“Second stay not so wonderful” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton

Save Saved
You added Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton to your Saves list
Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10000 Beach Club Drive, Tower 2, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
August Rates from $139
Ranked #35 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Nyc
“Second stay not so wonderful”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is my second stay at this resort and sadly we had a totally different experience than the first. We were so happy to return here in August 2012 after a perfect first visit in August 2011. unfortunately the details are not so fresh in my mind at this time but we will not be returning to this resort on future visits. Our extended family of eight plus two toddlers drove down on a very long drive from NYC to this resort. Our room, while being the same 3 bedroom just on the opposite side of the hotel was unkept, tear in furniture, dirt on walls, dirty carpet and a bad odor. This was not what we wanted to see after a 15 hour + drive. Complaints to the front desk brought the maid with some air freshener. We wanted to be moved but were told the hotel was fully booked- yet we saw people leaving all weekend. I know they could have moved us but they didn't seem to care. I have never had an experience like this at any hotel I've ever stayed at. What can you do, we just tried to enjoy our stay anyway. It is still a beautiful resort with nice grounds and pools, the room was our only complaint. It is just not worth the chance when booking here (for me) that after months of planning and a really long drive to be stuck in a sub par room. Won't be staying here again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManager15, Manager at Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
We completely agree and understand after a long day of travel, you just want to check-in, unwind and relax in your comfortable guest room. We're sorry that your second stay in August 2012 was not the same as was the prior year. We truly value your business, as well as your feedback, and hope you will give us another opportunity to help make things right and offer you the best experience yet.
Sincerely, Randy DeVaux

470 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I live in Charlotte, NC and had family visiting from Michigan. I decided to take them to Myrtle Beach for a night since none of us had ever been. I picked this condo because of other reviews and that it had 2 bedrooms.
When we opened the door to the condo I think we were all pleasantly surprised. It was so much more than what I expected or even hoped for! It was SO spacious and beautiful and the views were amazing. The balcony was huge, overlooking the pools and the beach.
We went mid March and the temperature was still pretty chilly but my husband and son both got into the outside pool. I thought the pool area was set up very nicely. I would love to go when the weather is warmer and the tiki bar is open.
For the price, I can't imagine anything better. We will be staying there again for sure.
The only downfall I would say is that it's a little bit of a drive to the main part of Myrtle Beach, like the boardwalk area. I'm not really sure if there was anything within walking distance. It did not bother us though, I think we all would have been happy with just staying in our room and on the property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Gastonia, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

AC unit noise 1404H
Some odor
Group in room 1406 many loud kids.
Staff was excellent, facilities are great. I would return but ask for a different room.
Gym is great, pool & deck area is wonderful. Did not try restraunt.

Room Tip: AC unit noise 1404H Some odor
Whitmire, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I highly recommend to any family or couple to stay here. The staff was very polite and helpful. Nice, clean, and safe atmosphere!!!!! The location is excellent. You aren't close to "the strip", but you have everything you need just up the street......food, Tanger outlets, and Walmart!!! I will stay here everytime now.

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My stay here was remarkable and I cannot wait to return in a few weeks! I loved the private and luxurious feel that this property had to offer. I would recommend it to any family, couple, individual, or for any business matter! One of the best places to stay at Myrtle Beach! If you are stuck between two hotels, pick this one!

Hickory, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a really convenient place to stay. Facilities are excellent and the staff is very friendly. I would recommend this to anyone. The condos are large with enough bathroom space in the master for two people to get around in at the same time. I would have preferred for the shower to be a bit larger but it was large enough!

Room Tip: Views are great from the higher rooms. We were on the top floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Went for the Myrtle Bach Marathon weekend. Good value if you are looking for a 2+ BR suite with fully equipped kitchen and laundry (remember to bring your own consumables). It's bit farther out from Myrtle Beach "downtown" happenings but you probably will be driving wherever you are going anyways. Their website has pretty accurate sample room pictures.

Room Tip: Although "Beachfront" directly faces the beach it is a bit set back since you do have the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton? Share your experiences!