“The very best!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
“The very best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

It is cold windy and dreary and Myrtle Beach I just put a smile on my face I went to bar keys and had their world famous three way chili and a grilled cheese. The very very best ln all of Myrtle Beach

Gainesville, Florida, United States
“4 1/2 Stars for Burky's Grill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We ate there on a weekday after President's Day weekend, around lunch time. It doesn't look like anything special on the outside. The inside looks like the classic old hamburger joint. We had heard good reviews.

Burky's did not disappoint with their burgers. While the menu is simple (burgers, hot dogs, fries, and chicken sandwiches) - they have the hamburger experience down to a science. Our order was hot and ready promptly, and by a crew of mostly adults instead of a bunch of teenagers. And they got our order right.

The hot dos looked average. We did not try the chicken sandwiches. But our hamburgers were as good or better than any of the chains, and around the same price. It was one of the best burger's I've had at a fast food joint in several years. The fries were surprisingly good as well.

I'm giving them 4 1/2 stars instead of 5 because their milkshakes are overpriced ($3.60 or something like that). Plus, it wasn't that large, and my daughter said it was nothing special. And also because they don't have onion rings (seems like they should).

We saw locals and cops eating their lunches there. That's usually one of the signs of a good reasonable local restaurant in a tourist town.

We ate there for lunch the day before leaving Myrtle Beach. I found myself wishing we weren't leaving so early the next morning. I wanted another Burky's double hamburger.

This is where to go for an honest, old fashioned hamburger. The next time we're in Myrtle Beach, forget the fast food chains. We're eating at Burky's again if we're hungry for a burger.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Traditional hamburger joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Decent food at extremely reasonable prices and quick service. Very friendly atmosphere. No complaints

Greenville, South Carolina, United States
“I have been a fan for Burky's cince it CJ's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Seems like the quality of the product is falling just a bit, but it is still pretty good food at a fair price. We normally visit 2 or 3 times a trip but on the last two trips just once each trip. I would like to put them back on my must eats at the beach.

Visited December 2013
Knoxville Tn
“Average burger place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stopped in Burky's twice while I was in Myrtle Beach this last time. The first time I got a hot dog. It was ok. It has a nice atmosphere, reminiscent of an old diner. The food comes out fast and the staff makes sure the tables are cleaned off. A few days later I stopped in again for a burger. It was fresh ground beef but pounded so thin it was crispy on the edges. I didn't finish it. I can finally say I stopped at Burky's but I doubt I would stop again.

• Visited December 2013