Hilton Grand Vacations Club recently acquired this property and it appears to be undergoing an uneven transformation. At check-in, we encountered a new clerk who appeared to be still in training. It is understandable that, new on the job, she would be a bit nervous, and we didn’t mind when she asked a more senior employee about procedure, but the key cards she gave us did not work, and I had to return to the desk to have them reprogrammed.
The TV remote didn’t work, and we called for a new one, which was brought to the room while we were out for a stroll. The replacement remote would not turn on the TV – apparently no one bothered to check it to make sure it worked before dropping it off and leaving. My wife called for yet another replacement and was assured someone would be up soon. When we checked out three days later, the remote had still not been replaced. I was able to turn the TV on at the set, and the remote worked for all other functions, so we didn’t bother trying for a third time.
Other than the irritants described, our stay was pleasant. Our studio apartment was well appointed with a full size refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishwasher, washer, and dryer, and the bed was very comfortable. The valet parking staff was outstanding. With a little more management oversight, the Anderson will become what one expects of a Hilton property.
- Also Known As:
- Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Anderson Ocean Club And Spa, Oceana Resorts
- Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Hotel
- Anderson Ocean Hotel
- Anderson Ocean Myrtle Beach
- Anderson Ocean Club
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We feature luxurious-, two- and three bedroom condominiums with room service and other amenities including a day spa with hair and nail salon, flat screen TVs, fitness center, indoor & outdoor pools, lazy river, Jacuzzi, oceanfront bar, wireless internet and valet parking. Our full service spa offers massages, facials, men’s spa services and more. Close to many nationally recognized golf courses, restaurants and area attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelsClick, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.