“Bachelor Party Weekend - Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 N. Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #28 of 217 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Boston
“Bachelor Party Weekend - Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is a bit of a family spot and is one of the nicer, newer spots on the strip. We are somewhat of a tame crew so more rowdy groups might want to be weary. We got a 2 BR suite and it was great. Right on the beach and the rooms were spotless. No smells, stains or anything. Free garage parking across the street and valet onsite($12/day). I would highly recommend this for a family or a golf trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Cleveland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband, 20 year old daughter and I were at this resort the first week of August 2013. Nice resort right in the heart of Myrtle Beach and on the ocean. Several pools and direct beach access make it a great resort for families. Also its proximity to the central Myrtle Beach boardwalk and shops. The hotel itself was well cared for and service was very good. Downside for us was that we like less activity and a slower pace: this is a place that is busy and the beaches are crowded with lots of families...great for kids but not our desire especially during peak season.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

West Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I enjoyed our stay at the Anderson Ocean Club. The hotel is clean, the furnishings are nice and the kitchen was well stocked. I have stayed at several Myrtle Beach hotels and you never know what you're going to get with some of the hotels. The pools and lazy river are small but I didn't go to the beach for the pools. The beach is clean. Although I rated the hotel excellent there are a few things that need improvement. First, the parking garage is across the street. That isn't an issue alone, but the hotel doesn't have adequate space for unloading/loading, etc. It is quite congested at the rear of the hotel and bell hops are not readily available. It was a hassle getting all of our luggage and food out of the car and into the building at check in and then out at check out. The second issue is beach access. To access the beach and pools, you have to cross over the driveway (valet/temporary parking area) at the rear of the hotel. Cars are driving through and I found it a bit dangerous to cross with my 2 small children. The cars weren't driving fast, but there were 2 lanes of traffic crossing the area. Another thing that I didn't like is the timeshare representative in the lobby of the hotel. I understand that they are part owned by Hilton Vacation Club, but I didn't like having to speak with a HVC employee who tried to get us to commit to a 90 minute timeshare presentation in order to get a "welcome packet" which included our wristbands for the pool. All in all, we enjoyed our stay. You can't go wrong with choosing this hotel.

1 Thank lakeshia1024
Chesapeake, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We went here as a Hilton Honors member to enjoy the beach and visit a friend. It was a very nice trip and stay and we are glad Hilto Honors made it available to us.Nice, right on the beach, wonderful staff and service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Anderson Ocean Club and Spa was an exhilarating experience just before a back to the grind school year. The beach front was replete with vacationing others having the same idea in mind -- just trying to drain that last drop of summer leisure. What was so refreshing was the beach was without sand flies or even bugs. How do they do it? Maybe the sea gulls and other birds peck them up for their grocery stock.

Anyway, I love the comfy fresh sheets changed daily, wonderful beach views, and fully furnished studio. Though I did not want to do laundry on this last tail of vacation, washer and dryer were available in the suite. The kitchen with dishwasher, frig, and stove, as well as cooking pans, utensils, and adequate dishware, were also a treat.

One of my favorite amenities was the Andersen's own bar. The beer and margaritas were a little pricey, but we didn't mind one round to quench our thirst on the beach and to prevent the need to return to our room on the 18th floor. The frozen lime margarita was so good and icy cold, but be careful, it may give you brain freeze.

The Anderson has about 20 floors, and I think the 21st is a pent house. It's nice to know that some "have it like that." There was no vacancy when we arrived, so book with a view to much advanced reservations, especially during the vacation months. The bathroom is also nice and roomy. The parchment wash tile is attractive throughout.

The one gripe I have is that my room had no screen for the sliding door leading to the balcony. I would have loved to awaken to the roar of the ocean in the morning and let it lull me to sleep at night. What a waste of the ambience. I tried to leave the door open, but unfortunately a bug flew in, and I didn't even think they would fly that high. Also, we thought we heard a bird hit the glass terrace door.

I think my only consideration for choosing another resort is to have that screen door to enjoy as much of the ocean music as I can.

I also liked the exotic architecture of the Anderson's main facade and its elaborately glistening copper brown entrance doors about four times wide as the average person. Another plus is its location just off the main thoroughfare to a bevy of restaurants and attractions.

Best wishes on your next beach vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gail q
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Half of this property is owned by Anderson and used as a hotel and half is owned by condo owners. The hotel is operated by Hilton and is part of their owner's network. Nice to get ocean front view. They have 4 or 5 different pools in one area and a small lazy river and two hot tubs. There are a lot of kids. The rooms are being remodeled so they are very nice. There is a good putt putt course directly across the street.

Room Tip: Ocean front above 10 is a great view
3 Thank Sean F
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Since I am from NC, I have stayed in alot of motels at Myrtle Beach. This is truly the best I have ever experienced. The 1 bedroom condo was roomy and very clean for a room at the beach. The staff were polite and very accommodating. I used the exercise/workout area and was very happy with the equipment and machines. The mini golf course included in the stay was a challenging course. The restaurant across the street had reasonable prices and good food as well. I will stay there on future trips.