“Nice but needs updating” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton

Save Saved
You added Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton to your Saves list
Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10000 Beach Club Drive, Tower 2, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Summer Rates from $169
Ranked #31 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Walled Lake, Michigan
“Nice but needs updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

This is a very nice complex with spacious rooms. At check-in we were upgraded b/c the AC wasn't working in our room but it didn't work in the 2nd room either.
The rooms are in need of updating. Besides the chipping paint, the TV was old, and so small you couldn't even see the full screen. Sounds silly, but the shower was fantastic, great water pressure!!
Enjoyed The Wet Whistle, poolside bar...good drinks and a relaxed atmosphere.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager15, Manager at Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your guest room. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.
Sincerely, Randy DeVaux

448 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Godwin, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We had a family reunion at the Royal Palms Condominiums. We stayed for 4 days and the hotel accommodated us very well. The staff was friendly and helpful. The facility was clean from the front lobby to our personal condos. The room we stayed in was The 2BR/2BA was exquisite. Everything you needed to cook if you chose to do so. Tile floors in the kitchen and bathroom with granite countertops. A bar with 4 chairs in the kitchen. The master bedroom contained King size bed with walk-in closet. The bath with double sinks and garden tub. The guest bath single sink with shower. The living area was open and quite spacious. There was a dining room and the table accommodated 8. We stayed on the 9th floor and our balcony was large with 2 patio tables. The veiw of the ocean was breath taking. There were doorbells which was a nice touch. There were 3 pools and a bar that sat between them to get drinks and food. The food served at our banquet was devine. We had all we needed to make our family reunion a success. The parking cost $8/day and Wi-Fi was $9.95/day. I felt with such a big party the cost of those items should have been waived. Overall, it was a great getaway!

Room Tip: The larger balconies seemed to be mid-way of the condo. We stayed in room 9204 and all the balconies...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The Royal Palms Condominiums is an excellent facility that can accommodate both families and couples. I have stayed there twice this summer and the experience has been awesome. The facilities are superb and the staff treats you like special guest. I encourage anyone going to Myrthle Beach to stay at the Royal Palms. It is the only place I stay!!

Room Tip: Ask for an Ocean View for the best value. The balcony (chairs) allows you to sit and enjoy the beac...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here the first week of October. I got lost but finally found it after night fall. As i approached the entrance It was a muggy night but there was a costal breeze, refreshing. It reminded me of the islands! We stayed on the 20 th floor ,no checking in the key was mailed 2 me prior. Upon opening the door 2 the condo ,all the blinds were pulled opened. I was awe struck 2 have a crystal clear view a full moon that night & ocean,beautiful. I then went out on the full wrap around balcony, It looked as if could reach out & touch the moon! There was some general wear& tear in the condo nothing major,I was very comfortable. The kitchen was fine,plenty of dishes,glasses,etc. definitely could use a frying/sauté pan but I made due. Nice jacuzzi tub , washer & dryer ,spacious for 3-4 people. Very small pool for RP,it was closed for the season but I used the Hilton's adjacent pool & hot tub,cute bar area,a few cabanas,relaxing area. RP is connected 2 & shares a walkway w/ the Hilton. There's a well stocked store w/ Starbucks coffee & other conveniences. The only negative for me was the actual location & north MB beachfront. I've been 2 MB but on the main strip the sand was ok but water was very nice. The beach front @ RP was kinda icky! There was foam at the edge of the beach. The further west I walked the more foam. No 1 else seemed bothered but me. No foam at the main beach ,that day the water was beautiful ,it had bluish green color,like islands! (No , I didn't have any cocktails that day;) I was further away then I expected from the main strip & attractions than I realized. Now I understand such logistics. Was lucky 2 see a few live bands for Octoberfest .
You need a car 2 survive & enjoy all of MB. Plenty of stores & such about a mile away.

• Stayed October 2012
Boone, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Have one of the penthouse sweats and it was extra clean and nice. Everything you need is just steps away. The beach is just seconds from my front door. All the staff has been very helpful. I will be back many more times.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We recently returned from the Royale Palms, and were so happy with everything. The place was beautiful and clean, with every amenity we wanted at a very reasonable rate. The beach was beautiful, and the staff was so friendly and welcoming, we definitely on making the trip a yearly event. Thanks to everyone there for a great vacation!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed here August 24th-26, 2012. Due to the astounding increase in bed bug incidences reported in Myrtle Beach hotels, I took the time to read reviews and make sure this hotel didn't show up on any report with bed bugs. While at the hotel, the room seemed fine and we had no issues. However, a few days after I arrived home I noticed 3 red bumps in a vertical line on my backside and a few similar red bumps in a few other places on my body. I immediately thought it might be bed bugs and began doing research to see if you can bring bed bugs back from a hotel (and you can - they will get in your luggage!), so I began washing sheets and bedding and was on the lookout for bed bugs. I wash my sheets regularly anyway, and several weeks went by and I did not notice any bed bugs and then just brushed it off as some weird bug that bit me. However, the bumps/bites were consistent with what I read online as far as how bed bugs bite or "feed". I have now actually seen mature bed bugs on my sheets and I have confirmed that I do have bed bugs. I have now started the treatment process and although it's just started it is a pain and will likely turn out to be quite costly once you add up pest control, protective covers for mattress and box springs required by pest control, dry cleaning costs, time and energy and money for massive amounts of laundry, etc., etc. I am in the process of notifying the hotel so they can be sure to treat the room.

So while I had no other issues with my stay and had a good trip and otherwise have no complaints, none of that really matters since my birthday vacation has turned into an ongoing and costly aggravation at home. After I speak with the hotel, I will update my review on their response and how they handle the situation. I am going to ask them to file a claim with their liability carrier at the very least.

Room Tip: Check for bed bugs
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager15, Manager at Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our property. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations. Due to your post, we have reached out to our contracted pest control company, and they have inspected not only your unit, but the surrounding units as well. Upon receipt of documentation from them, I will personally communicate their findings. Again, we do apologize for any inconvenience and do appreciate your feedback. Should you wish to contact me directly, please do so at randy.devaux@hilton.com or 843-692-3116.
Sincerely, Randy DeVaux

Been to Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton? Share your experiences!