“Great for a weekend get-away” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Rate
20% OFF
Ranked #41 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Great for a weekend get-away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Check-in was a breeze and under literally under two minutes. Front attendant was welcoming and nice. Located just steps away from the ocean and a hop and skip from Broadway at the beach. Hotel was clean and so was the room. Room could use a few updates. We had the King ocean view suite and the beds were comfortable but the furniture gives you the impression that you are visiting your great grand parents (no offense to anyone) or they bought them from a thrift store. Shower was a bit low but im 6ft 4in. Minus the furniture, which to be honest was in great shape, this is a great place to stay for a quick weekend. Hope this helped and enjoy your stay.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

i have book on many sites and the rate these sites give (ie) 2star 4star hotels are not that,when you get to the location. case in point dayton house in myrtle beach ,sc i was offer a $56.75 room but what the booking site fale to say this room was a low budget back room not a ragular room at special price. the same room was offer by the hotel for the same price are less.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed at Dayton house on several occasions and have always been impressed with the service provided and the accommodations.
On my most recent visit I requested a room that I had stayed in the previous year and liked very much. When I arrived I found that the room wasn't available due to repairs. I was given an upgrade from an ocean view standard room to an ocean front king suite. What a pleasant surprise.
The staff have a great attitude and are very accommodating and helpful. Check in and check out was a breeze with no unpleasant surprises.
Every room that I've stayed in has been clean and well maintained. Though the furnishings are a little dated, this really didn't have a lot of bearing on my review. I will certainly be back again.
The view from our tenth floor room was breathtaking! It was so nice to wake up to the sight of the Sun rising over the Atlantic and to hear the ocean waves pounding the shore. I would highly recommend this room.
One word of caution, the parking at the hotel is kind of tight. If you have a large car or SUV then you may want to park in the lot across the street that is owned by the hotel. There is also garage parking available nearby that is owned by the hotel. Crossing the street has never been a problem.
I highly recommend this hotel and can't wait to go back.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Charleston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Took my wife here for a night away from home. Staff was very nice and very quick to fix the small issue with bathtub drain. Balcony was nice and even had some furniture for us to enjoy the view. Would differently stay here again.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Middletown, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked a couple of nights when visiting the kids for Thanksgiving. The front desk personnel were very nice and helpful. The room was clean and the beds slept well. It was nice having a full sized refrigerator and a stove/oven for any cooking we wanted to do. Parking was easy and there were restaurants within walking distance. The balcony was private and had plenty of room for 4 of us to stand out there, admiring God's wonderful ocean :-) We plan on staying again during the summer.

Room Tip: Oceanfront away from an elevator.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Jefferson, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked this Hotel for the week of Thanksgiving 2014 for 6 nights. After 5 nights I asked to check-out to return home early but was told that I would be charged for the last night regardless if I stayed or not since I did not give 48 hours advanced notice.
The Hotel in general is in poor repair. We had rain for three of the days of my stay and there was water coming in through the roof of the hall way! The beds are uncomfortable at best. I travel a significant amount for business and this is definitely not a Hotel that I would stay in again. The furniture is all dated. The room we stayed in was advertised as an angle view of the ocean, but it faced an adjacent hotel. If you leaned over the rail, you could see the ocean (apparently that makes it an angle view??). They advertise free parking and imply it is located under the hotel. What we found was approximately 5 regular spaces and 3 handicap spaces and the balance of the parking is located across the street or down the road. I would NOT recommend this Hotel! They advertise a kitchenette. We did have a refrigerator that was built in 2003 (looked like 1980). It did not have an ice machine in it, but 1 (count em 1) ice cube tray to make your own ice. To top it all off, the TV in the room went out completely (all channels).

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Lenoir, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times in the last couple of years. The staff is always friendly, the rooms are clean and we always enjoy our stay! It's close to the beach and not far from the board walk. We enjoy being able to walk right to the beach from the hotel. Thank you!

• Stayed November 2014

Been to Dayton House Resort? Share your experiences!