Nothing but good to say about Royal Palms. We were three families staying for 10 days or so. I am just going to ramble:
The condo's are privately owned and some are managed by Hilton and others are not. THis may account for the discrepancy in the units' qualities mentioned by other guests. We went thru Hilton website and got the two units. Both were very large oceanfront 2 bedroom condos. Full kitchens which is a must on long stays with children. Inside-condo laundry too. Oceanfront is just that. Oceanview means you have to go out to the balcony and lean over or sit at an angle. Unless you are on the higher 6 floors, your view is mainly the Hilton to the north and another condo tower to the south. Attached to the 2bedroom condos was a single guestroom with no kitchen etc. They have interconnecting doors. SO 2-3 friendly families can share very very easily and cut the costs big time.
Condos' quality was excellent. Clean and well kept. Flat screen TV in main room. Regular TVs in the bedrooms. with cable of course. Internet is extra and very slow in spite of claims to being highspeed but I did not take a laptop and could not care less. There is a free business center with computer and printer in the Hilton.
Kitchens were fully stocked.
The restaurant is in the HIlton. Never used it. MiniStarbucks at the Hilton too.
Royale has a wavy shaped pool and a smaller sandbottom pool for kids and a jacuzzi. Hilton has a pool too. We used both places.
We were visiting right after season so it was not crowded at the pools or beaches. Also, if you rent thru Hilton, you will have access to a great small waterpark and lazy river for kids. Since it was not crowded, nobody checked on eligibility and anybody could use it.
The beach is fantastic both the sand and the ocean. Renting chairs and umbrella from the city will cost you 30 bucks. You can buy the whole set from nearby Walmart for the same price. We are from LA area and the beach and water back in Myrtle Beach are much much better.
I really cannot think of a downside of staying at Royale Palms especially those with kids of any age.
Myrtle beach seems to be shopping center after strip malls etc along the two main roads there. Hwy 17 and 17-Business. So dont expect a cute downtown type place
Alligator farm is a must go with or without kids.
Broadway at Beach is a major 'happening place' at night. Very big and will take almost half a day if not more to go all around it. Key West Grill has a nice patio and good food. Recommend for night dining. BUnch of clubs for the youngish crowd at night. Other restaurants too.
Market Common: very nice and civilized place to go and eat and walk around and browse stores. Travianos italian place was excellent.
Rioz steakhouse is a must. half the price of LA brazilian steakhouses. Staff took our kids to tour the kitchen.
Not into country music so did not do any of the vegas style country music shows.
Children's museum was surprisingly good. Science oriented. Lots of fun even for us adults.. Only thing to do on a rainy day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton have a great north Myrtle Beach oceanfront location. The stylish Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, condos are located within Kingston Resorts, and are near many of South Carolina’s major attractions such as Broadway at the Beach, Myrtle Beach House of Blues, and Tanger Outlet Mall. Allow our Hilton staff to assist you with tee times at any of the 100-plus Myrtle Beach golf courses outside the gates of our Myrtle Beach resort. Relax at one of our nine resort pools, or choose to work out in our Sport and Health Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Agoda, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royale Palms Condominiums By Hilton Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Hilton Myrtle Beach
- Hilton Hotel Myrtle Beach