“Ok food but not the best I have had in myrtle beach” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Buffet
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Buffet
Greensboro
“Ok food but not the best I have had in myrtle beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We went here on a Saturday night.The food was ok.A lot of it seemed to be cooked in old grease or the grease was not hot enough when the food was put in it.Most of it was soggy .The service was ok also.He kept the drinks filled pretty good but we waited 30 minutes for the check.Then when he did bring it ,it was wrong.For what we paid(28.95 plus drinks) I expected a lot more.Overall I don't think I will return to this restaurant .

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Pricey, Typical Buffet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

As with most buffets, the food temperature is almost always an issue. Lukewarm food will never be as good a hot off the stove, oven, or grilled made to order. Buffet had two options. One was about $25 for buffet with unlimited crablegs and I believe there was one for about $35 for buffet with unlimited lobster. You can get coupon books for most hotel books to get a discount depending on what time you arrive. I always recommend arriving to a buffet when it first opens so you can get fresher and less picked over items and coupons give more off the earlier you arrive.

Visited October 2013
Orangeburg, South Carolina
“Very pleasant service, good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Hook's was a nice alternative to the mega buffets that are so prevalent in Myrtle Beach. While it also has the all you can eat buffet, the price was more attractive. The service was also better that at the larger buffets, as our server took time to tend to our needs. The sweet tea, however, is way too sweet. The food was good and filling, but unspectacular. All in all we had a pleasant dinner with very good crab legs that were not over salted or over-cooked. The only thing I really missed on the bar were fried oysters, but that is just me. After we had left, I discovered that I had left my purse, along with my phone, at the restaurant. by the time we got back to Hook's they were closed, but the employees were still there and let us in and returned my purse to me. They were honest and helpful, which is a huge surprise anymore. We will definitely avoid the larger, mega-buffets in the future and return to Hook's.

Visited October 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“About Par for the Course on Buffet”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Start with the positive..... service was good+, salad bar was good+. Now the rest of the story. Buffet food was cold, broiled food was kind of strange tasting, wasn't cheap ($20+)...... Won't go back. Enough said.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
ga
“Good, but typical of eat all you want places.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The food was average, with a buffet that was a little over-priced in our opinion. The atmosphere was just so-so. I would not go back; it is too much like all the others. Nothing special.

Visited September 2013