“Perfect for our first trip to Myrtle Beach” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
20% OFF
Ranked #39 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Perfect for our first trip to Myrtle Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stay at the north building. The hotel is clean and the room is not too small. We stay in the angle ocean view room and it is nice view. The kitchen has everything that I need for cooking. The dining table is perfect for 4. The front desk was very nice and very quick. It is very quite building.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Franklin, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a great place to stay as a couple or as a family. Location is perfect......close to Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and also Broadway at the Beach. Hotel staff was very friendly! Has such a great time that we didn't want to leave. Will be returning in August for a family trip!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Martin, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

First let me say that I am not a hard person to please. However, after paying $230 per night for a suite with kitchen I am very disappointed. When first arriving the hotel staff acted as if it was a bother to register me as a guest and talked to me as if I had trouble understanding their directions even though I hadn't asked a single question. I felt as if I was being questioned a little much about the # of guest in my room. Like they have trust issues with past guests so they needed to take it out on all new guest. Bad way to start our stay. We made it to the room after reading good reviews I was floored. We stayed in room 665 and there were large brown water stains all over the ceiling of the living room as if there was a water leak previously in the room above us and the ceiling was never repaired. The carpet was really dirty and wet which made the room have a bad odor. When we checked the kitchen we had three very small and very cheaply made pots to cook with and no baking sheets or way to cook a meal large enough for the six people staying in our suite so needless to say I ran out to buy more inexpensive cookware since we had brought groceries. They did have plenty of plates, bowls and silver ware. Do not expect a well equipped kitchen. The fridge in the room would not stay closed. The furnishings were very outdated with new granite put on top of outdated cabinets to give the illusion of the room being worth what we paid. When we went to the three pools the hotel has to offer we followed directions and wore our bracelets to prove we were guest and the entire day met with an older guy smoking cigarettes and repeatedly asking people who were wearing bracelets to show him their bracelet. For ones who left it in the room he made them return to the room to get them. For a family resort the cigarette smoking of the employee was just plain in poor taste. On a good note my kids had fun swimming in the pools and the cleaning staff was very friendly and helpful. Parking at this hotel is a hassle because they have about four lots and the garage under our building had very small spaces so even for my compact car I had a hard time fitting in and no room to open the doors to unload the car. So for the rest of our stay I parked in the lot across the street and had to walk. But the spaces were larger and I didn't feel like I'd leave the hotel with dents all down the sides of my car. As you can tell I do not recommend you stay here and I know that I won't be staying here again if ever I should visit Myrtle Beach again.

Springfield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was my first trip ever to Myrtle Beach, so I had some very high expectations. Dayton House did not disappoint! We arrived June 8 and departed June 13 and had an oceanfront king efficiency room in the main building. We were on the second floor right above the pool area and were a little concerned about the noise of the pool. But since the pool doesn't open until 8:30 a.m. and closes at 10:30 p.m., there were no problems. I was a little mystified at the "no motorcycles on the property" restriction but understood it completely when I heard the motorcycles racing up and down Oceanfront Blvd during the day. The kitchen area is a tad on the small size, but it was perfect for what we needed it for. We had breakfast and lunch in the room most days, and the little sink was perfect for washing up cups and plates. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful - especially when The Boyfriend accidentally lost the room key when we were walking in the waves one morning! They replaced the key promptly and with a smile. The housekeeping staff did a great job keeping the room clean and we had more than enough towels and other necessities. I would get up every morning and watched the grounds crew cleaning the pool and getting the Yellow Umbrella area ready for the day. It was fascinating to see how much care went into making the day perfect for the Dayton House guests. The pillows on the bed were fluffy and the bed itself was very comfortable. We had no issues with the AC and kept it at the same temperature the 6 days we were there. The view from the balcony was awesome and so close to the beach. We did have to park in the outlaying parking lots, but it's not a far walk back to the hotel. We didn't make it over to the little restaurant across the street, but we did make it to the Ultimate California Pizza restaurant the first night we were there. Honestly, I didn't want to leave to come back to Ohio and I'm counting the days until I can go back. Thank you, Dayton House for making my first trip to Myrtle Beach so memorable. I promise I'll be back soon and often!!

Room Tip: Ocean front view is awesome!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Checked in late (almost midnight) on a Sunday after traveling a long way. Room was not quite ready, as there were no pillow slips on the pillows. The decor is dated, the appliances verging on antiques. The shower has an ear-splitting whine when on, and you can hear this from your neighbor's shower when it is on as well. The A/C unit either blasts icy cold air or none at all and when it turns on it sounds like a freight train.The pillows are old flat and hard, and should be replaced. The location is great, but when you are poolside, you have one option for a restroom and that is to travel to the main building where the office is, and ask for a key to a single bathroom (one for men and one for women) and that's that. The restaurant across the street is okay, very kitschy diner food, with a lovely waitstaff. Nice TV but no TV guide so you get to flip endlessly. A movie option would have been a nice touch. It was cheap, and a good location but we won't be back.

Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

First time visiting this resort from June 14th through the 19th. The rooms are outdated, and we saw bugs(roaches) in the bathroom. The location was great, located right on the beach. I give this a 3-star rating because of the location of the resort, and the staff was friendly. So overall, it was a great stay besides the roaches.

Bassett, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Me and My Family stay here every year, It is clean and we never see bugs in our room. The pools are very clean. There is plenty of chairs for laying out and plenty of umbrellas for shade. They also have swings. We wouldnt stay no where else. Very good prices also.

Room Tip: We have stayed in all buildings and no complaints. We stay ocean front.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Dayton House Resort? Share your experiences!