeeping crew. All of our needs were met quickly and courteously.

The rooms (1 bedroom, living room, kitchen, and 1 bathroom) were all clean, spacious, and COMFORTABLE. My friend and I LOVED the pillows on the beds. Each night we had a good night's sleep. The kitchen was stocked with everything you may need except for food, paper towels, and a sponge. The in-room washer and dryer was also extremely helpful.

The lazy river was a little disappointing (not very big), but the kids had a BLAST in it and the other pools regardless. Our only complaint was the housekeeper for the 2nd night wasn't as thorough as the housekeeper for our 3rd night. But replacement dish soap and bathroom soap isn't crucial or a big deal. I honestly can't wait to go back.

ATTRACTIONS
I recommend that you visit Broadway by the Beach. The aquarium is there along with a host of other things - so you may want to make a day out of it.

Magnolia Plantation is a great day trip (we went on a rainy day.) The Slave Cabin and House tours were well worth the extra money and both tour guides were VERY knowledgable. (Our tour guide DJ Tucker was awesome!) We took 3 girls (9, 10, and 11) and they enjoyed the tours as well, even though it was educational.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you and your family were very happy with your stay and that all the staff was wonderful. I am happy that you enjoyed the room you were staying in and that the in room washer and dryer were helpful. I hope that you and you family will come back and stay with us again soon.

PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

This property is beautiful. Very well maintained and clean. We were here for a few days a month ago and liked it so well we came back for a week. We stayed in a one bedroom suite with a balcony that had an incredible view of both the ocean and the street. The bed was extremely comfortable. Nice kitchen and roomy bathroom. Very friendly staff who made our trip enjoyable. There is a nice miniature golf couse just across the street and a couple of restaurants within walking distance. There is free parking in a garage just a block away. It's a nice walk. We highly recommend this property.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, September 22, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay so much the first time that you decided to come back and stay with us again a month later. I am glad that the staff was very friendly and that they made your trip enjoyable. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

So according to the reviews before, I should be very careful about hidden charges, horrible customer service, non-existant maid service, dirty filthy carpet, and noisy neighbors.
Well I am happy to say, I did not experience any of those silly things!!!

I was in town with three friends for a State Dental Hygiene conference. I had booked the 2 bedroom suite with full kitchen on expedia at a great deal of buy one night, get the next free. So going in to the hotel, I was excited about what a great rate I had, but wasn't really expecting to be blown away by it all.
There was a lovely fountain in front when you opened the giant castle-like doors to the hotel. From the moment we entered, we were impressed with the gorgeous carpeting and elegant feeling you got from the paintings and marble throughout.

We were greeted by a pretty blonde haired girl named Lyndsay who was happy to answer any questions we had about Myrtle Beach and the area, she also was so friendly in helping direct us to our rooms (around the corner and up the elevators). She also gave us a bunch of coupons for Myrtle Beach restaurants and attractions

This was so different than what the previous reviewers had said. Maybe I just got lucky with the nice girl with the wonderful personality? I don't know, but she didn't disappoint.:)

A couple of things I noticed were the friendly bellhops eagerly waiting to help (don't forget to tip them, they work hard for their money). Our nice gentleman was very helpful in getting us up to our room, explaning that the pool was open till 11pm, and "the ocean was open 24 hours" he joked.

The rooms: wow, I don't know where to start!! We walked in and were just awestruck. It was a 2 bedroom suite with a full kitchen, flat screen tv's in every room, one room with 2 queen beds, one with a king bed, and both with connecting bathrooms. 2 balconies (one in the living room, one in the king size room) and a Washer and Dryer. There were also an Iron/ironing board, coffee maker. The beds and linens were to die for! The most comfortable beds i've ever slept in!
There was also free WIFI, no password just bring your laptop!
My only complaint about the rooms is the AC unit was loud in the king size bedroom. It almost sounded like the AC in a mobile home..kind of squeaky when it came on. However, it was nice and cold! The second night I had to sleep with ear plugs because I wasn't used to the sound.
My other complaint, and I didn't let it show in my overall review of this hotel, was the Parking Garage. It's cramped, small and spaces were barely big enough for an SUV. Just an quick note----the parking garage is NOT marked clearly or rightly. The hotel REALLY needs to fix this.
The floors are not clearly marked. For instance, if you go up 2 times, and when you get in the elevator it says 2. When you come to find your car, you realize that it's not there and you frantically try to find it, hoping they didn't tow you because you may have parked on the valet level. Well we finally figured it out after both of us spent 15 minutes every time we left and had to repark (which was about four times) in and out of the elevator searching different floors for our car----The parking garage should be marked like this ---

1a, 1b, 2a, 2b, 3a, 3b, etc etc..for every 2 floors that equals ONE level. We met many people searching for their cars looking for their cars too..please Anderson Ocean club, FIX your garage, It was so confusing and annoying!!!!

Some recommendations for fun: Their lazy river (which was small but cute) and their hote tub was nice and toasty hot. Dont' forget you need to ask the front desk for beach towels for the pool. I think another reviewer didn't realize this.
There was a putt-putt golf across the street from the hotel we didn't try out but it looked fun. Check out Broadway on the Beach for shopping and many restaurants.

Try Villa Romana, the #2 recommended place to eat in Myrtle Beach for food. That was one amazing place, homemade authentic italian food!

I wish we could have spent more time in our hotel room, because it was shame to have such a nice hotel and hardly get any time to spend in it! We will definitely be back to this wonderful establishment.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you were greeted with Lindsey and that she was happy to answer any of your questions and help direct you to your room. I am happy that you were awestruck by the room and that the beds were the most comfortable you have ever slept in. I will pass on your suggestions regarding the parking garage to the General Manager to look into. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Mooresville NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

My husband and I stayed in The Anderson Hotel & Spa and we loved it. We had a 2 bedroom ocean view room, the rooms were very nice and well decorated. The staff was great called us up everynight asked if everything was okay and to let them know if we needed anything. When we first got there the two bulbs were out in both bathrooms they sent someone up to replace the bulbs in less than 10 min. I'm really very particular about hotels couldn't stay if it wasn't clean or staff was rude. So we have to say we would stay again in a heartbeat probably would like to come back again with our Grandchildren also!!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad that you thought the rooms were very nice and well decorated and that the staff made sure to talk with you each night to see if there was anything that you needed. I hope that the next time you come back you will bring your grandchildren with you. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Autumm Fenstermacher

Been to Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!