Stayed here for 2 nights in late October as part of a South Carolina trip. When we arrived before 1pm and went to check in the front desk clerk was very accomodating and allowed us to check in early as another room the same as the one we had booked was available.
We stayed in the north tower on about the 5th floor in an ocean front room. I would pay the extra money to stay in an ocean front room as the view is quite nice and you get to see the sunrise and hear the ocean waves. The rooms do need to be refreshed by being updated but are adequate and have a full fridge, sink, microwave and stove. We stayed in a 2 double bed room, it said queen but the beds seemed smaller. Single king beds are not available for the oceanfront views in the north and south towers and are only available in the middle office building which overlooks the large pool and wouldnt give you as nice of an ocean front view as the towers do as they are taller.
The only real negative was the beds in our room. They seemed to be worn out and lacked the support they once had. They are probably older and need to be replaced because of all the hotels we slept in on our vacation these beds were the worst.
Other then that the stay was nice. The place wasnt very crowded like it is in the summer and we were able to enjoy the beach, going into the ocean and the heated pools at the hotel. This location is ideal if you dont need to be right in the heart of all the activity in Myrtle Beach. Its a nice location because you are close to Broadway at the Beach and are closer to North Myrtle where there is more shopping.
All in all, I would recommend staying here as the staff, location and amenities are great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dayton House Resort has been creating generations of family fun for over 50 years and counting! Located oceanfront in Myrtle Beach, SC, the resort offers guests a relaxed, uncrowded, family atmosphere. The most popular amenity is a two-acre oceanfront tanning and picnic lawn filled with yellow-umbrella covered picnic tables and lounges. Other amenities include two indoor pools, a large zero-entry outdoor pool, lazy river tube ride, three Jacuzzis, John's Restaurant open daily for breakfast and lunch, the Yella Umbrella poolside bar and grill (seasonal), business center with computer access and coffee service open 24 hours, guest laundry, fitness room, ATM, vending machines, and complimentary on-site parking. The Dayton House is also centrally located in walking distance to the Myrtle Beach Convention Center, the Myrtle Beach Sports Center, and one mile to Broadway at the Beach and the boardwalk attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Dayton House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dayton House Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dayton Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dayton House Myrtle Beach
- Dayton Myrtle Beach