“By far the worst motel I have ever stayed in!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Shores

Majestic Shores
We can't find prices for this hotel
Majestic Shores
2609 S Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #171 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“By far the worst motel I have ever stayed in!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

We were not there 24 hours and had to change rooms 3 times because of roaches, the phone didn't work fridge didn't work sheets were stained and some were even still dirty when we started to get into the bed. Employees buying and selling drugs at all hours of day and night. People were trying to come in our room at 1 and 2 o'clock in the morning every morning we were there. I don't understand why someone hasn't shut this motel down. I don't think I am any better than anyone else but I do have standards. I could go on and on about this dump but I think I have made my point!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Asheboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

Mold EVERYWHERE, pillows full of mold, no towels, no toliet paper, TV doesn't work, no telephone provieded, stated they did not have a key to my room. Viewed other rooms that were 10x worse. Our window was broken, they fixed it with duct tape. The worst ever- Please beware, you would be better off sleeping in your car. Elevators don't work- I don' think they have in years (looking @ other reviews). The room smelled HORRIBLE & the breezeways smelled strongly of urine.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Barnesville, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

Pros:
nice front desk person
it is off season,so $25 per night was reasonable
room served its purpose
fridge and microwave in room
right at the beach

cons:
parking lot is a nightmare
dogs barking at early morning and it was really nerve wrecking
stained towels(be sure to bring your own towels)
TV is almost non excisting(just a few channels and thats it)

pool was closed for the season

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Concepcion, Chile
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

We made the reservation through Orbitz and did not see too much in the picture they had on the website. When we arrived to the room... it was all dirty, the whole bathroom had mildew. We preferred to pay the $25 cancellation fee, rather to stay in this hotel. After looking and looking for 2 hours, we decided to stay at La Quinta... and that was worth the money!.
So please, if you decide to visit Myrtle Beach, which by the way its a beautiful place, dont make the mistake of making a reservation at this hotel.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
danville va
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2008

our room had a few problems. the tv didnt work. the comode ran contiunuously. the carpet was wet. the ac quit around 11:30 the first night. the indoor pool was covered with plywood and plastic. the elevator didnt work. I read a review from August 2007, and the elevator didnt work then either. I wouoldnt recomment this hotel to anybody.

• Liked — oceanfront
  • Disliked — Run down..... just old and not taken care of.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mooresville, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2007

The hotel was right on the beach which was nice. The elevator was being worked on and so was the pool.. the pool was completely green and the jacuzzi was empty with plywood over it and the lawnmower parked by it. the neighboring hotel had a nice pool which we got to look at and be envious. Had a great ocean view and the room didn't stink and the AC worked well. No good TV stations but who goes to the beach to watch TV anyway. Parking was rather tight even though we were one of the few groups there. The spots are around the side of the building and very hard to back in and out because the space is soo tight.

Stayed August 2007
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2007

I've seen the other reviews and I was really happy with this travelodge stayed here 1 night in September for $44 so nicredibly cheap, and that included a breakfast!! The room was fine, had a microwave and a kitchenette, parking was fairly tight but as it was not busy it was not a problem at all!
I was happy and my daughter liked it too!

• Liked — everything - breakfast included always a bonus
  • Disliked — well nothing!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Majestic Shores? Share your experiences!