“Great value, ok place to spend a night” 4 of 5 stars

Save 20% OFF Family FUN!
Ranked #39 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Halberstadt, Germany
“Great value, ok place to spend a night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Originally this is not a hotel for just one overnight stay, it is more a vacation rental. We had an efficiency. The applicances are a bit outdated, but looked proper. Otherwise the roon was also fine. AC was a bit loud though.

Our room had a nice view of the ocean also.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
McElhattan, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I only gave the Dayton House an Average rating because it is old, but that didn't bother me at all. We had a "corner" room, which was fantastic and quiet (clean too!). The balcony was a wraparound where you had an ocean view AND a street view. Because we were there during bike week, we sat on the street side to watch the bikers go by. During the day, we sat facing the beach.

The staff was SO friendly and accommodating. They actually had our room ready for us when we got there (which was earlier than the 3 p.m. check in), and let us check in very early. That pretty much gave us a whole extra day of vacation.

I only had 2 small complaints: 1) They would not allow motorcycles to park in their lot - even the one across the street. And, 2) the shower head was SO low and my husband is 6'6". He practically had to sit down to wash his hair. I am 5'7" and had to bend down to wash my hair.

Now, about the AC. FANTASTIC!! I like "white noise" at night. At home, I have a fan on all year just to block out outside noises. Lately, in hotels, the air conditioning unit will shut off and come back on throughout the night, and it wakes me up every time it shuts down and starts up again. I cannot stand that. This unit at the Dayton House, runs all night with a nice, consistent white noise. Some people don't like that, but for me, it's heaven!!! I slept so good. The king sized bed was pretty comfy too. And 6 pillows!!! I can't ever have enough pillows. I was a very happy camper.

The pools and amenities were clean and well taken care of also. We didn't get a chance to use the Lazy River, but got to see it. It's small, but I'm sure all of the Lazy Rivers in Myrtle Beach are small. It looked relaxing!

All in all, I would definitely stay there again, and I would also get a corner room again.

Room Tip: I would suggest an angle or corner room. You get a view of the ocean and the street with a wraparou...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

have been staying at the Dayton House resort for over 40 years. I have always found our family vacations with many fond memories. This family owned business has positive values. I feel this resort is very worthy of being professional organization and always meeting your needs to provide you with cleanliness, courteous staff , family atmosphere. I have recommended this resort to others and they have found it very enjoyable and have returned for several years. I believe the family atmosphere is enjoyable for all ages in our family.

Room Tip: I take advantages of the ocean view. The cost of our room is a little more expensive but in the earl...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We went at the beginning of October and the weather was warm, in the 80s. So many choices of pools and hot tubs. Lovely grass area nice after pool cement and beach sand. The beach was super fun. We enjoyed having the efficiency. The staff were always nice and polite.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I chose this hotel because it was the first time traveling with my 7 month old and wanted a place that was on the beach and had a kitchenette. The location of the hotel was great and the kitchen was nice to have since my husband and I were not able to eat out as much as we usually do because of my son napping and going to bed early. The hotel itself was clean and the pool and grounds were maintained well. The room appears a little dingy but it is because it is old with old furnishings, etc. It was clean though. Housekeeping straightened up and brought fresh towels each day but did not clean the sinks, bathroom, etc. This hotel is definitely not luxurious by any means but overall it was not bad.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Ludlow, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We have stayed at Dayton House three times now, and always enjoy our stay. Its in a great location. The room is perfect for the two of us, clean and roomy. Its wonderful to walk out the door and be right at the pool and the "Yellow Umbrellas" to sit in the sun, or under the umbrella. We usually go late Spring, so its pretty quiet and relaxing. We love the Dayton House staff from the reservation desk to the cleaning staff (we never see). We have stayed elsewhere, but prefer to stay at the Dayton House. Its a pleasure to stay there.

Room Tip: Always request a room closer to the pool/beach. We were once in a back room and traffic noise (bike...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Fort Ashby, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

From beginning at reservations to the end and checking out we were very pleased with our stay at Dayton House. With many different types of rooms to choose from they will have something for every need. Check in was quick and we took a short walk around to aquatint ourselves with the resort. Be sure to check the link to their website for all their details. I was especially happy with how clean the rooms were, and I am very picky. The decor is a bit older but considering how many people stay each summer in these rooms, they are super clean and certainly adequate for a family's needs. One small note, parking in the suites building is tight, if your vehicle is over 65" tall, say larger than an impala type, you cannot use the top two floors of parking garage, and there are only four spots ( and four handicapped) on the ground floor, they stay full. There is plenty of parking but you may have to walk a bit. Again, check website for details. Pools and hot tubs all very clean, as was sauna. A few places to eat, shop, and putt putt within walking distance. Other guests all seemed very nice, and all seemed very happy with their stays as well, many had been returning for years. Overall, we were very happy with staff, housekeeping, and the resort. We will be back.

Room Tip: Higher is better, ask exactly what type of view you will have if it matters to you.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Dayton House Resort? Share your experiences!