“Excellent value.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Shelby, Montana
“Excellent value.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Came on a Hilton Vacation Club promotion. Our HVC sales person, Michael, was wonderful. We spent about 3 hours with him. There was absolutely no pressure and Michael respected our decision not to buy. It simply isn't the right time for us to invest in vacations. We loved the accommodations and the easy access to the beach.

2,251 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I was surprised by the size and apparent quality of the accomodations for the price I paid. The quiet, ocean view condo was better than I expected with its fully equipped modern kitchen, large bathroom, and even a washer and dryer. The parking garage located across the street was a bit of an inconvenience, and with very few people using it I hesitated to park there and invite the attentions of the criminal element.
All was well though until I tried out the marshmallow that had been placed in service as a bed. There was neither support nor bounce. It was just moosh which enveloped me from all sides when I went to lay down for what I had hoped would be a good night's rest. Needless to say, despite the amenities and the view I won't return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
OceanaResorts, General Manager at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for the note concerning your recent stay with us at the Anderson Ocean Club. I truly regret the condition of your bedding. All of our bedding is top of the line Sealy mattresses. I have shared your note for our staff to follow up and contact the homeowner for replacement. The next time your travel plans call for you to be in the Myrtle Beach area, please contact me directly and I will personally see to your complete satisfaction.
Camden, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Hubby and I went on a Groupon deal in January and loved it! The staff is extremely accomadating and anxious to please in every way. We got to check in at noon as the room was ready, a pleasant surprise. The room, 406 was absolutely awesome! granite countertops, full gourmet kitchen with appliances, big living room with a dining table, comfy couch and 2 comfortable chairs, balcony with front on view of the ocean and pool below. The bedroom was nicely decorated and inviting as well. We had a one bedroom. More then enough room for 2 and would accomadate 6 with the murphy bed in wall (covered by a mirror) so did not take away from the decor, and a pull out sofa bed.. There is no restaurant there but a coffee bar. The valet service was top notch, when u call to get your car they were there within the amout of time it took to get down there, fast!! Very courteous as well, opening the door for you to get in etc. The minute you pull up with your car, they are there to greet you and take over(if you choose the valet service) . Otherwise the parking lot is across the street and as it was rather cold and windy when we went , the valet service was our choice. The only thing i could say i would change is a option to take up your own luggage on a luggage cart, as only the bellhops have access to those , so if you dont have much to carry up thats no problem but with us, bags, groceries and a cooler we had no choice but to have the bellhop do it, they are quite professional about it and also brng it in your room but if you choose the valet service and bellhop and come and go alot , make sure you have cash for tipping, and we did go out quite frequently, neverthe less, that is a small drawback. Apparantly there is a martini bar downstairs by the pool with limited hours,which we didnt realize until our last day as we never used the pools. I did howeve have a massage at their spa which convienently was right on our floor, across the hall. It was wonderful and the atmosphere very very relaxing with the spa staff most helpful and expert at what they do. and explaining their variious services. All in All, a wonderful time, would def. return!! ONe thing about the location is there is not much in the way of bars, eaterys within walking distance , mostly just hotels and about perhaps 3/4 to a mile from the main boardwalk, skywheel area, with the exception of Magnolias across the street a restaurant that serves southern food i believe. We did not go there and I hear mixed reviews regarding it.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor which is the spa floor, so if you are planning on using it, its quite co...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Came here on a Hilton Vacation Club promotion and really enjoyed the location & people. We had Chris R. for our HVC sales person and easily spent 2 hours talking with him (didn't buy HVC). The room we got (1 bedroom king with Kitchen) had a great view of the ocean. Staff here are great. I can see how these accomodations would be very noisy in the summer b/c the bedroom is off the hall (window to the walkway) and there is no way you don't hear people going back & forth. Here in February, it didn't really matter. Indoor pools are very chlorinated ;-( Out door pool is ok (smallish) and outdoor lazy river looks nice (too cold to use it). Hot tub outside & inside..outside one is always busy - even in February. Recommend getting a room on the highest floor possible for the best views. (which are spectacular on the 20th floor).

Room Tip: Get highest floor possible for spectacular views. Bring earplugs to dampen night traffic noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Gastonia, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband surprised me with a visit to this wonderful spa and resort location. The front desk staff, Autumn and Mary were the best. They were able to answerquestions immediately and accurately. It is apparent they love what they do and all about making sure every visitor feels like they are at home and welcome.My trip to the spa was so relaxing and well worth the cost. Erin was my massage therapist and she was superb. I always appreciate a massage therapist who takes the time find out what my needs are instead of assuming. The atmosphere at this wonderful place is friendly and inviting. My only issue would be sharing the pool area with the children if you are trying to be romantic.

Room Tip: Corner Suites is much quieter and the spacing of the room is great!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I made contact with Oceana Resort by calling 800-624-8969 a few days ago to plan a trip for a very special up coming weekend, Valentine's day weekend of February 15th through February 17th. I placed several calls that day to plan my trip and book a room. Well after serveral calls and then making my final call I spoke with Sherrell. This employee was so very help in making my weekend dreams to come true. Sherrell went the extra mile to help me book the ocean front room with the king size bed that I wanted. MANAGEMENT, "TAKE NOTICE" of this employee going that extra mile. I am ever so greatful she was the employee that i got to talk to when I call back. During my earlier call that day I did not get what I really wanted in terms of the room. Sherrell searched and searched to make the room that I want with the bed that I wanted to come true. I am so looking forward to this trip from North Carolina to Myrtle Beach South Carolina. Customers if you need help in really getting the room that you want, call Sherrell. SHERRELL THANKS A MILLION****************************

Cloverport, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Excellent! We were snow birds wanting some milder weather. We actually could walk on the Beach & saw others with towels & bathing suits sun bathing in January. Our balcony had a great Ocean view & easy access. Fitness Center top notch, Spa, in & out door Pools with the indoor heated. Everything was clean and well kept. Service, as well, excellent.
The only thing I would suggest is bring a big terry bath robe if you go swimming in the heated indoor pool in winter. You have to go thru the Valet area to get to the pool.The wind gave me shivers with my wet hair.
Also, when you want your car, I suggest you call the desk 5 - 10 minutes before to give the Valet enough time to go to the other building & bring it over. Unless you don't mind waiting in the lobby or outside & also call to allow time for the Bell Man to bring up a cart when you are ready to leave..

Room Tip: We were on the 14th floor. Perfect for viewing the Ocean from our balcony.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!