We stayed in the North Building. We went as part of a baseball tournament in July. I had 2 kids with me. We got the oceanfront room and it was totally worth it. Theres nothing like waking up and looking out into the ocean.
Kitchen Efficiency made it easy to make breakfast and lunch. View from the room was beautiful. Had 2 pools right on the first floor right off the lobby and a mini lazy river adjacent to our building with was connected. And walking 10 more yards was the entrance to the beach. My 10 year old had a blast.
The building we were in was run down. The lobby was the entrance to the pool area so it was concrete and lounge chairs. Rugs were bare, felt dirty to bare feet. Bathroom run down. Wifi was very sluggish, couldn't even make an outside call without it dropping. Parking in our unit was sparse so we would have to park in the next building over which had multiple floors of parking. But if you go out late at night, you have to go even further. On the weekends it was a local hangout for young people adding to the noise. The lobby was filled with 20 somethings. Luckily the pool closes at 10pm.
Decor and furnishings was very dated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dayton House Resort has been creating generations of family fun for over 50 years and counting! Located oceanfront in Myrtle Beach, SC, the resort offers guests a relaxed, uncrowded, family atmosphere. The most popular amenity is a two-acre oceanfront tanning and picnic lawn filled with yellow-umbrella covered picnic tables and lounges. Other amenities include two indoor pools, a large zero-entry outdoor pool, lazy river tube ride, three Jacuzzis, John's Restaurant open daily for breakfast and lunch, the Yella Umbrella poolside bar and grill (seasonal), business center with computer access and coffee service open 24 hours, guest laundry, fitness room, ATM, vending machines, and complimentary on-site parking. The Dayton House is also centrally located in walking distance to the Myrtle Beach Convention Center, the Myrtle Beach Sports Center, and one mile to Broadway at the Beach and the boardwalk attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Venere and Hotels.com so you can book your Dayton House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dayton House Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dayton Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dayton House Myrtle Beach
- Dayton Myrtle Beach