I decided to stay at The Dayton House during a short business trip in late December, based on Trip Advisor and Hotel.Com reviews. I had a direct ocean front efficiency that looked out over their bright green lawn with palmetto trees, to a sandy beach complete with those little wood slat sand barrier fences and lots of crashing waves underneath a cloudy sky. The water looked so clean and clear! Too bad it was so cold outside!! This place has several buildings, and the atmosphere is very nice and friendly. I met a few snowbirds from Canada who are repeat visitors. The location was very convenient to everything...far enough from the hubbub of downtown Myrtle Beach yet still close enough to walk to almost anything you would need, including a PIggly Wiggly grocery store and the new boardwalk and sky wheel. (It's a long walk, don't kid yourself, but it's walk-able.) The one thing that was disappointing was the annoying $10 "resort fee" tacked onto my room rate. Resort fee for what? OK I suppose they need to keep the heat in the hot tub turned on, but believe me there was nobody swimming in those outdoor pools!! The fitness center is located 1.5 blocks behind the hotel and it looked nicely equipped and smelled nice and clean, although I didn't use it...decided to go for a run instead! All in all, I liked this place and would come here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Dayton House Resort, a Myrtle Beach Hotel, we strive to provide our guests a relaxed, uncrowded, family atmosphere. We have over an acre of oceanfront lawn filled with yellow umbrella covered personal picnic tables. Each table has four chairs and two lounges, creating a wonderful beach front setting for our couples and families. Add to this another acre of oceanfront pools and decks, including Myrtle Beach's first walk-in, overflow swimming pool, an indoor pool, an indoor-outdoor pool, three indoor and outdoor hot tubs, a kiddie pool and a lazy river, and you will understand why guest have been returning to the Dayton House for over forty years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Dayton House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dayton House Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dayton Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dayton House Myrtle Beach
- Dayton Myrtle Beach