“Not at all a quality Hilton property” 1 of 5 stars

Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 N. Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #35 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Not at all a quality Hilton property”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Unhelpful staff, terrible response with maintenance and other housekeeping services. Parking situation is grueling, valet staff overwhelmed and garage is a block away! If you have young kids, the pool is quite frustrating. Room was okay. No valet or any other kind of help before 6am

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

OceanaResorts, General Manager at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property and your most recent experience. We truly value the opinions of our customers and are sorry to hear of your disappointment in our amenities and parking garage. We strive to accommodate our guests to the best of our abilities and I am sorry that we fell short of your expectations. We have addressed your concerns with Housekeeping, and the Maintenance team and have encouraged them to be more responsive.

I can assure you that your most recent experience is not a reflection of this wonderful property and I’m sorry this was your impression. We truly appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention, and we value your comments. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for the General Manager the next time you visit our area. We hope to see you again in the near future and I wish you and your family the very best.

Anderson Ocean Club and Spa Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
Shelby, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I loved my stay at the Anderson...best on the beach! The rooms are great, the pools awesome, the staff extremely courteous and the location excellent! The Anderson is located close to Broadway at the Beach and all kinds of great restaurants. My daughter in law loved the exercise center as well. The rooms are cozy and spacious with full kitchen amenities as well as a washer and dryer and spa tub.....What more could you ask for in a vacation!

Room Tip: The oceanfront rooms are the best!
Pooler, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I don't understand how this place is rated so high. Our room was nice and comfortable, but the property is horrible. I was being generous with the score. The pools are tiny, extremely tiny, and you have to walk through the valet area to get to them, where cars are coming in and out as round blind turns. Its a horrible design. We called the valet about 20 mins ahead of time and still waited downstairs 25 minutes for our truck. When we asked they blamed it on the front desk. The bar is a joke and hidden in the valet area. Just a horrible design and set up.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property and your most recent experience. We truly value the opinions of our customers and are sorry to hear of your disappointment in our building and amenities.

We have addressed your concerns with Valet have encouraged them to be more efficient. We truly appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention, and we value your comments.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for the General Manager the next time you visit our area. We hope to see you again in the near future and I wish you the very best.

Channahon, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

A total nightmare trying to get into Myrtle Beach to begin with. Then once in, the noise and the scene were inappropriate and not children friendly. I will not be back on Memorial Weekend ever again. I am a HGVC owner and requested 3 times for a pack n play and high chair. The pack n play finally came after my 3rd request at midnight and the high chair never came so I stopped requesting. The valet service was a nightmare. Thank goodness I had my spare keys as I went and got the vehicle myself after waiting over a half hour for them to retrieve my car. Once Tuesday came along the trip began to get better as the traffic was gone from the area along with the loud motorcycle noises. The nice thing is the kids can play free miniature golf across the street and the beach just outside of the hotel. The rooms were nice but the balcony was tiny on the side of the hotel. In my meeting with Hilton for an update on my timeshare, we were put under a lot of pressure to purchase more points. This is the first time I have ever felt pressure to purchase in the many meetings I have sat in since we became owners in 2006. It was very disappointing to say the least.

Room Tip: Don't travel there on Memorial Weekend
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and your most recent experience. We truly value the opinions of our customers and are sorry to hear of your disappointing experience. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service continues to be our mission.

We have addressed your concerns with the Sales and Marketing team and they are looking into this situation. I am sorry that your experience to Myrtle Beach was during a Special Events Weekend. We strive to accommodate our guests to the best of our abilities and I am sorry that we fell short of your expectations. This event happens every year and we do everything we can to make sure our guests and staff are safe and secure, all the while, providing four star service. Anytime there is a city wide event it brings on operational challenges that we, as a team, work hard to overcome, but it seems we feel short during your stay.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for the General Manager the next time you visit the area. I wish you and your family the very best!

Summerville, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Everything was great at this hotel except for the mattress's, they were way to soft and are in definite need of replacement. Other than that everything else was exceptional. The Ocean Front view was stunning. The hotel is located within 1 mile from the downtown area and there were several activities located very close to the hotel.

Room Tip: Go for the Ocean Front rooms, you can't beat the views!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Reykjavik, Iceland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We had a very nice stay at the Anderson Ocean Club and Spa, although I was little surprised when I came to our room, which I thought was with King bed on the sea side but it was Queen size bed with ocean view, not quite what we expected. I tried to change but was told that the hotel was full. I then asked if I could stay in the other tower and have morning sun on the balcony! I was told by the front desk through the phone that side had worse view, I didn´t understand that answer but I have to say that the room was clean and very spacious. The garden was much smaller than I expected but with the beach as an extension it didn´t matter.

Room Tip: If I would go again I would stay in one bedroom condo and pay little more to have balcony facing the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Vevay, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel was really nice and clean. It had a wonderful kitchen and a decent size bathroom. We got an ocean view room and was placed on the side of the hotel but still had a decent view, not the front view that I wanted though. Although, the free mini golf and free water park access was a plus. A few things I didn't like was that the parking isn't the greatest. You have to walk across the road to the garage (that is very tight to drive in). We got there at 2, which was before check-in time that was at 4, and we were told we would get a call when our room was ready but we never got a call. We came back at 4 and they said it had been done for awhile. They also said that the Magnolia's restaurant across the road was popular but I was greatly disappointed. We went for the breakfast buffet and there weren't even pancakes, or french toast or waffles at that. We paid almost $20 for 2 buffets and drinks and I was still hungry after I left. I would not recommend going there. Otherwise, it was a nice place to stay and was close access to everything we needed. I would stay here again just because of the location and the fact that it was clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!