“Been going for years” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
East hanover
“Been going for years”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed in suites couches and rugs could be updated. Bed was very comfortable. Staff is great and really wants to help out. Been staying in this building since it was built about 12 years. Bathrooms are just ok. Could use washer dryer and dishwasher in rooms. Pools are very clean and grounds are well kept. Parking could be dicey not enough spots when hotels are full. Price is fair. Views are excellent.

Room Tip: End unit with king bed
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
Buckinghamshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Family run hotel with friendly and helpful staff. Great location, particularly liked the plentiful sunbeds and umbrellas on the grass between the pool and the beach. Room was fine with all the facilities you would expect including a room safe. We were in the annex over the street, but apart from missing a sea view the room was quiet and perfectly acceptable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

The Dayton house is an old hotel format. We stayed in the suites for an offseason event in the area. The price was right and it was convenient. The view was excellent and no doubt that's what you pay for during the high season. It was clean but tight quarters and fortunately parking. All we did was spend two nights there, literally, so I can't really comment on overall service or conditions of the grounds. In my opinion it's below the quality of a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express. But it would be fine for a family or those on a budget.

Honestly, I don't get Myrtle Beach. Sure I've been here for spring break as a student, but it's like I've out grown it. I liken the main drag of myrtle beach old school hotels to Fremont Street in Las Vegas....

If you're able to pay high season rates and want to be in myrtle beach, this place is just ok. Admittedly, I typically stay at higher end places.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Collinsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed at the Dayton House as part of a package to see some Christmas shows at Myrtle Beach. We thought we got a great value. The hotel was clean and the view of the ocean was great. The walk in heated pool was just what we wanted. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a side view room and it was very quiet and we saw the ocean.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed at DH for a show at the MB convention center in November. Off season so I got a great rate on Priceline but was a little leary after reading reviews. The DH was closer than I thought to the convention center at a 5 min. drive and 20 min walk (through parking lots it is a straight shot). Check in was a breeze and Andy was very friendly. My room on the top floor of the North Tower was roomy and clean w/ 2 double beds. Flat screen and good space in bathroom. Kitchenette that I didn't use. Appliances and furniture was dated but it was all in good condition and there were a lot of outlets around the room. Walked the property for a few min and it seemed very clean. Only downside was I think they painted something in my room on morning and the smell was pretty strong for the rest of the day and evening.

I wasn't expecting much based on the price and it being non-brand property but was very pleasently surprised and would go back again. It was a great off-season value.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Ronda, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband,mother n law and I stayed at the Dayton House 09/17-09/20 2013 -We saw the show at the Carolina Opry and bought the package that included our room. I knew nothing about the Dayton House and since this was my mother n law's first time to Myrtle Beach-I wanted the trip to be special. Upon arriving at the Dayton House, I was greeted by a wonderful staff that advised me our room had been upgraded to a suite. My worries ended!-

The ocean front suite was cleaned, comfortable and quite.It, also, was close to the elevator---the view on the 15th floor was wonderful---a beautiful sunset and sunrise was seen by us--we enjoyed the hot tub -(My mother n law enjoyed the hot tub (another first)., the lazy river (she tried this as well-another first for her) and I enjoyed the heated pools- We also enjoyed sitting and relaxing on the balcony. The beach chairs were wonderful, we like the idea that this area is grassy. We did not try their restaurant (located within walking distance) this time, however we are planning a return trip and are looking forward to a second stay at the Dayton House. We have and will continue to talk about our wonderful stay at the Dayton House-how nice the staff and maid service is.Yes,we recommend the Dayton House to others. Bonnie and Robert B.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Rural Hall, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed at the Dayton House Resort Nov 3-7 2013,I had arranged the trip with the carolina opry for a 3 night stay 2 shows and 1 dinner for a excellant price.Check in was quick the room was ocean front middle building 3rd floor,had a kitchen area twin beds sitting area also,was clean and I was treated like family.Location was great close to everything you needed to get to the room was clean maid came in everyday.Uncle Johns acroos the street had good breakfest and lunch great people over there also.And decided to add 1 extra night to package no problem with doing that the weather was cool then warm and sunny,pool and hot tubes were great and kept clean all the time i was there.Everyone was the Best and took care of anything you may need,I plan to go back next year in the spring and fall thanks to everybody there I was very satisfied with my trip,take care till I see you again thanks so much,Brian Williams.

Room Tip: Choose ocean front rooms they also have side view . Middle Building was quiet and best view of pool...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Been to Dayton House Resort? Share your experiences!