We booked this place for a bachelorette weekend. We had to cancel a room last minute. There was a 90 dollar cancellation fee which was fine we still paid less than we would have keeping a room we didn't need. We came to check in and the front desk asked the ages of all the party. The youngest girl was 23, she lives on her own and has graduated college, the rest of us were well over 25. They told us upon check in that we couldn't stay there because she was not 25 and was not accompanied by a parent! We were astonished at this seeing that we were not made aware of this before hand. When we questioned the issue the front desk shows a paper that you can not "check in" under 25. Clearly there is a difference between checking in and staying at a hotel. They wound up letting us stay but because the staff wad so rude, I would have gladly paid another cancellation fee not to stay. Then they told us that there was a no refund policy? We stayed despite our issues with their actions and attitude towards us. The rooms were accomodating and clean. They were outdated, but for what we paid sufficient. I will not use this facility again. I was very dissapointed at the level of customer service. I have never been treated so rudely. When we checked out, upon walking away from the front desk, one of the CSR's was heard saying something derogatory towards us. I have stayed at many places, being that my husband and I love to travel, and I HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED THIS WAY! I don't know why they had such an issue but with that being said there are much nicer places to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dayton House Resort has been creating generations of family fun for over 50 years and counting! Located oceanfront in Myrtle Beach, SC, the resort offers guests a relaxed, uncrowded, family atmosphere. The most popular amenity is a two-acre oceanfront tanning and picnic lawn filled with yellow-umbrella covered picnic tables and lounges. Other amenities include two indoor pools, a large zero-entry outdoor pool, lazy river tube ride, three Jacuzzis, John's Restaurant open daily for breakfast and lunch, the Yella Umbrella poolside bar and grill (seasonal), business center with computer access and coffee service open 24 hours, guest laundry, fitness room, ATM, vending machines, and complimentary on-site parking. The Dayton House is also centrally located in walking distance to the Myrtle Beach Convention Center, the Myrtle Beach Sports Center, and one mile to Broadway at the Beach and the boardwalk attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Dayton House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dayton House Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dayton Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dayton House Myrtle Beach
- Dayton Myrtle Beach