“Awesome” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton

Save Saved
You added Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton to your Saves list
Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10000 Beach Club Drive, Tower 2, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #34 of 216 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach, United States
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The Royale Palms was the perfect getway. I had to attend for a conference from work. It was great to come back and enjoy cable tv, clean rooms, comforable bed, and a nice kitchenette wit/ ktichen utensils included. I wish the conference lasted longer, lol. I look forward to staying there on every visit to the beach now.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

This was our third trip to Royal Palms and it lived up to our expectations as always. I screwed up my reservation and didn't discover it until I got to the Honors check in desk. Virginia and another lady (whose name I forgot) were fantastic. They ensured that we were taken care of even though it was my mistake. Every staff member we engaged with were extremely friendly and helpful, the entire Hilton/Royal Palms area was extremely clean, and the room was outstanding. We stayed in a 3 bedroom with a lockout room on a high floor and enjoyed every second of it. The room was exceptionally clean, modern, full of essentials needed to accommodate kids, and the view was amazing.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

If you want to be on the Ocean, this is the place to be. I love it there in the winter months because it is not crowded. I will go back, and I recommend it to you. Lots of good eating places close by, and multiple golf courses. The Hilton Resort at North Myrtle Beach or the Kingston Plantation is the place to be.

Columbia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

While it is not a luxurious hotel, the Hilton provides very good ammenities, upscale and clean rooms, and a convenient location. The staff is helpful and friendly. The rooms have an excellent view of the ocean. If you are in need of conference space, the Hilton is an excellent venue.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I've just returned from a week at Royale Palms, so be prepared for a long review ahead...

Immediately upon arrival, I noticed the property and grounds are very beautiful. The condo we stayed in included parking passes for all of our guests, so we didn't have to pay. Otherwise, be prepared to shell out around $9-$10 a day (I believe it's somewhere in that ballpark, could be more). Because this was a November stay, there was never a shortage of luggage carts, which was nice.

The very first con I encountered was the sweltering hallways. Not really a big deal, but even though it was chilly outside, I thought I'd pass out pushing all of my luggage to my unit at the end of the hall from the elevator because it was so hot. The hallways remained uncomfortably warm throughout the duration of our trip. The next con was the door locks. I'm not sure how all rentals operate, but ours used an actual, metal key, instead of one of those typical hotel card keys. It took us a while to figure out how to open the door with this key, as it seemed to require the force of life to get the lock turned. Again, not a huge deal, but kind of aggravating.

We stayed in a three bedroom unit, with one of the bedrooms being a lockout room. The condo, itself, was beautifully furnished and modern. It was very large and comfy. Having the lockout room was awesome because it was like having an entirely separate unit where I could retreat from everyone. I had a mini-fridge in the lockout and a microwave, as well as a private balcony. Loved the little seats in the showers. The only con in the lockout room was that the hot water heater did not seem to be performing well. This may have just been an issue with my room, only, and not an issue of all of Royale Palms, in general.

The second day of our trip to Royale Palms, we visited the guest services desk in the Hilton and received cold, unwelcoming service from a female employee whose name I did not catch. The next day, the same employee told us we could not use the business center because we were Royale Palms guests, not Hilton. Even though we were under the impression that all amenities were shared (if this is, indeed, not true, the hotel and the condominium need to represent themselves as separate entities to clear up confusion).

Later in the week, although discouraged by our first visit, we re-visited the Hilton service desk and were greeted by a very cheerful, lovely woman named Audra or Audrey. She was amazing. Instead of barking at us, she sparked conversation and even gave us a slew of coupons for restaurants we planned to attend. She gave us a shuttle map and everything. Everyone else we encountered on the Hilton staff was 100% lovely (all with the exception of the woman who was servicing the guest desk on Sunday and Monday of last week). I mean, someone in my group actually remarked on our last night, "This place has the most welcoming, friendly staff I have ever encountered in my life!" The shuttle drivers, Jimmy and Joe, were a delight.

Oh, and speaking of shuttle, the SHUTTLE! This was a very unexpected, delightful perk. Basically, from around 6-7 AM until 10 PM (12 AM on weekend nights) you can go down to the Hilton guest services desk, tell them you need the shuttle, and they will pick you up and take you to a variety of nearby stores and restaurants. All of the ladies in my group were actually able to have a drink at dinner without having to worry about arranging a DD.

The whole place is very clean. I noticed a lot of times cleaning crews would be vacuuming and mopping the lobby. I even saw someone cleaning the plants in there, so cleanliness is definitely not skimped on. The elevators, these guys have to do something about. The two on the left began shutting down on the second to last day of our trip. Almost got stuck twice, very frightening.

Didn't get to use the pools, at all, because it was too cold out. There should be some definite consideration of adding an indoor pool somewhere in either the Hilton or Royale Palms. The hot tubs were nice, just a little over-chlorinated.

Room Tip: The three-bedroom, oceanfront units have lockout suites, which are great for couples traveling toget...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Loved our stay here. We had the whole family including three children and my mother in law, with us for a four day stay at Myrtle Beach. The condo was fab! Lots of space for everyone and a great view of the ocean. My mother in law was able to exercise her cooking talent in the well-turned out kitchen and we split our meals between restaurants and the condo which helped keep costs down. The weekend brunch is definately a great value and yummy! What I thought was great was their attention to their Canadian customers, offering Thanksgiving day celebration meals - on Canadian Thanksgiving. The menu was delicious!
The overall service was great - what I appreciated most was the shuttle that allowed each of us to go our own way and visit the outlet mall and other locations without being dependent on a vehicle. I also appreciated the information from the staff on what to do/see in Myrtle Beach. they were very honest about the various attractions and did not steer us wrong. We only went to see the things that the staff themselves had been to and highly recommended. We did go to the Pirates Adventure and Magic Quest at Broadway on the Beach - loved both!!!!

One thing I'd like to see improved is the phone service. A few times I needed to call for various things: the front desk, the concierge, and housekeeping. Each time I called from the room, I got no answer at any of the locations - ever. I had to physically take the trip down to the front desk and then wait in line to get my questions answered and/or my requirements met. Not handy with three little ones that can't be left alone in a room!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors facing the water
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Excellent place to stay for a vacation. We stayed in a condo, it was lovely, clean, the amenities great. Close to shopping, easy access. Golf course nearby if you wished. Staff was great. Right on the ocean. Internet is an additional cost wich in todays world I did not like. Parking is extra cost as well. All in all, a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton? Share your experiences!